What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED sellers / test grows

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
trying to make a collection of LED sellers ( to inform the public of options ), and test grows you've seen on IC.

I like to keep things simple, please do not compare LED lamps, please just show us your test grows done with a lamp

SELLERS: ( I have no opinion on these sellers, or there performance, just showing what is out there in this new field..... )

growl led

positronics grow
sunshine systems
eco gro led
grow led hydro
haight solid state
home grown lights
stealth grow
orbit tec
gotham hydroponics
calyx led
pro source worldwide
lumigrow
advanced led lights
kessil
home grown lights
theoremeinnovation
hydroponics hut
HTG supply
LED supernova
philips horticultural lighting
ledgrow

TEST GROWS:

please share any other companies you know, or grow logs..

Last edited:
A

ak-51

The biggest problem I have with these things (well its more of just a gripe) is that you have to sift through pages and pages of bickering just to read the results. Maybe when I get some time I can go through and summarize these, unless anybody else feels like doing it before me...

Anyway this is a great idea habeeb. I may sooner or later be in the market for another LED unit and I would feel a lot better if I thought I was making a more informed decision.

smokefrogg

Veteran
here's a newish one, coldfire led, just emailed them asking for info on their new 2011 model

http://stores.coldfireled.com/-strse-5/ColdFire-LED-Grow-Light/Detail.bok

newhp.jpg

smokefrogg

Veteran
coldfire led emailed me back, here's what i got from them:

Hi *************, You are correct we do have new prototypes coming out. We use 8 wavelengths all of the standard ones 660,630,470,440, 2700k however three of our wavelengths are secret one is in the white and our UV and IR. ColdFire LED has merged with our manufacturer in Taiwan where all of our technology is created and assembled, so essentially our manufacturing is now in-house. The delay that has prevented us from launching our new line is tied to the new UV we have had developed. The glass lens for the new UV is being molded currently. The cost to create this new chip has been $150,000.00 fortunately we did not have to fund that cost, but we did have to wait for the new year so our LED manufacturer could dedicate this years budget to developing the lens. We were able to get them to cover the cost because the wavelength we are using has applications in medical equipment and the manufacturer is also a supplier for that industry. I have a new secondary lens that we are utilizing and the angle of the secondary lens is 60*. I'm releasing three new models one of which is our raw PCB that can be strung up with fishing line and has the power supply attached to the PCB board, simply plug it in and your ready to grow. We have two reasons for selling our raw PCB one is that we offer them as replacements for all of our units, second it offers a inexpensive opportunity for frugal or sceptical consumers the chance to test the technology for less. The next line is our budget line which is a simple frame that is 24" x 24" runs 200w and is a step up from the raw PCB. Our third line is nearly waterproof, the unit can not be submerged but can be used in greenhouses or in outdoor applications. I am expecting to be in full production in March when the glass lens for the new UV will be completed and readily available. I hope to have our new PCB minus the glass lens for the UV in hand to photograph in late January, once I have the PCB I will be updating the site then. Thank you for your interest and patience.

Aleeya Kim
ColdFire LED CEO

woolybear

Veteran
I am using a grow led hydro spectra 300w in my current grow. In week 2 of flower, love the results so far. Pricey, but not as much so as the competitors, plus GLH has a lot of test grows in a forum they sponsor.

greenmystic

I am using a grow led hydro spectra 300w in my current grow. In week 2 of flower, love the results so far. Pricey, but not as much so as the competitors, plus GLH has a lot of test grows in a forum they sponsor.

What forum is this? I'd like to look at the test grows...