What's new

sulfur burner questions need help quick

mikeross

My last run I ran into a little powdery mildew problems in week 5 and was able to get a nice harvest by fighting it back with a dutch masters zone/saturator.

Anyways, I bought a sulfur burner because I grew tired of trying to maneuver through my garden to spray. Have a couple questions hope a someone can answer. I did a search but couldn't find complete answers.

1. Can you burn sulfur in a sealed room with no way to possible exhaust the smell after wards?

2. I have read that you need to turn off your exhaust for obvious reasons, but in a sealed room can I keep my fans on to help distribute the sulfur? I ask because I want to hang the burner close to the entrance of the room for easy inspection. With all the air movements in the room I am sure the sulfur will spread all over the room no matter where I hang it. So can I leave my fans on if my room is sealed?

3. I plan to use it for the first time tonight, plants are currently vegging and planned to flip in 2 days. I noticed 1 leaf in my entire room had a small dot of PM so I know the whole room is probably ready to blow.

What do you guys suggest for initial heavy treatments and how much for preventative. Now that I know there is very little pm in the room is it going to be a constant fight all the way up to harvest or will sulfur treatments up to week 4-5 carry me into harvest PM free?

How are some members,"krusty", able to burn sulfur all the way up to the start of week 7 on a 8 week strain. I assume the are very light treatments.

thanks for the help guys, I am a little worried to burn sulfur cause I have heard horror stories of losing crops from burning to much sulfur.

I also am a little worried because I run a sealed room and no way to exhaust the smell out. I don't even know if you can use these burners in a sealed room.

thanks again

Think Green

So...powdery mildew sux! Having said that, I have been burning the hell outta my sulfur & was just informed that instead of filling the lil cup half way full, just layer a small layer of your pellets across the bottom & don't reuse. As far as the not expelling the sulfur vapor after your burn...I'm not really sure. I know that the plants love the sulfur. I've burned & burned and never seen any negative effects on any strains I've ran. Some people say that burning in flower will put a sulfur taste in your buds. I agree with not burning in flower & trying to handle all problems in veg but that isn't always possible. Some times pm shows up in late flower. Just let it be known that I have burned sulfur in late flower & not ever tasted sulfur....but I would rather have not. I'm sure you can vape a sealed room. I don't see why you would experience any problems unless you burn for like 14hrs straight! :O

picture.php

TG

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i got the same burner, the hotbox...nice little piece of equipment.

i grow in a sealed room with no intake or exaust, i put the burner on a timer for 3 hours a night, works great

mk6

welp I burn and have been for years - 1st I made my burner from the diy forum - thanks Pirate. I burn for 45 mins a night, an hour after lights off, everything is on digi timers so everything turns off for 1 hour, and thats everything; fans, lights etc... then the burner comes on for 45 mins. also I put an inch of pellets in a cut down soda can and replace it bout once a month... I haver not seen pm scince Ive been burning sulfer.
if your burning in a veg room with lighs on just make sure you turn off your fans and only burn for short pirods at a time.

mikeross

thanks for the quick replies guys. So I assume I cannot leave any fans on while burning... I am referring to just my electric fans to circulate the sulfur, but my scrubber or a/c.

I just would love to be able to locate my burner by the entrance of the room and use a fan to blow the sulfur vap around. Do you think this is a bad idea?

*Lola*

read Pirate's DIY on sulfur burning. He has it down to a science... btw, I miss Pirate :(

Have you tried Serenade? It works great

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the quick replies guys. So I assume I cannot leave any fans on while burning... I am referring to just my electric fans to circulate the sulfur, but my scrubber or a/c.

I just would love to be able to locate my burner by the entrance of the room and use a fan to blow the sulfur vap around. Do you think this is a bad idea?

ive always turned all my circulating fans off for the first half of the burn. let the room fill up and get into every nook and cranny.

half way thru the burn ill put on a mask and some googles and run into the room and flip on a couple oscillating fans and run back out...
when i renenter about 30 minutes after the burn is over ill go in unplug the burner kick all the fans on and smoke a few bowls... 30min later youre pretty much good to go.

serenade STINKS. and when you have more than a few plants to spray spraying gets impractical and doesnt thoroughly attack all sources of pm in the room. its great outside on roses but inside, even with a 6"fan on a can 66 the room smelled like fish ass for a few days. ick... but it does do the job...