What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

a self pollinated F1, what might pop out?

igrowone

Veteran
how long is the flower time for this variety? did you already say that? lol ~i think you have the same camera i do

look'n quite feminine so far though eh?

looking very much like a lady, promising but not breathing easy until the cut
the seeds came from a brainwreck that matured at 10 weeks or so
the offspring seem similar, though i did get 1 that looked finished at 8 weeks
that was hideously strong in a bad way, don't like to think of it
cheapo vupoint camera, i do have a better one i have to figure out(eventually)

blastfrompast

Veteran
So what about a natural non stressed hermi that polinates a female of unknown stability..but no hermi flowers seen on the female

I have a ziplock of these seeds...all plants were super fruity...hermi was pulled at 4weeks flower and disposed of..

What would be your prediction......semi-feminized with the chance of being a hermi...full blown hermi on everyone like the shemale parent.....?

I have been handing them out as freebies to friends who want to plant a few beans...

igrowone

Veteran
So what about a natural non stressed hermi that polinates a female of unknown stability..but no hermi flowers seen on the female

I have a ziplock of these seeds...all plants were super fruity...hermi was pulled at 4weeks flower and disposed of..

What would be your prediction......semi-feminized with the chance of being a hermi...full blown hermi on everyone like the shemale parent.....?

I have been handing them out as freebies to friends who want to plant a few beans...

so far, what i see is a 50% chance of a good female
i don't think your chances will be any worse, may be better, but it's a definite crap shoot
if you're a grower that doesn't mind checking things very closey, they are worth a shot
no worse than reg seeds provided you were planning on tossing the males

igrowone

Veteran
5 weeks already? looking and pondering the progress
seems like maturity is slowing a little
could be lower temps, grow space is in under heated area

Attachments

• flower36.jpg
    flower36.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 31
S

SooperSmurph

I self pollinated an F1 (Dr Atomic's NL x BB), picked the best of the best from that group, pollinated the original from that generation, the result was my SmurphBerry Jam.

Grows and smells a lot like "Blue Dream", but with a much more subtle bouquet as it cures, yields are heavy and potency is quite high.

This winning cut was generated from 15 popped seeds of the S2 generation, started by another grower in prep for my takeover of "The Studio" last year.

Your mileage may vary.

igrowone

Veteran
^^^ glad to have some more company, thanks for peeking in
i did have a grower who posted on this topic(somewhere) who mentioned that selfing was an excellent way to introspect the genetics of a plant
the parent brainwreck had vegetation that smelled like garbage, but bud that had a perfume kind of smell
this plant's vegetation has little if any smell, but i just got a whiff of the perfume today after a bud rubbing, it's that same perfume smell!
so distinctive a odor, looks like i may have isolated a trait that could be worth keeping

igrowone

Veteran
6 weeks and the genetic picture is clearer
no hermie trait and an odor that was in the parent, very perfume like
more sativa in the bud shape, getting some spears, bud leaf also more on the sativa side
i'd say 4 more weeks, and production may be better than the others i'd had

Attachments

• flower43.jpg
    flower43.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 37

igrowone

Veteran
7 weeks, no roosters, and a lot of green
usually see some loss of color in the fans by this time
so i think weeks yet
and smells a bit like spearmint, sweet odor, but only when touched

Attachments

• flower50.jpg
    flower50.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 29

hansNfrans

Nice Study!! i had a few beans from a hermied chemdog dclonexsd ibl. wanted to grow them out but didnt know if it was worth it. Def. going to be watching to see how yours turns out!

igrowone

Veteran
^^^ good luck with those, from the sound of the genetics i'd think your chances of a nice pheno are good
when i read about these type of seeds, it fell into 2 groups
1 group had actually tried some grows of this seed type, results sounded as least as good as other seed grows
the other group are those that have not grown these type of seeds because they think they are worthless, but comment as if they had grown them

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
Anyone know why words like selection and dominant are automatically italicized on this forum? I'd like to use words like these but dont want to look like an italicizing douche.

igrowone

Veteran
these words seemed to be linked to a glossary, had noticed it before but never bothered to click a link

igrowone

Veteran
was looking over the girl up close, just making sure that all was well
couple of interesting things, 1 being the side buds look pretty good, maybe better than average
actually noticed that a good sized branch/bud has formed at the junction of the first true leaves
i don't believe i've had that before
but the kicker was some tiny buds forming at the coytledon leaf junction!
now that i've never seen before

igrowone

Veteran
8 weeks, definitely a different result from what i am used to
not a trace of color loss in the fans
and the color in the pic is quite close, dark green to an almost black tint
no way is this being cut soon, 2 weeks at least i think
sativa influences? the buds are more spear than club

Attachments

• flower57.jpg
    flower57.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 35

igrowone

Veteran
9 weeks, time for a closer look since it doesn't look ripe
and the close look showed a few banana's! shock and horror - thought i was home free
however, just a few at the tips of a few buds
not like the parent which grew 'em at nearly every branch junction
i have read some strains throw a few nanners at the end, but don't do much damage
i see no damage, harvest will reveal all

Attachments

• flower64.jpg
    flower64.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 34

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those bananas can go either way too ~sometimes they are sterile but; even if a little pollen drops, you should be close enough now it wont make much difference right? what w/ a week or so to go

igrowone

Veteran
those bananas can go either way too ~sometimes they are sterile but; even if a little pollen drops, you should be close enough now it wont make much difference right? what w/ a week or so to go

true, it's probably not going to be too big a deal, but we all like our pristine, seedless buds

igrowone

Veteran
10 weeks, maturity is setting in properly
fan leaves losing pigment, side buds are filling in
this will be a decent yielder, the 1st good yielder of these S1 seeds
the trichomes are still clear though, even up high
so another week i says, hoping that's all that's needed

Attachments

• flower71.jpg
    flower71.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts