Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Trainwreck genetics?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Midweek Song - Buy Cannabis Genetics
Trainwreck genetics? Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006, 06:35 AM #1
GanjaJedi

GanjaJedi is on a distinguished road
Trainwreck genetics?

Does anyone know the genetics of the wreck and maybe a little history lesson as well if possible.
GanjaJedi is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2006, 06:54 AM #2
DrLongbottom
Banned

DrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of lightDrLongbottom is a glorious beacon of light
Hi , GanjaJedi, if memory serves me correct you would be looking at a sensi star breeding project of incross and then selected phenos backcrossed with the original mom. Then they grew out a large tester crop. The plant that sat in row E slot 32 is now known as the Arcada Trainwreck. My brain is a bit resiny so if I blundered here I'm sure someone will jump in. Peace D.L.
DrLongbottom is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2006, 07:38 AM #3
growmatic
one-man army

growmatic is on a distinguished road
Sounds right so far. But wasn't it an afgani crossed with a landrace thai plant? I think it was the freak pheno of the bunch, given its growth structure--but unbelievable sativa strength.
growmatic is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2006, 10:24 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaJedi
Does anyone know the genetics of the wreck and maybe a little history lesson as well if possible.
research copper canyon (a mexi sativa)for your ibl type wrecks

fwiw

Old 01-30-2006, 01:16 PM #5

Yeah well i figure there's a thoushand stories about TW lineage and the fact is that no-one can prove that their story is the right one, even if some peeps would back up their word..

I mean, how could they? What defines the "REAL STORY"?

Old 01-30-2006, 01:31 PM #6
Wrecked

Wrecked has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLongbottom
Hi , GanjaJedi, if memory serves me correct you would be looking at a sensi star breeding project of incross and then selected phenos backcrossed with the original mom. Then they grew out a large tester crop. The plant that sat in row E slot 32 is now known as the Arcada Trainwreck. My brain is a bit resiny so if I blundered here I'm sure someone will jump in. Peace D.L.

I have never heard of trainwreck being a sensi star hybrid before. Sensi star is a indica plant and indica high trainwreck is the exact opposite type of plant and high so i doubt there was ever sensi star in the makeup...
I am more along the lines of...
A brain thumping, Sativa, soaring high. Comes on strong as a freight train, finishes in the typical ultra-heady Sativa manner! Very medicinal. People become hooked on it like a hard drug. Old school California taste. Dense rock hard nuggets. Next to no leaf .Light green with small calyxes. Thin stem, small buds. Legend has it it was started in the early 80’s by a couple of brothers in San Diego. Mexican X Columbian, with a hint of Afghani.
PeAcE
Wrecked is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2006, 02:09 PM #7

The arcada cut of train wreck gets it name because it was grown, for the first time, on a hillside, that just so happened to have a train wreck happen in the same area that summer, so the guys pulled it early, at around 50-55 days, because they didnt want the grow to be found by the crews doing clean up on the wreck. But what they found out was that the shit was finished, which really shock these guys since it was supposed to be a sat Dom plant. This is the story that I have been told more then once from some very close people to me, that have lived in the Arcada, Ca. area since the 60's, so this is the story that I tend to believe. Now the story about it taking 9 months to mature from seed is total BS and I've also been told that the story about it starting in SD is also BS, the OG train wreck cut came from Arcada all the rest are crosses made from it, or just BS claims. Thats just the info I have gotten form the area.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:43 PM #8
GanjaJedi

Yea I live in arcata and I've heard that trainwreck story but I also heard it was started by a ranger high up in the redwood treetops, as there is like a sub tropical climate up near the tops, but that story came from the guy whom "invented" the strain, but now he's building houses in marin there is just no justice now is there.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:45 PM #9
GanjaJedi

ARCATA booyakisha!

Old 01-30-2006, 09:14 PM #10

Trainwreck

A brain thumping, Sativa, soaring high. Comes on strong as a freight train, finishes in the typical ultra-heady Sativa manner! Very medicinal. People become hooked on it like a hard drug. Old school California taste. Dense rock hard nuggets. Next to no leaf .Light green with small calyxes. Thin stem, small buds. Legend has it it was started in the early 80’s by a couple of brothers in San Diego. Mexican X Columbian, with a hint of Afghani.

After 10 or 12 years, somehow a clone was let out, and the madness has started. It has thrived and been mastered in Humboldt County for 12-14 years.

This is unbelievable pot. (90% Sativa / 10% Indica)

I have a bunch more stuff on my other computer I can put up later. I have Berseker's take on it as well as DR.Jay's(RIP)

Tex