What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucas GH2part vs Maxibloom (Afgoo 1600w)

Hello all :wave:

So heres the deal...been reading and learning special thanks to
Grat3fulH3ad.
This is basically just to keep a record for my own info but certainly hope it helps others!

The strain - Afgoo (clones from bpg)20 total

The medium - str8 coco in cups for now but 2 gal bags

Feeding: Lucas formula/Heads formula
10 using maxibloom // 10 using floramicro florabloom

Lights - T5 then 600w MH then 1600w hps

Got the clones on saturday, let them dry till sunday night,
mixed up some light nute water, 2 gals of maxibloom 2 gals of gh2part, added a little root booster and silica to both also about a half a gram of epsom salt...

my ppm meter may be damaged but its reading 80 from tap
and 300 after all nuts if anyones in san francisco let me know if this sounds right????

anyway i poked holes in clear plastic cups, dunked the coco in the nutrient solution ph'd at 5.8, and drained excess wet but kept the coco pretty moist and filled 10 cups with the maxi solution and 10 with the gh2part solution.
added my clones and placed the clear cups in blue beer cups,
this is mainly cause i would like to see the root development, and the blue cups act like saucers.

what else...? i pretty high off this bho i made from some headband so this is pretty challenging right now but i think that sums it up for now...lets see some pics
DSC00230.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

comments are awesome :)
be back later i got the munchies...
T5.

also let me say this is my first coco grow, i am normally a ebb n flow guy, and i prefer to use gh full line so lucas is also new to me.

also i will be adding blue matts to automate feeding also new to me

pretty excited about this grow.

i mixed up some nutrients using a 1 gallon bucket for each batch,
i gave both 1 teaspoon of root booster,.5g of epsom and literally a drop of silica
then i did 3.5grams of maxibloom for one
and
3ml of micro and 4.5 ml of bloom
both ph'd at 5.8

i take my inner cups and dip them 3 times or so, into the solution
let the run off drip for 30 seconds or so then return it to the blue cup
not sure if i will be doing this daily or what since this is my first coco grow,
just know i don't want them to get less than moist...

any input on these numbers would be great.

i love you all.
ok im high not all of you ;)

peace for now.

RoomRaider

Taggin along also. I use 2 part in sunshine. Don't forget to go into detail on how your setting up the bluemat pls. :)

ogenko

this is gonna be sweet
i got some afgoos myself and am using Lucas/rez ratio
and i got maxibloom for next run
so you got my interest for sure
good growing!!!

appreciate the comments guys!

so quick update, things are coming along nicely got some nice roots growing,
i noticed that some of the cups i packed the coco in rather loose, and some a little tighter,
well thru feedings vie developed some air pockets in the looser ones, well those seem to be growing roots at a faster rate, maybe cause of more air? but the ones packed a lil tighter just don't seem to have the explosive root growth of the others...
will post some pics tomorrow or later if im not too stoned :x

ok so its been one week and today i have started to feed daily at full strength, and have placed them under the 600w mh, may increase feeding to two x a day this week,
im very impressed with the root growth and the root health lots of fine white hairs...
some pics...
DSC00234.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

last one of the reservoirs i got, realized i shouldn't have gotten white after the fact, but i will most likely wrap them in blk/wht visqueen to keep light out...

this is a very exciting grow for me i look forward to seeing these plants everyday, cant wait to see what this week brings...

slowandeasy

Veteran
ok so its been one week and today i have started to feed daily at full strength, and have placed them under the 600w mh, may increase feeding to two x a day this week,
im very impressed with the root growth and the root health lots of fine white hairs...
some pics...
DSC00234.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

last one of the reservoirs i got, realized i shouldn't have gotten white after the fact, but i will most likely wrap them in blk/wht visqueen to keep light out...

this is a very exciting grow for me i look forward to seeing these plants everyday, cant wait to see what this week brings...

I will be following your grow, good luck! But may I add a few suggestions? Obviously, lightproof your reservoirs. Try using some Smart Pots, they work better with Blumats than plastic...IMO. You have way less chance of your drippers flooding with Smart Pots because they hold more moisture. I have ran blumats and Coco for a long time now, and I prefer 1 or 2 Gal Smart Pots....I use 1 Gal now and get the same or better results as 2 Gal. The roots never get rootbound, so you can grow a massive plant in a very small container!!

Also, once you hook them up to the Blumats and they start to grow....they explode. If space is an issue, top early and flip sooner than you think. Once mine hit a certain point, they can get out of control very fast. It is like they hit a turbo boost, and there is no stopping them. So I top very early, and train my plants to avoid height issues. I start my drip rate at about every 10 Sec after transplant, as they grow the drip rate gets faster. Usually stop at about every 3 sec. But obviously yours could be different, according to your environment and plant size.

I love my Blumats, Canna Coco, and Modified 6/9 formula. I use 6 micro, 9 bloom, 3ml Magi-Cal, .4 ml Drip Clean, and pH 5.8-6.0. Also, I hand-water Kool Bloom mixed in a few times in Flower. I used to use Maxi, and it works well...but I like to cut the Micro out in later flower. Something you cannot do with the Maxi. I am excited to watch your side by side. They will both turn out great. Are you going to use 6/9 the whole grow or add any PK booster in Flower? Good luck!!

BTW, I never use half strength on clones and my seedlings get full strength within a week. I think half strength is a waste of time...all of my plants take full strength no problem. Half just slows the process down IMO, because even Full strength 6/9 is not that strong!

slowandeasy, let me say thanks for stopping by, and your advice is greatly appreciated!

got the res's wraped already...

def gonna get into some smart pots, i hate to say it but vie been kinda broke, had to buy dehumidifier and 2 sets of blumats and take care of the rest of life, but the grow bags are just temp, had to cut corners there hope i don't flood :x

goin away to tahoe this weekend so gotta get the blumats hooked up and dialed in this week!

appreciate the advice about the topping, not real sure what im gonad do in that regard yet, afgoo is a new strain to me, i expect it to stay some what squat, but im thinking i will begin flower in about mid week 2 start of week 3, well play it by eye...

don't think i will run any bud boosters this go, just want to keep it as close to uniform, but u touched on something i was thinking about a lot last night while reading more of h3ads thread, no way to cut out the micro in the maxibloom... i was thinking id like to cut the micro out a bit early in the gh2part as to make better flavor, but i may not for uniformity sake, just 2 week flush with florakleen on both will probably be the route i go. and yes 6/9 whole grow unless the plants say otherwise ;)

thanks for the tips all around esp on the blumats, any advice for when hooking them up? or is it str8 fwd?
i was thinking about adding a on off valve near the res for when i want to do maintenance...

ps just started top feeding 2x a day today...full strength.

hope everyone enjoys ther superbowl sunday.

peace!:wave:

slowandeasy

Veteran
When I hook up my Blumats the first time, soak the hose in hot water, to make it more workable. If your plants are already in you grow bags, hook up your blumats and water your plants good. Do not follow the directions when it says to turn back the dripper. I water good, purge the lines so no air is in them, and set my blumat to just have a drip hanging for the first night. Then after a day or 2, I manually set my drippers to about 10 sec. Then after a few days I up the drip rate. I adjust mine manually according to plant size and moisture level. Also, I like to hand-water little bit every few days to ensure the whole pot stays moist. I keep my Coco damp, not soaked...and use Drip Clean to ensure no salt build up. If you need any help, just ask. Good luck!!

one Q

Quality
Veteran
yes. heat up some water on the stove soak the bent lines for a few seconds.

good advise S&E most just struggle with them all curved... it helps get lines over the nipples too.

Latest posts

Latest posts