What's new

qwiso from bubble hash

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
is it possible to make qwiso from bubble hash, to avoid that the isoprophyl dissolves the chlorophyll?

does it work goog, or better to use the bud?

THANKS for any help....

Shred42O

why not keep the bubble? but if you are going to do it with bubble you dont need to quick wash you can do a long one because the chlorophyll is mostly gone

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
I just rinsed my screens, razor blade and spoon from making bubble...with some ISO and made some o the finest quick rinse ever... I say try it

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
for example , people who have not the cleanest or purest bubble hash(second or 3rd run)....maybe for people who have mold SPORES or FUNGUS in their plant-material and think that the bubble could contain any of this leftovers....and dont wanna smoke the bubble then

i think, first point is that you dont have a "chunk" of hash....bubble has to be well dried and be like sand/powder in consistency, i think then you could easily clean up the whole thing in making qwiso out of it, without taking out the chlorophyll of the plant material

what do you think?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for example , people who have not the cleanest or purest bubble hash(second or 3rd run)....maybe for people who have mold SPORES or FUNGUS in their plant-material and think that the bubble could contain any of this leftovers....and dont wanna smoke the bubble then

i think, first point is that you dont have a "chunk" of hash....bubble has to be well dried and be like sand/powder in consistency, i think then you could easily clean up the whole thing in making qwiso out of it, without taking out the chlorophyll of the plant material

what do you think?

Yes. A good way to sidestep many of the water soluble issues when extracting with alcohol.

What are you going to use the oil for?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a good idea i might try it one day. it is hard for me to let go of my bubble, but if i ever have a nasty batch

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
Ok...i think i'm gonna try this with parts of my outdoor batch because i had this "leaf spot disease" on a few plants , i will let you know how it turned out ...

I use the oil / qwiso to smoke it with a ti-curve...maybe i experiment and try to do some kind of tincture with the bubble/oil/qwiso...I like to play around with things taken from mother nature ...but I don't like to smoke the infected bud, so it's a good reason to experiment a bit around ...

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
I think it would be a great way to filter any green particulate matter that would be in your water extracted hash.

Dissolve dirty hash in iso, filter through coffee filter. Green particulate matter stay behind, evap iso, scrape your oil.

I say try it. Especially if your hash is green.

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
I just wonder if I loose any weight when using this method with good quality bubble (no green)...normally I use bags 120-45 to get no green in it ...I will give it a try next week and tell you

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just wonder if I loose any weight when using this method with good quality bubble (no green)...normally I use bags 120-45 to get no green in it ...I will give it a try next week and tell you

Yes, you will lose weight when you extract oil from hash. You are removing all the inert ingredients, such as water and the trichome stalks and other cellulose matter.

It will however be just that much more potent per unit volume. The amount that you lose will be in direct proportion to the quality of the hash.

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
today i made a first test with some indoor bubble hash, from consistency it was a chunk and unfortunately not in powder form

so was a bit difficult and complicated to dissolve it in the iso, i left it in the iso for 24 hours...and got like 1/3 of qwiso ....

so i think best way is using powder form bubble and i think when bubble is good quality, it doesn't matter how long it dissolves in the iso...

i think i will do a bigger, 2nd test...and then i first have to do my outdoor bubble to convert into qwiso....will let you know when i begin :wave:

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
2nd test before doing the big outdoor run :

took 2,5g of 2nd-3rd grade bubble hash from tom hill haze plants:

powdered it a bit in the shredder:

and filled it in a glass:

then i took some isoprophyl alcohol and filled it in the glass, too:

i put a lid on the glass and let it soak over night:

thats what it looked like the next morning :

put everything through a coffee filter, onto a plate, and let it evaporate:

then collect with a razor blade :

i got exactly 1,5g of qwiso from 2,5g low grade bubble hash:

this is what the leftover looks like, has a consistency of gypsum, no more resinous and very dry (0,8g) :

i would say, with better bubble, it can be much better, but i did not expect such a good result from this run here ....:dance013:

:tiphat:

jump117

Veteran
i put a lid on the glass and let it soak over night
for more rapid dissolution the solvent should be warmed by immersing the glass with the solvent in hot water
put everything through a coffee filter, onto a plate, and let it evaporate
ready solution before filtering is useful to freeze and the next day to filter out of the solution not only cellulose, but also precipitated waxes and fats.

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
for more rapid dissolution the solvent should be warmed by immersing the glass with the solvent in hot water

i put the lid because i wanted to soak over night and that the solvent does NOT evaporate yet...when immersing and heating the glass, the alcohol evaporates, and that was not what i wanted at that time...

ready solution before filtering is useful to freeze and the next day to filter out of the solution not only cellulose, but also precipitated waxes and fats.

never heard that, can somebody explain why i should freeze the alcohol solution before filtering and why this filters out the cellulose and waxes/fats any better??

or in other words, better freezing the finished solvent before filtering though coffee filter, or using freezing cold alcohol to dissolve the resin (or both?!?) ?

next time i want to use a 0.2µm Posidyne Membrane Acrodisc Syringe Filter to clean the finished solvent from any leftovers that come through the coffee filter before evaporating....

:thank you: for any help

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
You should always freeze solvents so they don't pick up chlorophyll, if your mix turns green your solvent is too warm or you left it in too long.

I just washed 84 grams of dry sieve powder, looked really good, and came out with 31 grams of oil. About 63% of kief is GARBAGE, only 37% came out as high quality filtered oil. When dried the kief looks the same as it did before, except its no longer sticky. If the kief had been pressed into hash it would have been the same result, as the reason hash sticks together is the contaminants in it, not the THC.

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
how long did you let it soak?

i thought when using bubble, there is no more (or not much) chlorophyll that can be dissolved by the iso...so i thought i could soak over night, instead of only few minutes/hours....

next time i use freezing cold iso, and let is dissolve in the freezer :)

(btw...what sieve did you use, what measure size?)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
how long did you let it soak?

The first soak was 60 seconds in frozen acetone, then a rinse with fresh acetone, then a second rinse. Weights were 20 grams, 8 grams, 2 grams respectively.

i thought when using bubble, there is no more (or not much) chlorophyll that can be dissolved by the iso...so i thought i could soak over night, instead of only few minutes/hours....

Bubble is just a simple screen, so yes you do get less or little chlorophyll, but any dirt, dust, plant waxes or vegetation that is the right size will end up in your end product. None of which will get you high, of course.

next time i use freezing cold iso, and let is dissolve in the freezer :)

(btw...what sieve did you use, what measure size?)

Yep that will work fine.

I use 2-3 layers of paper towels in a wire mesh bowl, I make too much of it to use coffee filters (which are also expensive suckers!)

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
does freezing cold alcohol dissolve the resin as good as warm iso? or is there any difference in which temperature the iso has?

because i heard i can use warm alcohol to dissolve the resin, and then freezing the finished solution, and it should have the same effect in taking out the waxes ?!?

jump117

Veteran
I mean use warm alcohol to dissolve the resin fast and after that freezing the solution for the night and filtering through chilled coffee filter.

I've seen this effect many times and posted pix, this techno was under discussion few times, including in my "Absolute Amber" thread, sometimes they call it "winterization".

In various info sources this slime substance which I filtered from frozen solution is called "fats and waxes",
but my unanswered question in AA topic is "why this slime disappeared without leaving any traces after the filter was dryed?"

Resin leaves very obvious traces on a filter after drying, thus the slime wasn't resin and have to be removed.

Using cold alcohol to dissolve the resin takes a long time and requires permanent stirring for ex. 10 hours,
it is very complicated way,
imo, the result will be near the same as after fast dissolving in warm alco and followed by winterization.

Gunnaknow may give the best explanation of the process as he already did. :) Hi Gunna!