Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Archived Breeder Forums > Dutchgrown Seeds > DGS Independent Reports > DGS LUI13 Reports

Thread Title Search
DGS LUI13 Reports Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2010, 06:21 AM #1
Dutchgrown
----

Dutchgrown has disabled reputation
DGS LUI13 Reports

LUI13 thread by Blahman
Thread link: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....hlight=blahman
(pics in thread are attachments....can't include here, please follow above link)

A couple excerpts:

5 lui13 seedlings
Blahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post
Good luck... I've already sampled some of my #1 and its some serious coach lock. I'm not sure either what side that comes from, maybe Dutchgrown can chime in and let us know
Quote:
I'll let you know... After I get a good cure i'll be smoking this alone to see how it is. I've had it a few times already... it really creeps up on me. Suddenly i'm coach locked and having a nap.... lol

Old 12-04-2010, 09:42 PM #2
Dutchgrown
----

LUI 13 pheno hunt
by inreplyavalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreplyavalon View Post
These LUI 13 are on day 50 and looking chunky. Starting to cloud up pretty fully on some, and hoping to spot some amber trichs in the next few days. Smells ranging from fruity-earthy and all different shapes of colas. One looks to need at least 14 more days, maybe more. Really enjoying these gals and their ease of growth.

LUI13 #1 fruity smelling

LUI #3 Earthy and spicy(?) LONG colas of denseness

LUI #5 Not much smell and still stacking calyx at day 50

Thanks Dutchgrown!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:27 PM #3
Dutchgrown
----

LUI13 thread by Blahman

Quote:
Ok, here are a few pics at 48 days. I've started a flush on 3 of them.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:31 PM #4
Dutchgrown
----

LUI13 by blahman

Quote:
A few bud shots.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:37 PM #5
Dutchgrown
----

LUI13 by blahman
Quote:
These were harvested at 50 days in. Under magnification the trichomes were about 60-80% amber depending on the plant. They are already dried and sitting in jars for a nice cure

Yield... if you look at post #50 , from left to right

#1 : 190g
#2: 165g
#3: 152g

#4 (plant on the far right)
132g. I was surprised, the buds feel very fluffy and loose

Plant #1, tight and heavy buds. Depending on the smoke this might be me new favorite plant The stems were increadibly strong in this plant. No stakes needed to keep this plant up. A very sweet smell with a hint of pine.

Plant #2, a smaller version of plant #1, very smiliar smell to the bud. Stems very strong as well. But the buds were not quite as dense and large.

Plant #3, Buds seemed tight at first, but after it dried it seemed to have lost a majority. Buds have a pine smell with a hint of cat pee :P The stems had a very strong smell of cat pee. So the smell in the buds is coming from the stem itself. The stems were not as strong and this plant needed a stake.

Plant #4, Very fluffy bud, but a sweet skunk smell to the bud. The stems seemed weak, but the buds were not heavy enough to require a stake.

Thank you for the wonderful genetics
Quote:
Here's a pic of plant #1's dried buds

5 lui13 seedlings
Blahman

Quote:
Good luck... I've already sampled some of my #1 and its some serious coach lock. I'm not sure either what side that comes from, maybe Dutchgrown can chime in and let us know
Quote:
I'll let you know... After I get a good cure i'll be smoking this alone to see how it is. I've had it a few times already... it really creeps up on me. Suddenly i'm coach locked and having a nap.... lol

Old 12-07-2010, 03:15 AM #6
Dutchgrown
----

LUI 13 pheno hunt
by inreplyavalon

Quote:
This gal will be sacrificed tonight. Looks to be about 70% cloudy, 20% clear, and 10% amber. Was grown in a five gallons of coco. She shared a 1000hps with three other girls. Fruity smell to her, and dense as well. Day 58
LUI13 #1

Old 12-09-2010, 07:35 PM #7
Dutchgrown
----

LUI 13 pheno hunt
by inreplyavalon

Quote:
I mislabeled the title of this. THIS PLANT IS LUI13 #4Thanks for sharing SOTF. I am amazed at how many buds those first two plants yielded. Three more to go and they all look unique.

This is the third LUI13 that is being offered to the collective and she goes by the name #4. Just trying not to confuse myself...
She is the most compact of the harem and has slim, very dense colas. Her scent is not as strong as some, and is reminiscent of earth with a dash of spearmint and a touch of fruit. This is day 60. I am wondering if this one may lean towards the g13?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:08 PM #8
Dutchgrown
----

Lui 13 pheno hunt
by inreplyavalon

Quote:
Last but not even close to least in LUI13 #5. This girl is CHUNKY! Has taken the longest to ripen up, cause she just keeps getting bigger. Definitely the shortest of the group. Today is day 64 and she is currently hanging out in a dark closet. Will let her go another day or so. Her smell is not as upfront as some of the others, a bit of hashy fruit to my senses. I am not very strong at smell ID, so what i do is smell them in a dark room, which by shutting off my sight, seems to give me a stronger idea of the smell characteristics. i still struggle with it. Anyways thanks for following along, thanks to dutchdutch for going into the seed business, and thanks to mother earth for her bounties. Will follow up with dried weight, bud shots, and a smoke report down the road.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:01 PM #9
Dutchgrown
----

LUI 13 pheno hunt
by inreplyavalon

Quote:
Thanks friends for checking things out. Fun grow. Could have likely urged them to produce even more if i let them go longer; next time i will. I will follow up someday with a smoke report, but for now, one week cure:

LUI13 #1
yield: 6.5 ounces

LUI13 #2
Yield: 6 Ounces

LUI13 #3
Yield: 6.75 ounces

LUI13 #4
Yield: 4.5 ounces

#5 is still drying

Old 12-22-2010, 04:43 PM #10
Dutchgrown
----

LUI 13 pheno hunt
by inreplyavalon

Quote:
This is an impressive hybrid! The yield growing one each of four phenotypes under One 1000w was 1 1/2 lbs. I think when i squeeze five of the same certain phenotypes under the same amount of light, 2lbs will be achievable from one 1000w. Not only that, but the appearance and smell of my two favorites is impressive. Have just begun smoking on these and am enjoying them. Will report back after further investigation.

mugenbao i agree the number two is really dank looking. She did not fully fill out her huge colas and i am hoping that is from a lack of nutrient. This particular pheno was VERY easy to trim. High calyx/leaf ratio.

Dutchgrown thanks again for sharing this hybrid. Your description of the strain is right on point and those cash crop minded growers would do well to pay attention..

You may be right Brightskies. The least desirable at this point is #1, but her yield refutes her being a loser.

Ciao