What's new

St Jimi *Multi-Strain Grow Show*

stj2006

Hey peeps thought I'd let you in for a sneek peak of my new setup. I'm not a new grower per se, but it's my first time with a proper setup. Before they have all been ghetto setups!!
So here's the skinny

Strains
9x Nirvana - White Rhino (female)
1x DNA - Sour Kush (bubba kush x sour diesel)
1x Magus Genetics - Warlock
1x Paradise Seeds - Sensi Star
1x Paradise Seeds - Wappa

The WR are in 2litre pots in cheap soil
The rest are in 6.5l pots in plagron seedling mix

Currently under a 125w Red Enviro, with a 250w HPS to go in next week with a 4" carbon filter all nestled in a DRS60 tent.

picture.php

Update 1
Ok so it's 6 days since the photo above was taken, So I thought I would update today as I may be a little busy tomorow.

I'm pleased with the growth so far, I put the 250w HPS in yesterday so it's been on around 24hrs, I do have a mh bulb to put in if i want to, not sure wether to bother or not as I only plan on vegging for another 2 weeks tops.

Also the 4" Systemair RVK A1 fan went in yesterday with a matching Horti filter. I'm so pleased with the setup so far, I've never had a setup like this before as Ive said. I have grown in wardrobes and cubby holes with 250 hps but I ve never had the luxry of having stable temps, filtration, good soil, decent pots, and a decent space to grow in.

The tent I have is a DRS60 bought of ebay, I believe it's a fake I have had to do a fair bit extra proofing, either that or the DarkRoom Streets are really bad quality anyway. Oh and it's a Rev 1.

I have just give them a light feed, with a dose of Rhizotonic, Organic seaweed extract, and a teeny tiny dash of Terra Vega (I do mean around 1/2ml in 2l of water). The plants were pretty water logged as I had to give them a good dose of Gnat Off to get rid of the black fly that came with the cheap soil the Rhinos are planted in. But that had started to slowly dry of so I gave another watering and that will probably be it for nearly a week, unless the HPS tarts to dry things up a bit quicker.

Anyway time for the photo, Till Next Week
Chong On

St Jimi

picture.php

picture.php

****** Edit This is post is Two updates edited into one post, The second post was from today . I have decided to only post in the good old UK section*********

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Nice. Good luck...

I remember when my carbon filter cover was all pristine white and clean like that....it's a really shitty brown colour now lol

Mr.Gr33n

you have said "Veg" but your using a "125w Red Enviro" those are used for flowering
SInce there is very little blue spectrum/Veg light available.

Try and get that hps on em, since ther are more mixed red/blue than the enviro lites my friend

Hope ya get some decent buds on ya babies!

stj2006

Dude have another read ya stoner :joint: . I put the 250W HPS in on monday then swapped to the MH yesterday. The Red Enviro was what they started life under, before I even had the tent.

Regards
St Jimi

Mr.Gr33n

cant blame me for that, i blame the widow, lol
i seen pic no.1, and noticed the stretch in em,

but now ya got em under a good light, they soon go ape with growth
hope ya get some real stinky nugs my friend.

stj2006

Cheers Mr Green, I've always suffered with early stretch, trying to find that balance between the hight of the light and not burning the babies. Ive never really worried about early stretch its no real big concern for me. Can't wait to really run this setup a few times and get the technique dialled in.

Still i'm confident that this grow will be one of my best, my last proper grow I got just under 5oz from a 250w with 2 Rhino Cuttings I had made. So all things being fair I should smash it. And it was a shared grow... this is all mine ;D

St Jimi

stj2006

Quick update for ya'll.
I have started flowering, last darkness was the first dose of 12/12.
Also I have popped another 4 rhino beans as I was interested in seeing how well they do going 12/12 from seed.

I would have loved to veg out the 6.5lt girlies a little bit longer, the rhinos are leaping forward and i don't have the space to pot them up as they will be root bound shortly. So hence the decision to flower.

Here's the latest photo. Hope you enjoy, as I know I am!

:thank you:

St Jimi

picture.php

stj2006

Also suffering from a fair amount of negative pressure, the tent sucks in real tight, I can't leave the flap open because I use the room the tent is in so that would be a major light leak. At the moment the smell isn't bad at all so I can leave the fan and filter of in the dark for now.

Anybody seen anything that is light proof but lets air pass through it that I can use on the intake sock of the tent????

Ta very muchos

St Jimi

stj2006

Thanks for the link rocket high, I remember seeing this thread a while back. It's sort of what I need but I would prefer something that will fit inside the intake of the tent. So it would need to be round. I may have to go for a active intake to sort out the negative pressure. Which will take up space on the floor, unless i ran it on the outside of the tent. Dunno what to do.

Anyway now day 5 of flowering and I have decided there is not enough room for the 4 newly cracked seeds, so I have taken the out of the room.

I have also noticed a slight nitrogen defiency so I have give the rhinos there first full strength feed of Terra Vega. Also pinched out a few of the largers fan leaves to open up the light to the lower colas.

I'm gonna leave the 6.5ltrs to dry out before I next water them. I think I may have been a bit heavy with the water, Although the plants are not showing signs of water logging, the rhinos seemed to take of once I let the soil dry out before watering again. So I am using the lift method to gauge the amount of water and they have never been light.

Thanks for stopping by everyone :wave:

Regards
St Jimi

Day 5 Flower
picture.php

stj2006

Yeah sorry Blimey, probably should give you the low down on what's what now.
Top Left - Sour Kush
Top Right - Wappa (Slow Coach)
Bottom Left - Warlock
Bottom Right - Sensi Star

Anybody Got any Ideas what maybe the problem with this plant? (I know it's minor but I'd like to be able to correct it) This is on the warlock.

****EDIT**** I feel the picture below may have been a chlorine problem, I don't leave the water to evaporate **** Edit****

picture.php

St Jimi