What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bubble hash too soft.

OldSoG

wheni do the bubble hash all i use is the 220 for mixing, 190 for straining out cat hair and stuff and then the 45 bag. i press the water out and form it into patties which are left out to dry. after a day or 2 it's firm but softens when warmed up. as the days go by i notice a bubble form inthe hash pattie, i open the bubble and press it again to get the air out. it's been about 7 days and the stuff is so soft it sticks to my fingers. i actually have to keep it in the fridge now other wise it's too hard to work with.

any idea why it's so soft? is the air bubble that forms because it's decomposing and releaseing"gas" or air? i normally wouldn't question soft hash but this stuff is too soft.

peace,
OS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah man, to me it sounds like you didn't let it dry properly. you shouldn't leave it in a lump from the time you make it. the best way is to crumble it up and let it dry properly. then you can press it back together if you want or just use it like it is, its easyer to work with when its crumbled up a bit like this

hash*_*bean

what i do is when i pressed the extra water out of the hash pad i press i thrue a kitchen sieve onto some paper and leave it there to dry out for more then 48 hours ,if u dont dry well i will mold very easy

OldSoG

thats kind of what i do. i scrape it out of the bags and put it in between a bunch of paper towels press the shit out of it. then i leave it out. this stuff has been sitting on a plate in the open for 7+ days and is softer then it was on day 2. stoney as all hell but very very soft.

peace,

hash*_*bean

did u press it thrue a kitchen sieve/screen ,i have to make it in to a powder form .
u can allso do this with a small cofee blender ,but if u press the wet hash and leave it in lumps then they will not dry,and perhaps they will mold ,here are some pictures so i hope u understand what i mean

here is a picture to show u what i mean when i say sieve/screen follow the green arrow hehe

and one where i pressed all the water out and then put it thru the screen/sieve

and a picture of a coffegrinder witch u can use if u dont have a kitchen sieve

and one picture of the finish product when it hash dried for 48 hours or more(in powder form) and then pressed

and i litle one of the smoke bubling

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Yeah i was going to suggest a sieve. If you leave it in patties, the internal moisture has no way to evaporate out ,and if left moist too long it will mold which is very bad.