Hi I've got a few autos going so I figured I'd start a thread over here.
Let's see....I did a sour60 seed run a few months back. I tried to start about a dozen of my f2's and had terrible germination rates, only got 1/12 to sprout! I believe it was because they didn't quite get dried enough, they only dried with the buds, then were deseeded..sat out for a day, and then got bagged. I decided to let them dry out for another week or so, then they were packaged with some silica packs for a few days, then frozen over night. After that I got 9/10 to germ
Here's the 1/12 sour60 that made it (the others didn't even crack) sorry I don't have earlier pics.
She started out under a 23w cfl for about 2-3 weeks, and in about maybe 14oz of coco, so she could be alot bigger, but I'm still quite impressed at the vigor. These sour60 seem to explode
after about 4 1/2 weeks. After she was about 3 weeks old I moved her under a 400w cmh, she was stretching about an inch a day (seemed like she needed to get used to the light for a few days first though) She's gotten so much taller then my other veg plants that I've have to move her off to the side and the stretch seems to be reducing a little. She's in a `1.5 gallon "smartpot" in cocotek red brick with h3ad's 6/9. I actually use 6micro,9bloom,2calmag+, and a few drops of dripclean ph'd to 5.9. Watered with nutes to about 15% runoff everyday. I think
I sprouted this one on nov4th or so...I suck at labeling sometimes. Definitely between the 3rd-7th though
After freezing my f2's I gave them another go and got about 9/10 and popped the few f1's I had left too. due to a labeling error some of the f1's and f2's got mixed up.
after I weeded out the males, except the one biggest one in the back.
few days later after transplant...
...and from last nite. I had another pic of the lineup of 3 more but it disappeared
These are in ffof getting a little bit of growbig or pbp here and there.
I have a bunch of sour60 pollen backstocked, but I think I'll use pollen from the new batch for these ones. I plan on pollinating a small branch of each unless I see something spectacular around mating time. I really want to test the end product this time before I decide which seeds to make f3's from, because that will be a nice big
seed run, so I want to get it right.
Also with these 8 sour60 that I've popped I decided to mess around a little for my own curiosity. One of the sour 60 was placed under my 1k hps on 12/12 a few days after transplant, also one of the sour60 is in a airpot to test those out. One of the s60 was a runt too so I put her in a smartpot when I transplanted to try to get her to catch up to her sisters which are in plastic "rose pots".
OK! next up we have the sour60 x gdp sprouts.
and they allll look nice and healthy! The last 2 to pop are trucking right along too and don't looked stunted or runted at all
The gdp used in the cross is from a bagseed I grew out from what I think was ken's gdp, but I'll never know. The original buds from the bag were super dense coneshaped and smelled of fruitypebbles with a hint of grape. I grew out a few seeds I was lucky enough to find and I found this gem:
So that's what we're looking for in the cross. In the second pic you can see the curly hairs, this is the trait I'm gonna keep an eye out for. I think the curly hairs will be the trait to look for to get the super dense
buds that I get from my gdp. Towards the end the calayx structure looks almost like asparagus or something, as you can kinda see in the 3rd pic. Primarily I'm trying to cross for autoflower and bud structure, with secondary being smells and colors. That curly haired trait is very unique and easy to spot, and hopefully will help for a faster selection. I've popped these 16 and have 20 or so left and tons
of pollen to make more of these f1 seeds when I need them. I run quite a few strains from top breeders and this bagseed
is my favorite no offense to any breeders...I just got lucky.
questions and comments are very