What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cops on here? watching what we do?

i hear about the usa and the uk's cops being on forums n shit but anyone ever had experience with the canadian police getting warrents because of online postings here in canada?

sometimes i get paranoid and dont think its worth posting up grows on here.. i mean for surfing and researching its alright but posting sometimes fucks with my head.

:laughing:

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 1st thing I did when I got my MMAR card was phone the Burnaby RCMP and talk to the Sergeant. I let her know who I was, what my address was, my phone number at home, cell, work and GF's number and told her any time she or any officers wanted to come over she was more than welcome.

Let her know my plant numbers.

Next, I called BC Hydro and told them. Spoke to some head cheese and let him know. Faxed my forms to his desk and he talked to the RCMP and they all have no problem.

I am on the grid and more than happy to have them come in to my garden anytime they want.

microgram

Cops do have computers, and what better to know whats going on than tracking users and documenting their grows.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Sure....the RCMP took down Overgrow. I wouldn't assume locals departments are looking in, but I'm sure the RCMP knows we're here. Always assume they are and take precautions as needed.

thanks... but because of this sites servers being located outside north america is it possible for them to attain telewarrents or get our ips and such thou this site owner operator...

Easygrowing

Veteran
You will never know,s "if"
But if you act-like there is,you have done,what you can done..
What otherwise could you do ?
It can be dangerous,thinking-there are not.always take care.

Takeiteasy !

dmt

Veteran
theres alot of human rights cases and hate crimes that have gone to supreme courts from internet flaming, i havent seen a case related to a personal growshow.

there were some dudes from winnipg that made a rap vid with guns, bricks and weed, and the rcmp were just in their basement the night before on a party crash. they were all nabbed in 45 minutes of the vid being uploaded and encarserated as they all had pending or conditional sentences for other same like crimes lol. i guess thats what shitty weather and flouridated water do to people lol

please believe theres black suites all over the net tryna get ya lol, d

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I would say there are RC's on ICmag but you can tell who they are, they don't know shit about growing and create threads asking to inform them on stuff about weed in certain areas, usually don't have many posts or any album pics either .......
I hope the cops in my city are out stopping some of the violent crimes , instead of monitoring icmag posts.....
peace TS

if i was a cock copper id be able to bust a bunch of growers on this site no prob. im constantly amazed by what certain members give away on here.

i dont think telling them about your grow is a good idea. if they are following procedure they r spposed to phone hellth canada to verify legitimacy of your op before they raid. of course wether they do or not isnt up to me to know but cops are people and dirty untrustable pigs at that, i dont want anyone knowing where my grow is at lest i want a profusely bleeding stab wound to the gut and my crop gone

Marco Renda

i dont think telling them about your grow is a good idea. if they are following procedure they r spposed to phone hellth canada to verify legitimacy of your op before they raid. of course wether they do or not isnt up to me to know but cops are people and dirty untrustable pigs at that, i dont want anyone knowing where my grow is at lest i want a profusely bleeding stab wound to the gut and my crop gone

Yea but us LEGAL growers have nothing to hide! I would rather let the local authorities know what's up then to have them raid my garden. I DON'T have any faith in Health Canada as the last time the police called them they gave them the wrong information and the cops cut down 31 plants and charged me with cultivation. The next day at my bail hearing the cultivation charges got dropped. This was in 2005. Recently I had not only the local police checking my place out but also the Fire Marshall and an inspector from the ESA. My garden is 100% up to code and I am within my plant limits.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Yea but us LEGAL growers have nothing to hide! I would rather let the local authorities know what's up then to have them raid my garden. I DON'T have any faith in Health Canada as the last time the police called them they gave them the wrong information and the cops cut down 31 plants and charged me with cultivation. The next day at my bail hearing the cultivation charges got dropped. This was in 2005. Recently I had not only the local police checking my place out but also the Fire Marshall and an inspector from the ESA. My garden is 100% up to code and I am within my plant limits.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

i got nothing to hide either im an mmar exemptee but you wont see me saying 'i have nothing to hide so let them in', thats a bullshit excuse for being afraid and is step 1 to eroding your civil liberties. some legal growers have this holier than thou attitude . i guess im a hardcore libertarian.

ive had cops pull this shit on me before, the ol' "if you've got nothing to hide let us in"

i respect the santicty of a man's private home and belongings

canadians are generally yellow bellies, the RCMP are not my friends

p.s.. nowhere have i read that you are required to let inspectors in. i talked to HC and they said there is nothing stated in their regulations requiring you to get your home inspected and to my knowledge there are no specific bylaws yet requiring an inspection for MMAR growers although in Langley i think they are trying to get it done although its probably an illegal measure. even if there were some rule in the MMAR forms requiring inspections you can bet that it would probably be illegal and would be another aspect of the MMAR to get thrown out in court.

it took an HA to get surrey off the 93kw/h bylaw and here we've got medigrowers welcoming cops in. and for that matter a guy who is the head of a pro cannabis mag.

RudeDog

Veteran
i hear about the usa and the uk's cops being on forums n shit but anyone ever had experience with the canadian police getting warrents because of online postings here in canada?

sometimes i get paranoid and dont think its worth posting up grows on here.. i mean for surfing and researching its alright but posting sometimes fucks with my head.

:laughing:

Alrite mate...Where have you heard about the UK cops being on here? Have you heard about them busting people from posting on here?

Cheers

Marco Renda

i got nothing to hide either im an mmar exemptee but you wont see me saying 'i have nothing to hide so let them in', thats a bullshit excuse for being afraid and is step 1 to eroding your civil liberties. some legal growers have this holier than thou attitude . i guess im a hardcore libertarian.

ive had cops pull this shit on me before, the ol' "if you've got nothing to hide let us in"

i respect the santicty of a man's private home and belongings

canadians are generally yellow bellies, the RCMP are not my friends

p.s.. nowhere have i read that you are required to let inspectors in. i talked to HC and they said there is nothing stated in their regulations requiring you to get your home inspected and to my knowledge there are no specific bylaws yet requiring an inspection for MMAR growers although in Langley i think they are trying to get it done although its probably an illegal measure. even if there were some rule in the MMAR forms requiring inspections you can bet that it would probably be illegal and would be another aspect of the MMAR to get thrown out in court.

it took an HA to get surrey off the 93kw/h bylaw and here we've got medigrowers welcoming cops in. and for that matter a guy who is the head of a pro cannabis mag.

Well I don't grow in my home due to the large number of plants that I am allowed to grow. I had to rent an industrial unit to grow in. I didn't just call the cops and tell them come on over and inspect my garden. There were complaints from the neighbors to the police and my landlord was contacted by them. The fire marshall wanted in and he was the one that contacted ESA. It's not easy setting up a large legal grow as there are other hoops that you have to jump and Health Canada has NO CONTROL over this. I know another legal grower that had his electricity cut off because of ESA inspectors. Once he let them in and they were satisfied with the set up they turned his electricity back on.

Now I don't know who you spoke with at Health Canada but I can assure you that there are inspectors out there checking on peoples gardens to make sure that they are with in their legal limits.

The whole MMAR program is FLAWED and should be removed and cannabis legalized.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

I agree with you on the flawed part and how cannabis should be legalized. im sorry your neighbors reported you but glad you passed all inspections.

i dont think HC has the best employees. much contradictory info out there seemingly passed on by them. ive read about the inspectors but was told 2nd hand by another and told myself when i called that they dont do that. but theres that big thread a TY saying they do. so i believe you.

happy growing

B

Bud Bug

Sure....the RCMP took down Overgrow. I wouldn't assume locals departments are looking in, but I'm sure the RCMP knows we're here. Always assume they are and take precautions as needed.

Overgrow take down wasn't just a simple we don't want the weed site up and running. They were involved in other activities that caused the shut down.

As for RCMP watching the sites well they would have to get a warrant for what ever country the server resides in to get the info.

Yah they could go tosay SHAW,TELUS,ROGERS and ask to see what IP's are hitting what sitse but if this ever got out and there were no warrants issues for the spying those companies would be sued pretty good.

L

Loud Pack

The whole MMAR program is FLAWED and should be removed and cannabis legalized.

I couldn't agree more. I think Medical Marijuana is an unreasonable compromise and encourages corruption in the system. When I lived in California, I didn't have one friend with a card that met legitimate requirements, there are so many shady doctors and other people involved in the industry that are only keeping California trapped in the cycle. As for Canada, there are too many flaws to even list. Marijuana is medicine, but part of the medicinal process is growing it yourself and creating a strain/product that fits each person's personal needs, which isn't always cancer or m.s.