What is the age of your plants? clones are vegging for 3 weeks
What PHASE are the plants in? vegetative
What Technique are you using? coco hand watering
What substrate/medium are you using? coco
What is the Nutrient temperature? around 18
What Nutrient's are you using? cana coco A+B and cannazym
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using?
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.8/5.9
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? yes i calibrate every 3 or 4 watering
When was your last watering? 2 days ago
When was your last feeding change? no
What size bulb are you using? 400w hps cooltubed
What is the distance to the canopy? 20cm/30cm
What is your RH Factor? from 40 to 70%
What is the canopy temperature? around 20°C
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 17°C night / 20/22°C day
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? yes
Is your water HARD or SOFT? dunno
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched? just bend them a little and cut some little stems
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? none
Are plant's infected with pest's? none

Hi all,
i need some help about my yellowing situation...
My nuts are new, my tent is not but i already use it in the past with no problem, i check the ph, i just give the nuts as usual... but...

Just look at the pictures...

It looks like missing lot of things or maybe burning by nuts or ph matter... i dunno what to do, flush my coco ? give more nuts ? give less ?...

The plants are growing but leafs are getting slowly but surely very pale, then yellow between veins then full yellow, then little brown then drying... it's not happening from one day to another, it started just when i put the clones into the coco then into the tent under the 400w light, at first i think they just need some days for transplanting stress, nuts, and so on... then i think they are all going to die... but not.. so

How can i make them recover ?

dscn0107r.jpg

dscn0108aq.jpg

dscn0109j.jpg

dscn0110x.jpg

dscn0113x.jpg

prowler

Coco manufacturer, explanation of your exhaust/intake/air movement and nutrient dosages might help folks to figure out your problems.

One thing that comes to my mind is this part: What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 17°C night / 20/22°C day

over 18 @ night and over 24 @ day should help you a little.

ridoo

Hi prowler,
thanks to help

coco manufacturer : don't know, it's a coco brick i had at home, same as used in my past crop and it was fine with it

my light bulb is cooltubed and there is a strong 250m³ exhaust fan "plugged" to the tube

the intake is assured by a strong fan which makes move plants as well, the air intake comes directly from outside

nuts are canna coco A+B and i use the dosage written on the bottle : 4ml /L

my plants are in airpot and i water them every 2 or 3 days, they are 4 plants and i use 4L of solution to water them (around 1L each)

ridoo

Hi all,
any idea before the next watering ??

i really dont know what to do and i fear it's going worst... id like to mahe them recover before switch to flowering...

Thanks

nut

can you take a full photo of the plant?

1st things 1st get your light up much higher having it to low while the plant is sick is only going to make it worse.

T

Tr33

that's a pH issue, is your meter working?
what type meter r u using, that cheap red one?
they are worthless and need to be adjusted every use with the yellow tool.
it only takes 2 days for hydro pH issues to show up,
so if you are adjusting every 4 days you have serious issues.

How far is the pH drift, when adjusting your pen to normal?
how old is your pH adjust solution?

your pen may be calibrated wrong due to old solution,
even though the adjust solution never gows bad, it could.

That is not a Ca/Mg issue.
This is not a temp issue
This is pH.

The give away is the spotting in the yellowing of the leaf.
and the yellowing of the margins of the leaves.

It's to late to flush.
Flushing will cause worse problems.

Did you rinse your coco b4 using it?
the salt in it may be causing the pH problems.

Just keep watering with pH 6.4 water, that's all you can do
once you have a pH issue.

ridoo

Hi Tr33,
thanks for the tips

yes, you'r right, the phmeter is the cheap one, because my old grezinger died just before i get my clones... i already order for a new probe and waiting for it hopefully soon

i get the calibrating solution in same time of the clones, so it's new, but the cheap phmeter is old and... cheap, so...

thanks a lot for your help, i'm going to work in the way of ph adjusting as well as possible while waiting for the probe for my grezinger phmeter, then calibrating again and trying to do best as possible

i'll keep community informed about how's going for the girls... kali mist is a strong strain, i guess it will go better :)

see you later
rdx

ridoo

can you take a full photo of the plant?

1st things 1st get your light up much higher having it to low while the plant is sick is only going to make it worse.

Hi Nut,
thanks for the help

i'll send a full photo later, then maybe it give more information about what's wrong

maybe it help other grower with same problem to...

thanks all
k+ (i know there is lot of OGwers in this place :) )

I've gotten the same thing, I agree it's definitely a PH issue. Once I potted up and wetted the coco with 8ph tap water, then fed with 6ph food, plants did the same thing.

They recovered fine, but the yellow leaves remained to remind me of my screw-up.

Plants grow great in coco in a pretty wide ph range, I Always ph'd my water and feedings to 5.8-6, but I stopped adding ph down, now the ph is 6.2-6.5 and I can't see any difference over the last few runs.

It's when you shock the plants with a drastically different ph that this happens. Consistency is crucial.

prowler

It's to late to flush.
Flushing will cause worse problems.

This is not true when you are hand watering. Actually it is the easiest way of getting rid of problems involving nutrient overdose/ deficiency or pH when hand watering coco. Pouring enough nutrient water through the medium gives you a fresh start. After that just keep checking that fresh tops are lush and green. If not it most definitely isn't your medium which is causing it.

Some bricks are bad. They need more flushing. Always use quality coco bricks. They don't need any preparation. A tons of bricks do. Do an advanced search from coco forums if you are not sure which brand to use.

ridoo

Hi all,
thanks again for all those tips
especially about the "coco forums" which i even don't see on front page... needed to wear my glasses to see "Growing in Coco Coir" :)

having some troubles with my bank for doin the switch and get my new probe for my old grezinger... i go yesterday in a local growshop and get a new digit phmeter Adawa eco209 with 2 calibration point, 4 and 7... i guess with that i'm quite about getting the right ph level..

so next watering should be good
i still hesitate about flushing or not, i'll see that in the next days, maybe on 1 or 2 plants and see if there is any differences in reactions

i'll keep you informed about how it's goin for the girls here :)

thanks a lot
rdx'

ridoo

Hi all
02/02 i do water at ph 5.8
03/02 i put a small extractor 12V Noctua very silently, i will exhaust air out the tent 24/24h
the temp gets cold outside maybe they are cold at night
is it easy to build a non-return valve at the intake conduct...
i'll wait maybe another watering at 5.8
then trying to flush then feeding again slowly
can i flush with hydrogen peroxide i have a 35% one, or just cananzyme at good ph ? 3L each ?
they are airpot there is i guess no risk to do that at this point, the medium will dry in about 2 day or 3 while back in the tent so...
my nuts are new, the roots are white clean
sometimes the humidifier run out of water and it's getting quickly very dry inside, around 30% or less, with humidifier it going up to 70% slowly

05/02 i water again at good ph, plants are still doin the same yellowing stuff...
the don't seems to recover even if they grow new leafs, this new ones are quickly yellowing... :(

we are on 09/02
i do have to water tomorrow again, the ph will be good again
do you think i still have a hope to see them recover ?

some pictures :

dscn0347ih.jpg

dscn0401n.jpg

dscn0409v.jpg

thanks all for any idea or questions or answers

whodair

Veteran
great strain !!

great strain !!

im sorry you're struggling with the kali, i found her to be my most finicky girl, she gave me fits and threw all of her leaves off, but i was feeding her like an indica and shes lite snacker and likes it kinda dry too...

heres my kali-g hybrid, quite yellow of course !!

picture.php

all the best to you !!

im having the same problem you got brown and yellowing leaves. i orderd some H&G drip clean last week and that shit cant get here fast eoungh it seems like every 2 days a fan leaf drops. im growing in botanicare coco 5kg brick bails

ridoo

Hi all,
as i really don't know what to do i flush one of the four plants
i flush it with 4Liters of water ph'd at 5.8 and 20ml of cannazym, i make it with a smaller bottle and let it go thought the airpot one liter by one liter, not to quick and not to slowly...

i just do it on one of them, then i see if she looks better in the next days

i have to turn in flowering very soon because kali mist take many days to flower...

i'll keep you informed about the result.. bad or good :-/

ridoo

Hi Rouge,

but my clones comes from a very safe place, and i've been back here and mother plants have no problems

i check my roots and they look clean, white, and all...

however i will search more about your tips, thanks a lot

ridoo

I check the link, but there is nothing like insect or eggs on my plants, nothing flying around or running into my medium, i check at the roots and they look clean, i got a small microscope 60x / 100x and checked around the container, the leafs the roots and nothing looks like these (terrific) root borg...

Latest posts

Latest posts