What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000 Watt Ebb & Flow Stadium

Cutty

A little bit hydro, a little bit vert, a little bit coco. All ICMAG inspired.

This is what you get when you read the forums for a couple of years, and want everything you see.

3000 Watt Ebb and Flow Stadium

Light Rail 5

Built out of eight foot 1”x10”s and 1”x6” and sealed with swimming pool paint (safe for potable water).

Standard ebb & flow fittings

Action

Each level is plumbed individually (K.I.S.S.)
Blue lines are for the 1/3 HP chiller
Green line is for res dump

Reservoir's 4SD
Will be grown as staked single colas in custom smart pots

Done

Dude this is awsome. I've dreamed of doing excactly this to my stadium for quite a while. I was always to afraid of floods though. Didnt know if the seals would hold up over time with the pressure and weight of all the water. My hats of to you though for showing me it can be done. I'll be here eagerly awaiting the grow. K+

T

Tarus Bulbar

Hell of a sweet build bro!!
Cant wait til it kicks into flowering!!
Awesome job man!!
Cheers

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
WH

WH

WHAAAAAAT!!! that is fuckin awesome

i want one

looks complicated.. does the top trough drain into the bottom?

gmanwho

Veteran
sorry, my proxy doesnt allow me to edit my last post right now. but how many gallons does each trough hold? multiple pumps? hope the paint stands the test of time with bending boards an what not.

great idea man...

Bsafe

Cutty

Basics:

Each trough is plumbed independently for simplicity. I sketched up a few manifold ideas and looked at big pump options. However, when the rubber meets the road, there is no race to get these flooded. I have twelve hours to flood each one twice. I am using a combination of cheap, eco-plus 264’s and 396’s. There are only two 396’s and they are for the top. All fill with a standard ½” and drain through a ¾”. I bought a steamer today so I can form the lines along the supports so it is not such a spaghetti mess. Flooding a stocked level was accomplished in about ten minutes and was drained in about that again.

These are just a bunch of long, skinny ebb and flow tables, set up on shelves.

Bottoms are 1” x 10” pine, screwed and sealed to 1” x 6” sides. I am flooding to a depth of about 5”, so the rough volume is (L x W x H / 231) 8” x 5” x 94” / 231 = 16.27 gallons +/- weighing in at 135 pounds. That is also a total volume, meaning some of that volume will be displaced by the pots/roots so we can maybe knock a third off of that.

The paint is Insl-x Chlorinated rubber. Do not be put off by the chlorinated part. It is used in aquariums and water reservoirs in addition to swimming pools.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tagged

Tagged

Glad I'm up in here early. This is going to be good. Real good.
Looks very well thought out.

:tiphat:

MARLO

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
wow thats sweeeeeet, i might set up my next stadium run like this, i retract my earlier statement about being complicated

what are the dimensions of the stadium? 8ft long? width, outside and inside?
?
looks like the top shelves are almost 5ft high. how tall do you veg the ladies?

Marshall

The stadium does not look very stable. I think it needs more cross bracing. But you would know better since you are there.

Clear lines will get algae in them

I like it. I was thinking of doing a coliseum E&F style but couldnt figure out how to seal the trays. good idea

Good luck

D

DHF

Gotta say that this is by far the most ingenious hybrid setup I`ve ever seen , and I`ve seen em all..........

With all the research and clean assembly , I`m sure you know to wrap those feed and drainlines with reflectix to keep light away from em right ?......

I see yas got the stadium 1" higher on 1 end for drainage @ 1/8" per ft ......pretty slick.......Somebody a plumber over there ?.......LOL......

Now....is the reason yas got a chiller in the rez because of the 6 pumps ?.........I mean.......There`s absolutely no reason for rez temp control in an ebb and flow setup , much less runnin it with coco smartpots.......but....

I respect the overkill , believe me......What`s the plant count gonna be per level Cutty , cuz each container of fully soaked plant and coco`s gonna weigh "X' amount "plus' feed cycles , so yas might think about vertical bracing underneath each step of the racks for insurance........

I see yas got angle brackets underneath , but some extra 2 x 4`s ta make sure shit don`t go south real quick never hurt anything......

Not tryin ta tell yas what ta do , but better safe than sorry once they fill out Bro.......especially with 2 feed cycles per day.....

Add H&G Dripclean to your rez for residual salt buildup prevention in the coco containers above the flood line.....

Again....Major respect on the "DIY" hybrid......I`ll be settin on my bucket over here waitin on updates......

Peace....DHF......:ying:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Gotta say that this is by far the most ingenious hybrid setup I`ve ever seen

i know, right?

i swear i get more excited every time i see this, almost positive i'm gonna copy this setup for my 6k, just hope i am as handy as Cutty is with a hammer..

Latest posts

Latest posts