What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 2011 outdoor season is now declared open.

B

BOSCO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DId-rwTvbgc&feature=related

Ladies and gentlemen the Irish outdoor cannabis growing season is officially declared open :jump:

First out of the gates is Arne's hash plant followed closely by Royal Dane with Biddy Early bringing up the rear coming into the turn in this novice handicap stakes.

Right well the first of my 2011 strains hit the dirt today, my soil is prepared and rainwater butts and irrigation lines installed now all I need is for May to hurry up.

Same as last year I'm starting off indoors and then moving outside when the plants are sexed and the days are long enough, by then my heated greenhouse will be finished and the cold weather will be a meer after thought.

Happy 2011 I hope to see many more of my Irish brothers growing outdoors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyJBNZ4i4Yc&feature=related

Looking forward to following along, not 100% on what my own plans are at the moment, will update as i decide he he.

4 months veg indoor before u put em out bosco ?
Do u send out clones or are u looking for monsters :D

How bigs the greenhouse, plans sound solid looking forward to updates :)

B

BOSCO

Looking forward to following along, not 100% on what my own plans are at the moment, will update as i decide he he.

4 months veg indoor before u put em out bosco ?
Do u send out clones or are u looking for monsters :D

How bigs the greenhouse, plans sound solid looking forward to updates :)

Well hopefully you'll get a stab at outdoors this year Grimm, if you need any help with things let me know.

Bit of both on the clones n monsters, large plants in the garden n small clones off site.
GH will be 10x12x7.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I dropped, 15 of esbe's hashplant for this year's outdoor. I got around 3000 F2's from cross pollination. This should be fun :D

hmm thought i'd responded to yer post ages ago bosco m8, nice greenhouse, what else do you grow inside of it ? or is she dedicated to cannabeauties :blowbubbles:

Heh if ya want to rent me out a patch of that greenhouse that'll be more than enough help m8 :dance013: (joke :) ), dont want to divulge too much obviously, but area's for growth are my concern :(

3000 f2's :jump: dam nice hgo, what ya been cross pollinating ?

B

BOSCO

hmm thought i'd responded to yer post ages ago bosco m8, nice greenhouse, what else do you grow inside of it ? or is she dedicated to cannabeauties :blowbubbles:

I start all the veg and flowers in there Grim, by May the whole floor and every surface will be covered in 100's of little pots of gherkins, toms, chilli, pepper, salad crops and god knows what else.

The place is great for starting off seedlings but it's not situated in full sun for most of the day and temps hit the high 40's on a good summers day so a new one is under construction in a better spot, the new one will be dedicated to toms and cannabis.

A couple of pics to share while we are waiting for mother nature to get her ass in gear and change the season.

DSC04924.jpg

^ Amnesia Haze on the left and Biddy Early on the right, both will be finished by late March and then they go back under cfl 24/0 to reveg until June.

DSC04941.jpg

^ The Biddy is shaping up nicely so she will go straight into the ground but the Haze with her 11 week flowering period will stay in pots and finish either in a tent or GH depending on how she does first time around.

HGO brother, what did you cross the Arne's with?
That strain and it's crosses is of particular interest to me so maybe you can keep us updated on how things go.

The first of this years seeds have hit the dirt, a few Arne's hash plant and a few Arne's x Sour Queen x White Russian, with a good long veg time under lights I'll expect them to begin to flower in early to mid July same as last year.

Stay safe all :wave:

burning_red

eyes that shine...
ICMag Donor
damn---I need a greenhouse so bad--the wind where I am is lethal

gonna start looking for a sheltered sunny spot ,the bug is biting me again

looking forward to following any Irish folks growing outdoors.

MJBadger

Veteran
The Biddy is shaping up nicely

If i had any buds like that now the missus would be offering all kinds of nice favors .
Looks like a nice season coming up so give all your plants some love & batter the slugs .

Stay safe & scratch the balls .

mosstrooper

Good luck to you all, ill be following your 20011 season to see if i can learn anything that will help me overcome wind rain and sour soils.:)

B

BOSCO

Right well the first few have poked their heads up in the greenhouse

DSC04980.jpg

Hash Plant and Hash Plant 2, 100% germination despite the cold conditions, will be interesting to see how they get on under natural light this early in the season.

B

BOSCO

Excellent BOSCO! Were certainly getting the right weather!

HGO

That we are bro.

Seen the first frogs and butterflies of the year a few days ago, omens of a good warm spring n summer I hope.

Are you heading outside yourself this year?

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
checking in, your out damn early bos bro! cheers and thx for trying my stuff, hope you will like it as i do. also thanks HGO! i will be with you all the way

B

BOSCO

checking in, your out damn early bos bro! cheers and thx for trying my stuff, hope you will like it as i do.

Ah I want to try and pin down the earliest possible start date, bro.
Evenings over here are stretching, were just over 12 hours daylight and growing longer each week.
Fingers crossed 1 or 2 females wont go into flower but it will be touch and go I think.

B

BOSCO

:wave: Moss,
Always good to see some of our Scottish brothers down here in the Paddy forums.

Sounds like you got that spring fever too.

How good are those daylight calculators when they are used to plant out by?
I've always used them as a rough guide to plant out but are they accurate enough to germ seeds by??

B

BOSCO

Seems to me they are mostly accurate but you can add 20-40 minutes on to the daylight hours.

Sunset a few days ago was @ 6.10pm but it was still bright enough out at 6.30pm to keep a plant in daylight mode so to speak.
Saying that I'd still go by those daylight calculators tho.

Anyone with seedlings or delicate plants in unheated greenhouses or in sheds under lights should be aware that we're forecast a cold snap around Paddy's Day.