What's new

Mrktwiz's *new* 2K/stadium, CoCo SCROG grow log

mrktwiz

OK all here it is;

The room is about 8' x 10', I am only running 2 tiers one tier on floor, then the second on 5 gal buckets and 1x8 boards. I am growing in CoCo/perlite mix in 3 Gal Smart Pots. I have hung 4" plastic trellis ceiling to floor, have a 35 pint De-hewey and a Cana-Scrubber blowing through a 450cfm (might have to get a larger one soon) squirrel cage blowing out into crawlspace under house. Temps - between 76 - 80 degrees pretty constant, would like to drop that to 70-75 for more mite protection. Nutrients - BioBizz - Bio-Grow (veg), Thrive-Alive (green),Maxi-Crop (dry Seaweed mix), and for flower stage; Bio-Bizz Bio-Bloom and MOAB (Mother of all Blooms). Occasionally I will use some Vermicrop Vermi-Tea (Compost tea for microbial rich feeding) and some liquid Bat Guano. I am thinking of also running some molasses and heavy carbs toward the end (suggestions welcome). I am running a ghetto C02 system - the old 1 gal mixed with yeast and 1 cup suger with warm water, I checked the ppms and it works ok for me (shrug) that is the jug on the floor in the pic's, with a plastic line hooked to a fan to blow the C02 around the room a bit. Ok I'm cheap I admit it lol.

I also have a complete drip irrigation system which we are struggling with atm, we have the 40 gal? (or 25 gallon trash can) reservoir with a 450 gph pump. (Is this too big a pump for 33-35 3 gal Smart Pots?? ATM we are having a problem in that some of the emmiters flow MUCH more heavily than other so a few plants get totally soaked while the rest are comfortably watered?? We are working this out but if anyone has an idea of what we are doing wrong let me know, it's a pretty simply system 1/2" coming out of the pump into EQUAL length 1/4 watering lines and 80 litres per hour emmiter's (do I have the wrong size emmiter'). Oh well they DO water the plants and I am going to have to use them because this bitch is going to be a monster to water once the girls really start climbing and stretching a bit.

Ok here are some snaps;

1st is the overall room;

some shot of the Scrog trellis;

Carbon scrubber and reservoir (also you can see De-Hewy controller on wall)

Dehumidifier

Here is some Goo and Affy Goo pre-teens getting ready

Here is the 90 day F2 strain, I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out! I also have some Tang, Affy-Goo, The White and some #90 F1 as well, we will follow them all together!

My 4x4 veg tent possibly just gunna turn this into another Vertical room as well or pull it out altogether and make one huge ass Stadium room like 10' x 15" (or more not quite sure)

I will update about once a week until I hit the road. I may have to be gone for extended periods, but I run this thing with a very close friend and he can keep it running while I am gone.

dj digigrow

props.. nice show you got goin...
For the irrigation try making the lines a lil longer on the ones that are overwatering, or try getting a lower lph number on those (overwatering)emitters .
How long does the ghetto Co2 last?

mrktwiz

props.. nice show you got goin...
For the irrigation try making the lines a lil longer on the ones that are overwatering, or try getting a lower lph number on those (overwatering)emitters .
How long does the ghetto Co2 last?

Thank you so lengthening the lines will slow the drip speed? We are already looking at lower LPH emitters but thank you.

RE> How long does the ghetto Co2 last? I've been told they can go like 2 days but I change it out every day, in fact I am going to take it down to the room right now with new sugar & yeast + warm (not hot) water, the ambient temperature in the grow room keeps the water right temps as I can see the little C02 bubbles going up the side if I check it later.

Thanks for stopping by:wave:

mrktwiz

Will be posting some new pictures and still trying to work out the drip line issue, top shelf get's SOME water while the ones on the ground are almost flooded and going over their saucers(?) Grrrrr

Got a contractor here working on the roof (tree fell on it:frown:) no biggie but kinda sketched out with him hanging out but my room is solid behind two locked doors so no way he will see it.

Take care all be back in a bit with more pics ...the girls are looking GREAT especially the TANG!

mrktwiz

Update time

Update time

Ok the girls are looking a lot better (wish they would stretch a bit more) We are at the end of week one veg, think I'm gunna let them go maybe 2 more weeks in Veg (suggestions welcome).

Let go to the pics;

OK first a sample of the "Tang" they are all looking great;

This is the 90 day F2 strain, also looking very good;

And "The White" drool, this should be a frosty little treat;

And finally the classic "OG Kush" from a old strain local cut;

Ok here is my drip lines I have a board up 2 feet my main line runs right on the edge of it and the 1/4" line go up and down to the 3 gal SmartPots from their, we are having problems with some emitters letting a LOT more water to the pots than others, hope fully we will dial this in tomorrow.

and some top shots

shot of 1/4 line leading down to floor level plants these are the ones that are getting more water than the top level(?)

Here is another shot of my stadium, backed up as much as I could w/ lights off.

oh and my Goo baby vegging this is for the next run unless I turn the veg tent into another stadium :laughing:

Well I'll update in another week or so hopefully by then we will have the drip system dialed in.

Peace all!

mrktwiz

subscribed..

loving the setup dude!! plants look killer!

Thanks AW coming from you that's quite a compliment. I am nowhere near where you or Sergio are but I am trying to learn and increase my knowledge every day. I was just thinking how great it would be to have the room to do some breeding and strain development but I simply don't have the room.

Take care

mrktwiz

OK I think we got the drip system dialed in....woot. I've been reading about peeps "flippin" lights" does anyone have a thread link I can navigate too to read about this? I am very new to this idea of "flipping" lights? Does it save on power? That is a huge issue for me atm, next time I am going to do what Shcrews did and run more shelves and plants. I definitely have the height to do one or two more shelves and add more plants. I'm beginning to see that is a real key to higher yields, we are hoping for 3-4 on this run (shrug) but we will see. I also need to get to a single strain picked for consistency in canopy and coverage also.

Grow on my brothers and sistah's!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
looking good man, best way to save on power is get on the care program with pg&e

mrktwiz

looking good man, best way to save on power is get on the care program with pg&e

Yeah been their done that it was good, but my time ran out and I could not get the proper paperwork to them to qualify as I was going through a pretty bad time in my life...and only recently in the last 4 months been able to get back up and kinda join the living so to speak.

Thanks Shcrews your grow is so tight it squeeks!

Ya know I recently set up a drip system with a 296 gph only running 6 smart pots and I felt like the pump was kind of weak. I had initially assumed that this would be way too strong a pump and I could have problems, but I realized that 296 GPH isn't much pressure in even a short amount of line (3.5' up and 2' over). I would increase the pump size I think running 35 sites I would get a much bigger pump than what you have. I'm also running w/o drippers and have been using 3 x 1/4" barbed tees to make little dripper arrays... Basically each 1/4" line gets split into 4 little drip areas. Hopefully these have less of a chance getting clogged, they seem to do a good job of watering, I only let it run for 2 minutes.

J

Joe Budden

Really nice grow, I'm curious to see how this turns out with the combo of, smart pots, coco, and vertical.

Hi, organicsquirrel thats interesting about the pump, I was thinking that he needs a bigger pump.

Mrktwiz, how did you fix the irrigation problems?

Peace
JB

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I know Krunch used a Mondi pump i think for his vertical drip... 2000gph or something like that depending on height

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
I was looking at some stuff on youtube the other day about airlifting water...I thought it would be great for lifting water up several feet if it's just a drip or trickle is needed. All it takes it a cheapo airpump and the airline siphons little bits of water up at a time, rather then using a big beefy water pump.
search --> " Simple airlift process for Windowfarms pumps lots of water! "
I think in the video he has a co2 bottle hooked up as his air pressure to lift the water even...cool stuff.

hope this helps someone cuz I think it's a really clever way to lift water up several feet. :)

mrktwiz

gang I will update w/ new pics but been in hospital (long boring story) since last
Monday....updates soon just got home tonight.

Mrktwiz

mrktwiz

thanks gang....just got a bit too tired to get pics today. Still fighting an especially nasty chest influenza bug I caught....will try to post new pics, the room is ABSOLUTELY exploding though ;-)

Keep it green!

mrktwiz

UPDATE TIME! new pics....

UPDATE TIME! new pics....

:dance013:

OK all here is the latest update, 3rd week of veg just finished and I have to say I am HUGELY disappointed with the "stretch" I am getting into my trellis. If this is just useless worry someone please tell me and let me know they'll stretch another foot or more (?) when I flip? I just have never grown these strains before, the best strain stretch has been the TANG the Goo is doing absolutely nothing and is acting very RUNT like and I am not happy :1help:. The White is not stretching as much as I hoped but is certainly in 2nd place, my OG Kush is even very small little bush. I've pulled the lights up high to kinda "pull" them up more but (shrug)? Anyway onto the pics;

Overall Room

TANG Wall (doing well)

Other room shots;

another

and last shot (think that is OG Kush on bottom and the Goo on top damn runt!)

I will be flipping next weekend so more pics after the flip!

Grown on ALL and peace to all.....

mrktwiz

anyone have a suggestion for a larger air circulation fan, currently I am running a 450 cfm squirrel fan and I need to move more air, (room size 9 x 12.....I am unsure of what size I need for my room, so far the 450 cfm has been enough but I am experiencing a LOT more humidity with the stadium setup for some reason???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mrktwiz:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts