Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > B.O.G. Seeds > More Sour Bubble!

Thread Title Search
More Sour Bubble! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2010, 07:49 AM #1
master shake

master shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the rough
More Sour Bubble!

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've had a grow and what a terrific strain to start up again with. I got these seeds this summer, so I believe they are the BX4 generation (correct me if I'm wrong please). I sprouted the whole pack of 11 seeds, only 7 popped due to 4 being immature. I fucked up and decapitated a seedling plucking the seed shell off so I'm down to 6. But that's more than enough to make beans and that I will!

I've confirmed 4 girls, 1 male and 1 probable male. 4/2 exactly what I wanted to make the incross. If anyone else has IX'd their sour bubble I'd (and surely others) love to hear the experience and results!

They are on day 1 of flowering after 35 days veg. I'm using roots organics soil in 3.5 gal fabric air pots, roots organics grow nute and trinity. Due to my schedule, they only got 14 hours of light per day for veg but seem to be fairly vigorous. The light is a 400W CMH and will be switching to HPS in a couple weeks. Anybody ever flower the whole way with a CMH or MH on their SB??

Ok on to the pics!

First is one girl the most different from the others, much more narrow leaves

The other 3 girls and 1 suspect male all look very similar, like this one:

Here is the confirmed male, biggest of the group, should make a good daddy:

Group, there are also 2 Power Kush girls by DinaFem, skunk#1 x Afghani (freebies) in there...the one tiny runt and that big girl in the far corner.

Anything recognizable or I should be keeping my eye on? I've had my eye on that first narrow leaf girl since she broke the ground.

Thanks for stopping by!
master shake is offline Quote

Old 11-20-2010, 07:59 AM #2
CANNATOPIA

They look rather healthy to me friend. I have not yet grown this strain. However, I defiantly want ta give her a try myself someday.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:59 AM #3
Greenstar420

Greenstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutGreenstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutGreenstar420 has a spectacular aura about
Some healthy and happy looking ladies there, I love them 9 fingered leaves! Nice work!
Greenstar420 is offline Quote

Old 11-20-2010, 08:56 AM #4
PuReKnOwLeDgE
Licensed Grower

PuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud of
looking good! these genetics make it to damn easy don't they?
PuReKnOwLeDgE is offline Quote

Old 11-20-2010, 05:12 PM #5
the gnome

the gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud of
great job MS
I did an incross on my 2 SB girls and got a bulging 1/2 pak of seed from each girl
in the last week.

warning !!
they're a PITA to get the seeds out of those gooey calyxes

Old 11-21-2010, 03:08 AM #6
master shake

master shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the roughmaster shake is a jewel in the rough
Thank you all for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gnome View Post
great job MS
I did an incross on my 2 SB girls and got a bulging 1/2 pak of seed from each girl
in the last week.

warning !!
they're a PITA to get the seeds out of those gooey calyxes
I can believe that, got a pair of fine tip tweezers ready for that! Have you grown out any of your IX'd beans? What BX were the parents? ..Pics?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:32 AM #7
Weird Jimmy
Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass Boss

Weird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of light
those are nice.. lots of potential killers

Old 11-21-2010, 04:06 PM #8
the gnome

the gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by master shake View Post
Thank you all for the kind words!
I can believe that, got a pair of fine tip tweezers ready for that! Have you grown out any of your IX'd beans? What BX were the parents? ..Pics?

not yet, i just harvested the seeds a week ago.
I picked the seeds up last june so its either BX3
or BX4, i read somewhere there was a or mix of both between the two?

Old 12-02-2010, 01:36 AM #9
master shake

Well it's update time...

Turns out I've got some bad news, though most people would call it good. All 6 of my SB's are female. I was sure one was a male, it had longer looking preflowers some looked like the standard ball, but no white hairs. Never seen this before so I assumed male. Well most all preflowers and new flowers are obviously female, and a beast she is. And same thing for the one I suspected was male...One day a white hair all of a sudden appears! So now I'm low on space and won't be able to make beans unless I make feminized.

So there's one question, has anyone self pollinated or reversed sex of a sour bubble or seen a thread with that happening? I'm all ears... I figure that colloidal silver method would be best, not sure if I will go through with it. I'm not worried about having to order more from BOG, actually it is probably a certainty that I will!

Here are some pics from last week at day 7 of 12/12, I'll snap some more in a day or 2 at 14days in.

this one i thought was male, but SHE is the biggest and with most waxy dark leaves, topped her a few days ago

This one I've had my eye on from day 1, she is growing a lot of side branches that just go vertical, staying really close to the main stalk so I supper-cropped a few

kinda ugly in some ways

Old 12-02-2010, 04:14 AM #10
Greenstar420

Greenstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutGreenstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutGreenstar420 has a spectacular aura about
Hell yea bro those are looking killer - great negative effect on that last shot. Love them 11 bladed leaves too! Chunky!!
Greenstar420 is offline Quote