What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Black

Rastak'

Hi Guys !! :tiphat:

Just to show you some pics of this strain...

Colombian Black from BSC...
It seems to be an hybrid of landraces so if i'm not at the right place, no problem, just move my thread... :)

Between 16 and 26 weeks of flowering time...

They are under 400W HPS in 3L containers, in 12/12 since about 1 months...

I had some difficulties with electric timer of lamps and i think i will have some delay because of this but it's not important i can wait, accordin to the "normal" time of flowering !! :biglaugh:

Problems with nutrients too, they asked for a lot of N because of the 24/0 period before i see the problem with timers...
It won't be a well-performed session but never mind, i'll continue until the end... :)

I put you the last pics i took...
All are females, the kept males are in another box... :)

I don't have any pictures of the male so i'll post you one the next time...
I only kept one male, because i've got seeds made in 2009 so no need of a reproduction...
This one was the biggest balls before i replace them into 18/6... It's the only thing why i choose him... We'll see... :)

Blessings...

Rastak'

I already made it to reproduce it... And another time, just to smoke it but i cut her earlier i think...

So this time should be the good one but now i'm not very confident because of the problems i had...
Do you say "cross the fingers" in english to tell that you hope ???

So "Croisons les doigts" !! :biglaugh:

BLessings...

burningfire

Veteran
oui, croisons les doigts, comment était l'effet? et les aromes? de ce que j'ai lu la réglisse était une des aromes principale.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool grow, I almost got some black and gold colombo from bsc, but long flower time put me off. I will like to see how this goes.

P

ptg

Nice!

isn't the flowering time much shorter than announced?

Whatever i wish you good luck!

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
I grew some Colombian bag seed back in the late 70's, living in the Calif desert we have a very long growing season. To this date those where some of the best looking and tasting buds I've seen or smoked, two of the plants where as red as a fire engine that after curing turned black and a few other lady's where as yellow as lemons. They where planted in April and harvest in December..Good Luck

burningfire

Veteran
ptg , it's possible, since the plants are most likely rootbound at the moment it could shortern the flowering time.. Rastak was telling me he already had did a seedrun with this line.

but by the looks of something that's been flowering for 1 month, these gals will take their time to get ready

Rastak'

Yeah like Burning fire said, i already made a session with this Colombian Black...

I reproduced them in 2009 with 2 males and 3 females all pures...
I harvested seeds at about 10 weeks...

And i tried it to see germination rate and test it just to smoke it but i cut it at about 10-12 weeks (i don't remember exactly) because she looks ready but, in my opinion, i had poor conditions for a landrace and i was wrong... :( I think it takes more much longer...

Like i had problem with fertilization and timers on this session, hope that i will not have the same problems...
But yeah, when you see how it is at 1 months, i think we can say that i can wait !! :D :biglaugh:

I hope my english is totally understandable... :)

Blessings...

P

ptg

Ok i see now.It was your session i followed on the vibes.

Your english is fine,no problem.:)

Rastak'

Yeah, i don't remember well but it's possible i made a thread on Vibes...

It's my beginning concerning landraces but i definitively love them !! Enfin qqes difficultés !! :biglaugh: :)

Blessings...

Rastak'

Hi guys !!!

Here i am to inform you about this session !!

So, unfortunately, i had problems with my grow and i didn't find what happened???
Atfer analysing, i find it !! I had a probblem of water Ph which is about 8 or 8.5 !! So it causes some big troubles with nutrients like iron, magnesium and zinc...

So I was no able to finish this CB, i cut the two which was no hermi and i'm waiting to smoke it...
It was cut at about 120 days (17 semaines)... One more month would be great !!

So, no particular smell yet and a light crystallization...

More at the next up !!

Blessings...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the same ph water here in Cali., caused my Panama Red to stunt in veg. I think the Panama and your Colombian are of the same parents, by the look of them.

I want to hear how the Black smokes, should be great.