What's new

Strains LEAST likely to Hermi.....

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Just thought this would be a good topic for a thread... I know thai strains are more likely to hermi, what kinds of weeds are most likely to NOT?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sour bubble, from what I have read and seen it is nearly impossible to get nanners. Never heard of a nanner coming out of a sour B nug.

lipsmcgee

A second vote on the sour bubble. I'm on my second run with it and had some light leak issues the first go around. It didn't phase the sour b, though.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I seen a grow this summer with all 5 f my sour bubble phenos mixed amoungst some other strains. The temps were VERY hot, and the grower decided he liked the name Cha-Ching and fed it basically all of flower. The nitrogen feeding throughout flower along with the heat made for one hella ugly canopy, really a shame because there was alot of potiential there. Everything was TRASH, except all 5 sour bubble phenos. They were perfect as as can be, rock hard oozing trichromes. I started a thread called, "Sour bubble, it don't give a f*&^"

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Sour Bubble sounds like the shiit too, might try some uh them out. Anyone know where sour bubble originated as far as on the globe.
Hermberry doesnt huh?

strains that i run and have never hermed on me...
gdp , urkle, cheese, a dmt pheno of sourbubble ,and a bk bx4 that i kept over the pre98

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yeah Ive only had one cut I picked up hermi on me, that was chocolope and I had a fat ass light leak, its mostly seeds strains Im wondering about. Im kinda wondering the original area of where the genetics came from.... I got some herijuana ibl and thought since it was an ibl that the hermi trait would have been bred out, then found hermis in it, did some research and found few people who DIDNT have a hermi isssue with this strain. Also hashberry I had hermis.

Baba Ku

Veteran
I have never had one nanner on any Herijuana I have grown, and I have grow a few.

On SB...from what I can gather, BOG tried his hand at making his own BubbaKush by using his bubblegum and crossing it with an afghan kush. He eludes to both being of White Label origin, but who really knows?

Every cannabis line has the potential to produce hermie free, true breeding progeny.
The trick is to find it (or breed to it). I don't think there is such a thing as a line that has erased the intersex gene altogether.

Find a couple of true breeding for no hermie P1's and work your own.
Breed to the trait as you would any other trait.
:)

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
My grow tent is full of light leaks (thanks to my cats' claws...) and so far I haven't had a strain that hermied.

Irie !

T

tonto

thats damned impressive that sour bubble got so many mentions early on

Great topic GM :tiphat:
I ve had many strains throw nanners over the years... mostly sterile/late.... im always with fingers crossed when i start seeds/new material in my garden...

That BOG SB is tops my list for yet another reason now :canabis:

t2

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
ive run a lot of different strains that didnt herm,

Nirvana White Widow
Soma NYCD
BOGs Bogglegum
BOGs Lifesaver
BOGs Sweet Cindy 99
Rez SDV3
Paradise Seeds Sensi Star
Serious Chronic

Its going to be the Indicas that take more of beating and keep on going. Sativas seem to be a lot more finicky and nature proves it(Thai herms).

Clone strains that I have run that haven't hermed,

Green Crack
Fire OG
Pre98 Bubba
Aliendog "ether"
The Jeffery(NL5xDurban)
Chernobyl "Thaitanium"

U4ic

I grew some Sour Bubbles outside this year and one of them was near a window and the light was on most nites, no nanners at all...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Man I been wantin ta try sour bubble for a minute, and I just keep finding new reasons why I should...

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
This thread makes me even happier I just got a pack of BOGs Sour Bubble. :)

I have had issues with hermies several times but the White Castle I got from Nirvana never hermied.

Latest posts

Latest posts