What's new

US/Mexico Buds tour - Titoon strikes again

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hello friends !

Back from my trip in Nepal in september, I enjoyed the smoke of good indoor buds back home, as well as some nice outdoor buds and bubble hash from the season... :smokeit:
As well as a great ganja party with french growers, full of some of the best indoor you can find...thanks you again guys it was a blast ! :party:
After a month home, feeling a little bit bored, I decided for various reasons to take a trip to America :bump:
For my European friends, Australian mates and other friends from all over the world, I got to make sure that I'll drop my report of what i can encounter during this trip, especially to see what you american are up to ...
:greenstars:

So far, I've been visiting FL state, and did come across some very very nice buds and bubble hashs I must say.

My first buds there were some Grapefruit Diesel, from California, and some bubble hash that reminds me of some Appollo mist I smoked back in France ( brain remember this pheno :) red berries smooooothhhh smoke.
Potency was there, I reckon it was picked up a bit early and tend to be a little racy/paranoid. Very intense body stone, truly compromise your brain like a good sour diesel, but less trippy.Having a low tolerance didn't made me enjoy so much this plant, but she def had something very special, and one hell of an intense smell/taste. Truly a mix of the Grapefruit from FMS that I grew, and a good Diesel kushy like the riri.

Grapefruit Diesel

Potency : 8/10

Smell, bouquet : 7/10

Smell, Intensity: 9/10

Taste, variety of flavours : 6/10

Taste, Intensity : 8/10

Overall : 7/10
Great intense smoke, but matured and flushed more would have improved a lot this sample. For heavy smokers only. It easily compare and even beat most of the kushes i smoked in amsterdam.

The bubble hash as well was from nearly matured resin, taste was ok, definetly bubbling like hell. Smell wass damn good, and still very strong stuff.

Next one is a unknown strain, but seems to me like this is the infamous C99. This is the 3rd time I encounter this really particular smell, first when i grew the one from FMS, second with some c99 from wallyduck himself :)
I cannot describe how complex the smell is, and taste is very nice, the plant was well flushed and dried.
The high is first quite intense, then very trippy and euphoric. Too much will make you unable to gather your thoughts, it is close to a mushroom trip. I definitely don't have my usual tolerance which makes me feel the high more intensely. But this is some of the most potent c99 you can grow I guess.
I really enjoy this herb because it is on a low quantity quite functional, and it is damn tasty.

"C99"

Potency : 8/10

Smell, bouquet : 9/10

Smell, Intensity: 8/10

Taste, variety of flavours : 9/10

Taste, Intensity : 9/10

Overall : 9/10
Very cool smoke, functional, ultra tasty, this was really well grown, and deserve its 9/10.

So, because pictures are better than thousands words, enjoy the "C99"

So far I've been impressed by the samples I have randomly come across, so I guess that California that I will reach in february, will be awesome :laughing:
My next step is Mexico where I'll probably have to be smart to find out some good stuff, but I'll be hunting for seeds definetly that is my goal. If some of you have any suggestions where to head up to, I ll start my trip from Cancun to reach California after a month or so...
:bandit:
So expect some report of Mexican herb very soon... I am looking forward to that particular taste of mexican herb, that i found in some mexican sativas, the mexican haze from amsterdam-damprking, and somewhat in some nycd phenotype.

As always, I'm welcoming all your comments and questions ! Feel free to give me some motivation to keep this thread alive as possible!

:smoweed:

Titoon

zenoonez

Veteran
I would hit up central to southern mexico seeing as northern mexico is a cartel controlled war zone... Seriously though, there is a lot of good herb down there but be careful.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Titoon hits the road again ! Excellent !

I agree with zenoonez, better go central & south mexico.

take & enjoy !

Irie !

Baba Ku

Veteran
Sounds like a great trip...
however, I would highly suggest that you not tour for buds and seeds in Mexico. It is not safe in any region of the country right now. Major shit is happening, and there is no friendly Mexican pot trade in existence at present.

Much of the federal concentration on pot has shifted to areas that they normally would not be concerned with. This leaves the areas notorious for pot cultivation to be void of federal eradication efforts, and increases the cultivation activity in these areas. When profits increase, and efforts by law enforcement eases, it is an open invitation for increased cartel activity in those areas.
Cartels do not fuck around, and they are evil. Most evil. Scourge of the earth evil.
Cartels control ALL pot activity to speak of coming from Mexico. If they do not control it, they will. Human life means little to these animals.

Also be aware that they are still using lots of paraquat in Mexico. Not to eradicate pot, but to kill transplanted coca as well as poppy fields. Pot is also grown in many of the same areas.

Stay away from the cites if you must. Command the language, and be very careful.
IMO, a better trek would be to Central America.

I want only the best for you, friend. I am only concerned with your safety.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Thanks all for the inputs !

I am aware of the bad situation with cartels in Mexico, and how careful you need to be. My plan is to stay in the south anyway, I'm not getting close to this crazy border except to cross it on my way back. Neither I'm planning to do crazy farm visits like in Nepal...

First of all I'll spent some times with mexican friends that I've met through my travels. They are honest students, and I'm pretty sure they'll hook me up with the situation, what to do and what not to do. Then I'll try to head down maybe around oaxaca to check out the countryside.

I'll just be a young traveler enjoying the mexican country, and I'm sure few samples with seeds will come to me naturally like it has always been !

I can understand spanish, but speaking it will probably take me few days before I can have a deep conversation :)

About Central America, I am still unsure how my trip will be, so why not...

Don't worry guys, I'll be careful & safe, I am used to traveling crazy countries ! And I know that mexican people can be really nice so I'll definitely enjoy the place as well !

++

gertnaerd

hey titoon!!! hijaaaaa ----its nice to hear again of your travels,,,the travellogs were brilliant and you gave all of us such nice inspiration of the weed and hash you scored...i really love to hear from you again ...i´m bound here at my place....but with your travels ..my mind can travel ....thx a lot man ...i wish you the best of the best ... :wave:

Baba Ku

Veteran
Well, I tend to over react on this topic as it is a thing with me. lol...just wanted to put it out there.

I look forward to seeing the fruits of your travels, and if this trip is even close to your last journey, it should be a great thread for sure.
Good karma with ya!

BrainSellz

Veteran
that C99 looks delicious bro.....sounds like your having won great trip....enjoy your travels and word up on the thread!

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
first off, great thread titoon! and i got to add that i really liked your nepal-thread too! very informative and readerfriendly!

to the point: Mexico is a wondereful place and totally safe in most areas. went there in apil 2010 and had the greatest time and weren't short on good weed or psychedelics at any point! Oaxaca is definately where you want to go. after the capital just head out to the mountains, drop me pm and i'll inform you on this wonderful little village that's infamous for its mushroom culture and great authentic highland mota!

also every traveller alike spoke very higly of Guatemala which is not far once you're in Oaxaca. didn't got to visit the country myself at that time though.

here's some pics of the weed and pollen we got at the oaxacan highlands, no cartel stuff here. the grower was a local who lived up in the mountains at 2000m and grew ganja all year round.

trippy, feelgood, very up!

:wave:

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High Titoon:wave:

Great to see this topic, it is nice from you:) Hope you' ll have a good time other there:ying:

Very nice and white "C99" miam'miam:D and i like the description of the other one, the grapefruit diesel, it looks strong héhé

Have a little glass of Mescal for me dude, na zdravi:tiphat:

Bigup and take care bro:)

Xhashish

Veteran
Super nice to see a new thread from you k++ :yes:
Really enjoyed the last one :)
Hope you is having nice times :tiphat:

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
Awesome, I am looking forward to another of your travel logs! Do be careful though, both the US and Mexico can be very dangerous.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are making your dream a reality! Oaxaca sounds real good, I would like some seeds from there myself.

Down there in Mexico, good friends are really nice to help keep safe and avoid problems. I am in Cali, so here it is Kush this, Kush that.

Latest posts

Latest posts