What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

a early flower strain outdoor

Hi everybody ! Can someone please help me out and give me some suggestions of an early outdoor strain that is not a small yielding autoflower ? I need something that can flower with only 5-8 hour of darkness. I live approx. 250 km north of Stockholm, Sweden. And normal strains(12/12)doesent work up here because when they start to flower it is very cold up here, so they wont finish. PLEASE HELP ME :thank you:

Hi again ! It seems that nobody could help me with this issue ? I have a couple of strains i think could work up here but i want some more suggestions from you people out there ! SO PLEASE C`MON AND HELP ME OUT ! ! ! There is many people here that i think could help me so PLEASE get up from your sofa and put out your spliff and draw me some lines about this. . .

krk

Guerilla gold #3 or GG#3 as its called sometimes.. I think its sold at seedbay sometimes. or you will need to pick an auto. your looking for light sensitive genes. or a cross between an auto and a regular strain.

Thank you very much krk ! I havent heard about the Guerilla gold only Guerillas gusto so i will check it out. I try to avoid autofl. because they yield so little and the previous summer(2010) all my autos failed. It was Nirvana´s autos who didnt flower so i ended up with very much leafs(not so funny to smoke) But in Nirvana´s honour they compensated me with Blue Mystic(fem) seeds and flowertabs so i had no hard feelinga against them because of this failure with their auto´s. And i have only positive things to say about them and i am sure that when Nirvana´s autoflower will be back in stock so will they work. At least i´m gonna try theirs Jock Horror AF, and that is the only auto i will grow this summer(2011). And once again i am very thankful for tips on strains that will flower with only 6-10 hours of darkness. So if there are any Canadians or Norwegians or people from the very north regions feel free to tell me about the strains you grow up there that works for you. Peace every greenhead

krk

Also take a read in the canadian section... and this post should of been in the outdoor section...

Look into "Iranian Autoflower". It's not quite a full auto, since you can keep a mother for a while and clone her under 24 hours of light. It starts to flower pretty much as soon as the vegging plant is put outdoors (vegging plants need to stay on 24 hours light). So you can grow out a mother, take a hundred clones off her, veg them for a few weeks, and then put out an outdoor sea of green.

There is no reason to say "I don't want to work with autoflowers" outdoors, unless you are very constrained by plant numbers due to legal issues.

If you can get a hold of the Guerilla Gold snag them up it is in my opinion one of the best strains for breeding one could ever ask for. Mold resistant, bug resistant, drought resistant, resistant to overwatering, and the list goes on. There are multiple varieties(ie. G.G. #3, G.G. #5) with a pretty big range of highs, growth characteristics, finishing times, etc. Many if not all phenotypes are true autoflower however i have heard some claim to have phenotypes that are just extremley photo sensitive. The plants can get huge i'm talking 8+ ft. and yield can compete with many hybrids sold by other companies. Oh almost forgot to mention the high is out of this world on many of the phenotypes.

Another largely overlooked outdoor variety is Biddy Early. Great all around outdoor strain. One of the few main stream strains bred exclusively with outdoor production in mind. It can get very large outdoors i have had plants finish at over 9ft and yield just shy of a lb and thats in a spot with only 6 hours of direct sunlight. Plants tend to finish all sorts of fun colors from dark purple, to red, to pink, to lime green. And while it's flowering time doesn't look extremley short it will start flowering weeks if not months before most strains. I have found mainly photo sensitive phenotypes however the breeder warns that some phenotypes can be impossible to keep mothers of do to their autoflowering tendencies. And once again an amazing high.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Totally agree with the Biddy Early suggestion. I've grown her before with good success, and am running her this year as well. She has phenos that are done 2-3 weeks into Sept.
The femmed version, I hear, is 2 weeks later.

E

emerald city

M.O.B....- Outdoors in Maine she is done first week in sept..Indoors she is done in 6 weeks.Good luck with your quest.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
There is a lot of ligh sensitive (semi-autoflowering) strains, check out Esbe and canadians strains or even some Female Seeds gear (Easy Sativa, Purple Maroc, etc).
Also dont ditch the autoflowers because there is some new stuff that can yield pretty well (Mi5, Onyx, Sour60, ...).
Check out the AF forum for reputable breeders (Nirvana screwed the whole Af line, lots of complaints so avoid it).

Peace

=K

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

smoke a lot seeds on the seed boutique are stocked with guerillas gold#3 finnish by end of August to the 10th september.

Thanks alot everybody ! I´ve already ordered Maroc, Purple Maroc from Female seeds so i have high hopes for them. Does anybody have any experience of these strains ? Like if they could handle a little frost ? We have that where i live(250 km north of Stockholm) like 1-3 times in September and 1-2 times in the first half of October, sometimes heavy and sometimes less heavy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to add that i used to live much more to the south(close to denmark) and when i did that i had no problems at all to grow weed but now when i am so much more to the north(lat N 60 long E 15) its so much harder to find strains that mature early so they can finish in time before freezing temperatures arrive. But it is not so much rain here and that could be positive so i dont get mould but some years it rains very much so if the strains you suggest have mould resistance so is that very good. And if you also know any COLD resistant strain so let me know. . . . . .

Hi again and thanx for the interest in my selection of outdoor strains for Scandinavia(Sweden). The White domina seems to be very interesting but is it the auto or regular you used Highlight ? And to the Biddy early, how early is she because after the first half of October here or the end of September it could get very frosty sometimes so the strain that i need should be frost tolerant of at least 2-5 degrees Celcius. So how early is Biddy let me know and does anyone has any experience of ATA Tundra or Kannabia Special ?

FireFly22

The Biddy's can all come down in September at 46, some pheno would like to go till Oct 6th but never any later. This is my experience with the "Regular" seeds of Biddy Early! This shit is strong, if you let it go all the way, harvest a little early and it more heady! I will also state once again that the hash made from Biddy is top quality and the recovery is very of hash is very high! Seems harder to get the regular seeds these days tho. Good luck

Hi everyone ! I´ve have been reading a very interesting thread of a guy named "Gunnarguchi" of early Danish strains so i am about to order some Danish strains now and i am very satisfied of what i read about that. So everything is gonna be alright now. But if you still have some suggestions of early strains so let me know. Peace everybody and thanx. . . . .

Goyakla

I agree.. go to HFH or Zenseeds.com... they GOT what you want.. DEFENTLY !!!

I have tried A. Tundra... and its excellent out or inside... KNOCK OUT STONE,, espcially the MTF pheno.. but its strong as h... anyway. Or look at Bluehemp... got some kick ass strains for outdoor.. like A. wonder, Dark Kush, Chilla.. and red Lebanes....

Latest posts

Latest posts