What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal X Meao Thai

VanVulpen

Veteran
We all know who the father is in this hybrid, the infamous Meao Thai male used by Charlie Garcia in his Destroyer. I haven't got the chance to grow this one so far but i did grow last year Angolese Liamba X Meao Thai, most flavoured smoke coming from my garden will send you out of space in seconds while still retaining a sharp eye on reality, colors will seem more vivid and everything around you will shine in a bright light

Also i had a Malawi X Meao Thai (aka Golden Tiger) female, powerful and mindbending this herb will lock most people on the couch, introspective and maybe a bit racy but not something as bad as a dutch hybrid can be... A GT male was used to make all sort of crosses, i'll show you some of these later on the show...

If Golden Tiger was by no means a social weed, Vietnam Black x Meao Thai most certainly fits such a description and it is by far the highest producer i've found in these plants...

And now back to the Zamal... this is Gerrit's (Magus Genetics) selected cut and i believe the seeds were given to him by Gypsy wich sourced them from a french grower from the island of Reunion named Cristophe (?) What Dubi has to say about it sounds very convincing:

Zamal has a unique kind of high, it's crazy, psychedelic and out of control, especially i have found extremely powerful and crazy plants crossing zamal with other sats and sat/ind hybrids. It has huge breeding potential to get incredible sativa experiences in the hybrids.

the more i see her the more i like her! I smoked a zamal dried sample yesterday with a close friend, zamal has been drying for only 2-3 weeks but it's very tasty, lovely sweet floral taste with carrot tones, denser than i'd expect for a pure sativa, pretty amazing for what i remember in the zamal line.

High was real uplifting, slighty psychedelic. I like her crazy effect, breaking menthal limits and behaviour, opposite thing to paralyzing weed. I think zamal mother has LOTS of breeding potential, i'm starting to imagine zamal crosses with other sativas and my cannabinoid and terpenoid receptors are saying 'chick chick!
rasta.gif

Zamal is one of my favourite african sats, especially Gerrit's selected clone which is the most flavorful zamal i've tried!

My Zamal X Thai female was the best smoke from the whole bunch, real connoiseur weed added a totally new dimension to the musical experience, and gave me the true meaning of "rollercoaster weed"... this has been confirmed by some close friends that the pressure felt on their heads was very similar to the kind of pressure you feel when wearing a heavy helmet and riding really fast...

VanVulpen

Veteran
I was so impresed with this Zamal x Thai cross that a couple of months ago i decided to pop another 5 beans and i ended up with three beautiful females, another one hermied, my fault most probably as i tend to stress quite a lot my plants in flowering so i can only use true females for breeding purposes... One plant didn't show nothing so far, she had a bad start but she's recovering now and i really hope to be a male :)

Pics with Zamal X Meao Thai no.1, she has been dusted all over with Neville's Haze and Tom Hill's Haze polen...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We all know who the father is in this hybrid, the infamous Meao Thai male used by Charlie Garcia in his Destroyer. I haven't got the chance to grow this one so far but i did grow last year Angolese Liamba X Meao Thai, most flavoured smoke coming from my garden will send you out of space in seconds while still retaining a sharp eye on reality, colors will seem more vivid and everything around you will shine in a bright light

If Golden Tiger was by no means a social weed, Vietnam Black x Meao Thai most certainly fits such a description and it is by far the highest producer i've found in these plants...

And now back to the Zamal... this is Gerrit's (Magus Genetics) selected cut and i believe the seeds were given to him by Gypsy wich sourced them from a french grower from the island of Reunion named Cristophe (?) What Dubi has to say about it sounds very convincing

My Zamal X Thai female was the best smoke from the whole bunch, real connoiseur weed added a totally new dimension to the musical experience, and gave me the true meaning of "rollercoaster weed"... this has been confirmed by some close friends that the pressure felt on their heads was very similar to the kind of pressure you feel when wearing a heavy helmet and riding really fast...

Thanks VanVulpen to share your final reports on the thai crosses!
You got the different vibe of each one ;) Your descriptions truely match with our experiences. Zamal x Thai effect is truely out of this world, we thank Gypsy and Gerrit to share zamal genetics with us!

Braindead#1

Omae wa mo shindeiru
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Superb pics and report, best sativa around there bro!

Which is the best for you Vanvulpen?! GT, Angola X MT, Zama X thai... in effects

Thx for sharing :wave:

VanVulpen

Veteran
I feel much obliged to thank you all, especially to Dubi and Charlie for offering such stelar genetics to the masses, and now to answer your questions...

I have had only a small number of plants to properly judge the variations you may encounter in this hybrids, i personally think that you'll find a lot variation even in F1 particulary in the structure of the plants, well branched or spearshaped as most of my Angoleses were.

I don't have such a sensitive palate myself but i can honestly tell you that i have never encountered such a wonderfull smell and flavour as i did in the Angolese, the efect was also very pleasurable, probably not as potent as the Golden Tiger but much more desirable in my opinion. So i guess is all horses for courses, the efect that i'm looking after is the soaring neverending high and this was as close as i could get to it. I do remember that when overindulged one could achive some sort of cinemascope sense of vision if that's makes any sense, this has been confirmed by several people and everybody seemed to like it particulary for not causing any feeling of anxiety.... even made a cross with one Golden Tiger male :dance013:

One thing that they all shared was the narcotic high that will kick in at about an hour after the initial rush or should i call it "enlightment" :) Could it be the Thai side of the moon? There's not much that one can do about it than just lay down and enjoy the scenery, great stuff to light up on the beach rest assured :dance013:

picture.php

Haven't seen the new Zamal plants for a while now but i'm very curious how they are going to be when finish, as far as i can tell there are two main phenos, one looks very sativa and is still growing even restricted in a 1.5l pot, will come back with pics in a couple of weeks :wave:

Frosy

Best Sativa thread! VanVulpen, when can we see some of the new crosses? Looking forward to that!

el gordo

I do remember that when overindulged one could achive some sort of cinemascope sense of vision if that's makes any sense, this has been confirmed by several people and everybody seemed to like it particulary for not causing any feeling of anxiety

+1

VanVulpen

Veteran
Thank's everyone for your rep and suport, i must confess that i had some problems with my growroom lately and the girls seem to be quite affected by that. I am still trying to figure how this new camera works and i will get some shots of the Zamal's later in the evening, till then...

Neville's Haze (MNS), best pheno so far, she seems to take well the stress and my heratic feeding regime

picture.php

picture.php

Tom Hill's Haze, one purple black pheno, fantastic smell of spicy carrots, almost curry :)

picture.php

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
this cross looks soo good. make seeds, send to seedbay pleeaaaaasssssee! lol. I would love to work with some zamal genetics. pure sativas that arent some sort of haze, my mouth is watering.

VanVulpen

Veteran
this cross looks soo good. make seeds, send to seedbay pleeaaaaasssssee! lol. I would love to work with some zamal genetics. pure sativas that arent some sort of haze, my mouth is watering.

Actually it was either some Neville's Haze or Tom Hill's Haze polen that these plants have been dusted with. The only Zamal X Thai male was very late to show anything but when it did it continued to flower regardless of the changed photoperiod wich acording to DJ Short is not a desirable trait for a breeding male. Funny thing is that when reading DJ's book i came across a passage where he talks about "backward" hermaphrodites and how rare and precious such plants are and i remembered how the only Angolese X Thai male i had last year was such a backward hermaphrodite and i killed him not knowing what treasure he might be :) I did saved however a Golden Tiger male, and here's one of his daughters:

Vietnam Black/Meao Thai X Golden Tiger seeded with Haze as well

picture.php