Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Archived Breeder Forums > Dutchgrown Seeds > Sweetest Cindy 99 finishing up

Thread Title Search
Sweetest Cindy 99 finishing up Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2010, 07:17 PM #1
Mr.Meds

Mr.Meds has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Meds has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Meds has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Meds has a spectacular aura about
Sweetest Cindy 99 finishing up

Sweetest Cindy 99 at day 56...

I was hoping DutchGrown would have some input on this possible pheno? These respond really well to topping and grow long fat buds without any veg. This is the only pheno I have with rounded flowers and it is the fastest...the other phenos are pointy and one is foxtailing uniquely.

-----UPDATE----newer pics

Old 10-28-2010, 08:57 PM #2
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

unclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivor
unclefishstick has completed 8 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
i would say you have cindy leaning pheno there,but i have never grown cindy and cant say for sure,but my pheno that looked like that was done at about the 8 week point where the one that foxtailed went to 70 days and could have gone longer i think...looks good tho,nice job

Old 10-28-2010, 09:17 PM #3
Dutchgrown
----

Dutchgrown has disabled reputation
I'd be inclined, based on your photo, to say C99 dominance can be seen in the calyx formations and bud structure...and finishes faster?....that's from her C99 side vs the Swt side. Cinderella99 finishes slightly faster than Swt.

How would you describe the aroma are you getting from her?

Here's one of my pics of C99 taken around 45 days.

Nice frost lady you have! Looking oh so delicious! Good job!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:45 PM #4
Mr.Meds

Mr.Meds has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Meds has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Meds has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Meds has a spectacular aura about
Interesting! fast response! thanks! I see the similarities, do you happen to have any sweet tooth#3 pictures Dutch?

Old 10-28-2010, 11:07 PM #5
Dutchgrown
----

Sure do....loads of them in my albums....have a wander through, there's lots of pics in there that I have spent quite a bit of time putting there so folks could view them at their leisure.

I've also got Sweetest Cindy99 in flower now, several phenos...that will soon have their photo session with my Canon...have been a bit under the weather lately to get into the photography mood but soon come.

Maybe you missed my earlier question....how's that pretty gal smell in your pic?

Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 AM #6
Mr.Meds

I'll have to give her a good sniff-down tomorrow. It's hard to describe. Some of the girls sweetness or fruityness has been shifting to something else.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 PM #7
Mr.Meds

I guess it may be grapefruity...It's fruity but not at the same time. sweet & sour...Very hard to describe. This pheno is CLEARLY the fastest finisher of them and is starting to become really dense. I'll take more pictures as the other phenos ripen and after harvest.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:02 PM #8
Dutchgrown
----

Hmm, kinda interesting really. My C99 father was selected for (among other things) a distinct fruity pineapple smell quite noticable in aroma from stem rub...and my select Swt3 (mother) for her sweet candy aroma.

Some folks' noses have a difficult time differentiating between the mix of aromas going on in fresh growing herb that can take on what some refer to as a 'citrus' note. Having said that...of course it's genetically possible that there are some GF recessive genes passed on, from either parental side of Sweetest Cindy99. Imvho...I find GF phenos of C99 to be less interesting from a taste standpoint, basically because the majority of GF phenos from many different varieties I've tried (grown by others) over the years have had a propensity to lose the citrus aroma when dried/cured and don't taste as attractive, to my palate anyway....and thus why I choose to breed more towards the fruity, candy side of things.

On the other hand...GF buds tend to be dense, and can be quite frosty. The only two exceptions to my GF critique that come to mind are a very SPG dom Swt3, or FMS's Grapefruit.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:46 AM #9
Mr.Meds

Interesting indeed Dutch! It's the sweetest/fruitiest smelling grapefruit scent.
Someone actually said pineapple without knowing you had bred for that in the SW.C99 when I asked what they thought. Then I mentioned grapefruit and they leaned more towards that... It's like sour pineapple if that makes sense. I'll be smelling them daily and I'll be sure to post some pictures after harvest & cure =)
Thanks Dutch!

Old 10-30-2010, 02:48 AM #10
Dutchgrown
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meds View Post
Interesting indeed Dutch! It's the sweetest/fruitiest smelling grapefruit scent.
Someone actually said pineapple without knowing you had bred for that in the SW.C99 when I asked what they thought. Then I mentioned grapefruit and they leaned more towards that... It's like sour pineapple if that makes sense. I'll be smelling them daily and I'll be sure to post some pictures after harvest & cure =)
Thanks Dutch!
Power of suggestion perhaps. No worries, as long as YOU like the aroma...buds soon to be harvested...followed by smoking them after a nice cure....that's all that really matters.

Happy harvesting to you...look foward to your pictures.