Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Air circulation for dummies...10x10 room...cat poop stealth

Thread Title Search    
Find out more about Green Gator Filters
 Air circulation for dummies...10x10 room...cat poop stealth Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Yes4Prop215

Yes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivor
Air circulation for dummies...10x10 room...cat poop stealth

10x10 sealed bedroom with a door, running around 6-7 600 watt lamps...sun system 2 hoods. i have no idea what im doing haha. so i drew up this picture for the pros to criticize.

do i even need to pump air through the hoods? a couple friends who have run bigger grows and had the whole ducting setup said that they setup new grows without the fancy air ducting, just oscillating fans and ACs and noticed no difference.

so do i need to run air through the hoods, and what kind of fan do i need? and i know that air pressure looses alot when it goes around a corner..so im assuming i gotta use multiple fans, probably 3 for each line of 600s correct?

no need for canister for smell...cat poop litter box in the next room pretty much removes the smell of cannabis from the outside.

[IMG][/IMG]
Yes4Prop215 is offline   Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
joe fresh

joe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivorjoe fresh is a survivor
running your ducting from light to light will make them "useless" for air cooling, as you go furthur down the chain of lights the air will get hotter and hotter, you should have one intake that splits to serve all the lights, and then the same for your exaust
Quote:
NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT, HE WILL LOWER YOU TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU BY EXPERIENCE
The Fresh spot

Phytophythora - "The Plant Destroyer"

Pythium Root Rot in Soil and Hydroponic Applications

Salt Tolerance of Plants in Soil

Pour Thru Method for testing soil PH and EC

Substrate pH: Getting it Right for Your Crops

Marijuana Documentaries
joe fresh is offline   Quote

Old 11-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Yes4Prop215

Yes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivorYes4Prop215 is a survivor
it would probably be better just to mount a oscillating fan on each hood right? way simpler than the squirrel fan ducting idea, and having the mount all that crap up..

Old 11-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
GanjaIsMyLife

GanjaIsMyLife will become famous soon enough
In a bigger op it seems more ecnomical to forgoe the aircooled hood and inline fans for a bigger ac and tons of oscillating fans, less stuff to set up and buy.

With the air cooled hood you should still be able to get your light closer than with a non aircooled hood.

Do you have an ac unit? What size?

I dont care how gnarly your cat's shit is im sure its not strong enough to overpower a full room of dank kush! Get a carbon filter especially if your already spending this amount of money its chump change compared to the overall investment.
GanjaIsMyLife is offline   Quote

Old 11-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #5
Yes4Prop215

i plan to get a 5500 btu portable AC...i fell like thats enough but who knows if i can find a deal on a 7000 or 9000 might do it.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #6
krunchbubble
Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad At, Just Be Patient....

krunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivor
you can use a air manifold, say like a 12" run of straight tubing in the middle of the room, along the ceiling. 4" runs to all the hoods. i know a hvac place locally that makes whatever you need cheap and fast.....
or dont air cool and use a portable ac, most likely want a 12k btu. now thats its getting colder, they get cheaper on craigslist....
krunchbubble is offline   Quote

Old 11-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
zenoonez

zenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond repute
No on the portable. My advice would be get an overpowered mini-split, install it yourself, have the hvac guy come and charge it and screw the cooling of the hoods. I would take the glass out and push those babies right down on the plants. Get a ton of osculating fans in there and rake in the green. I think you are going to need more lights too but that depends on how full you are getting that room. A ceiling fan would be a good idea too if you can rig up a way to hang the lights without getting tangled in the fan.
zenoonez is offline   Quote

Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #8
Yes4Prop215

^yea too late for the mini split...the grow room is already in bloom so cant get a HVAC guy in there....i like the idea of the portable because i can move it around, etc, and i already had outlets specifically installed for it.

wish i could run more lights like DG does in his grow, but for some reason i always need to carve out paths through the plants because i hand water everything.....a drip system will eventually be installed but for now its all hand water..

Old 11-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
Incognegro
Banned

Incognegro is a glorious beacon of lightIncognegro is a glorious beacon of lightIncognegro is a glorious beacon of lightIncognegro is a glorious beacon of lightIncognegro is a glorious beacon of light
A drip system is soooo easy to set up..

If you're wanting to use an a/c I'd split the a/c and run ducting from a/c into a manifold as KB suggested, and then use the other half to cool room, if you keep the lights cool, the room will be cooler.

And put your fan at the start of the manifold... for that many lights i'd say at least a 6inch, maybe a 8
Incognegro is offline   Quote

Old 11-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
zenoonez

zenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond reputezenoonez has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes4Prop215 View Post
^yea too late for the mini split...the grow room is already in bloom so cant get a HVAC guy in there....i like the idea of the portable because i can move it around, etc, and i already had outlets specifically installed for it.

wish i could run more lights like DG does in his grow, but for some reason i always need to carve out paths through the plants because i hand water everything.....a drip system will eventually be installed but for now its all hand water..
Okay then next time the room is empty I would get a mini-split in there and set up some drippers or rcdwc or something less hands on just for ease.
zenoonez is offline   Quote