What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guatemala Sativa & Repro

Corium

Hi all !! :wave:

I would like to share with you my new adventure with aceseeds and the Guatemala sativa. 12 seeds, I kept 6 fem & 4 males. Setup is under 400w hps.

For the moment, plants have a nice sativa structure, very pratical stretch I find. I can see some pheno more compact and tiny I will update sometimes to give next more advanced feedback.

First 2 weeks:
91352d.jpg

Next, taking clones and go for 12/12 to flowering (soil 3,6L)
d64bb4.jpg

now f+28:
picture.php

6 females

4 males

I hope, it's not too many pics...:bump: Your advice is much much appreciated. Thank you and bye bye :wave:

Respect to Ace & Cbg for, good vibes to all !! :ying:

Astaroth

Hello Corium!
:tiphat:

Indeed, it looks like sativa strains :plant grow:
Now I master thread subscription, make sure I'll be around the corner looking at your grow diary ;)

:dance013: Wish you the best :dance013:

:wave:

Corium

Hello jahgreenlabel & Astaroth, thanks for your words ;)

Stretch is now over I guess, like x4/x5 about 3/4 weeks in total. bye :bump:

Versailles

Very very nice, you're doing it the right way !
Like taking clones before the plants are induced in flowering, a whole dedicated space for this strain and most of all a repro!:tiphat:
Do you increase the room temperatures to fit to their biotop?
I think it can change a lot of things in yield and taste.

My advice : Your males will soon drop their pollen and if the femelles are pollinated too early it may affect yields too much; maybe you could store the precious dust and make the pollenisation 2 weeks later with a little brush...
I ' m also curious if you gonna mix the pollens of all 4?

:ying:ne love

bodymind

Veteran
looks beautiful, i am keeping a close eye on this! i've been wanting this strain for years!

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hola corium,

if you want more info on the strains of guatemala,request locoporo;)

+1 With Versailles for pollen

good vibes bro

Corium

hola ! thanks everybody for advices & comments :)

Do you increase the room temperatures to fit to their biotop?
Not particulary, by day it vary between 25/28° and i try to stay above 16° by night. alright according to you ?

For the male, the pollinisation already begin, but nevermind, yield is not important. I'll keep them few weeks in place because I've put some mini clones recently to make others crosses. (purple haze x panama & others little things by the way...:tongue:) You're right, I never done before but this time I will try to collect and store some pollen ;)

looks beautiful, i am keeping a close eye on this! i've been wanting this strain for years!

Hi, thanks ! guatemala sativa from ace is still available at the boo and directly from aceseeds I think, maybe you should check :canabis:

if you want more info on the strains of guatemala,request locoporo

Thanks for the info ! :smoke:

bye bye all, keep growing ++ :jump:

Corium

hello all :wave:

some news again at f+35 with few pics, I hope you w'ill appreciate :rasta:

Plants continue to grow up. Some differences between the pheno can be detected. I cannot check my plants regularly, and some get somewhat neglected. Until now, I've only one soup and some plants look like much more sensitive than other about fertilizers. :wallbash:

I use metrop line for first time, maybe I should give less concentration of callgreen who seem very effective about nitrogen supply

After 5 weeks 12/12, the pollinisation is going and already, on some fem, the first chalices explose to bring up the seeds.

One more week alive for the male and next I will kill them :violin: All have a different aspect. One is growing very tall, another have a massive prod and two others are more tiny, more leafier too.

Smell get up gently now. Voila, bye bye and good vibes to all :jump:

Versailles

Your "massive prod" male is like the one I choose to make my own crosses...I hope he hits the ladies first!!

But an open pollination will peserve all the traits for the future.:dance013:
Does anyone know wh this strain is a bit more expensive than the others from ace?

ConGratuL

so nice Corium, as always...

Versaille: i guess it's because it's a population, not an hybrid. so it's maybe a little less homogenous but definitely stable.

good polli

Corium

hello everybody :wave:

Thanks all for comments :thank you: Despite my attention, I had some burns fertilizer (MR2 <.5ml/L :spanky:). Fortunately plants look better since the last clean watering. Males were removed. Remain the 6 fems and mini 4 plants which have also benefited from pollen for crossing a bit (ecsd, purple haze x panama, blockhead & lavender :bump:).

Smell is getting really nice now, it remind me my cut of lavender

44 days flowering
picture.php

pheno #1​
picture.php

pheno #2​
I like the structure of this one, grow tall with short nodes :)
picture.php

pheno #3​
One of my favorite, grow tall with very nice sativa buds.
picture.php

pheno #4 (burned)​
picture.php

pheno #5 (burned)​
the more compact and with shortest inter-nodes. I was too optimist with fertilizer on her...
picture.php

pheno #6​
This one is one oh the taller with leaves folded in this quite typical way. Very small production.
picture.php

Good vibes to all & have a nice grow ! :jump:

Astaroth

:tiphat:
Hello Corium,

Nice update, pheno 3 seems healthy and the best for the yield :yes:
No luck for pheno 5 and 6 feeding... But they still look alive :D

Hasta luego
:wave:

GreenMind

Nice to see this. I've got a 15 pack of these in the fridge.

Might have this same project in my future. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Good Luck! I hope you make a whole bushel

GM:wave:

VanVulpen

Veteran
They are looking great indeed, i recognize the growth pattern from the Guawi i had last year... very powerful smoke, some unexperienced friend banged his head to the floor after a couple of tokes, hope they will turn just as nice for you too budy :)