What's new

Crake's Upright Stealth Inline NGB

Crake

Hi all. Just wanted to share my latest creation and the lessons I learned while creating it. I put a lot of time into this and I'm really proud about how it turned out. Here's my upright NGB box!

I spent a lot of time trying to find a cabinet that would work well. I ended up choosing this. It was about $100 and is 48"x18"x15"
1.png

Inside you can see there are the three standard NGB chambers. On bottom is a mother chamber, the middle is the flowering chamber, and on top is the scrubber.
3.png

Taking a closer look at the scrubber we see a Panasonic WhisperFit 50CFM (about $100) taken out of its enclosure, pulling through about 200" square carbon bed at about one inch depth. My plan initially called for the Bulenath-style scrubber, but I found this design failed due to lack of surface area. Sound levels were noticeably loud and choppy. With 200" square, it's nearly completely inaudible (~0.4 sones):
4.png

Here's a closer look at the mother chamber. You can also see the light-trap design, which is composed of quite a few right angles made from flat-black painted metal drywall corner bead. I still notice a faint glow coming out of the bottom when it's pitch dark, so I may have to add another set of angles underneath the box. The good thing about this design is that I don't have to bother with all kinds of PVC right angles and stuff. It's just nice and simple!
5.png

Here's the entire unit. I'm really happy with my decision to use a long powerstrip lining the inside of the entire box. I haven't decided on wattage yet. I'm still in the testing stages. With about 230 watts total, it's running about 7 degrees above ambient, which is tolerable. As you can see, the vertical powerstrip will give me the option to add some addition lighting below the canopy if I see fit.
7.png

Stay out! I added this lock that keeps the door nice and tight. No light leaks.
2.png

Thanks for stopping by! Happy growing.

Crake

R

redeyesurprise

Very nice and clean looking Crake. What you planning on running for the maiden voyage? Subscribed. :lurk: Good luck!

kjz71521

Ngb

Ngb

Crake,
Lookin good bro, im pullin up a chair for this cfl grow. What type of beans are you adding and what style of grow are you going for..? Check me out, I got a 150w hps vert grow going as we speak.. Happy farmin..

Crake

Very nice and clean looking Crake. What you planning on running for the maiden voyage? Subscribed. :lurk: Good luck!

Crake,
Lookin good bro, im pullin up a chair for this cfl grow. What type of beans are you adding and what style of grow are you going for..?

Hey guys, thanks for the interest! Unfortunately I won't be documenting any growth--growing and smoking is illegal around here. I've got too much at stake to risk anything like that. :chin: I just wanted to share my design so that maybe others could glean something from it.

Check me out, I got a 150w hps vert grow going as we speak.. Happy farmin..

:wave: Great looking concept! Going to check it out.

Latest posts

Latest posts