What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

102 Mother Plants 4k Vertical Stadium

Securityfirst

Once again starting a thread for documentation purposes and for something to look back on.Hopefully it inspires people too! I also wanted to document because we have moved down to 4k vertical instead of the usual 5 or 6k vertical room. The reason we did that is to have less heat and be more efficient. We did 2 runs with 5k and 6k and about 48 mother plants each time and got 8 pds each time. This time it is 102 mother plants and four brand new 1000w hortilux. My estimated yield is 8 pds but hey 12 would be ok too!!Security concerns seem to follow me like the plague so we switched locations for this run. It is a 10 x 16 room built in a garage with a raised floor with a drain. My new grow partner is a former carpenter and knows electrical so that was a lifesaver for me. Switching locations is a hassle but this went relatively smooth. 1500ppm co2 since day one of flower. We vegged for 6 weeks under t-5's and one week under hps. At this particular spot we only have 50 amps to work with btw.

The cost was about 10,000 not including "free labor".

The room

10 by 16 insulated

4 1000w bulbs

4 digital ballasts

1200$ custom made MLC (worth every penny)

Sentinel controller for the co2

50 pd tank of co2

ac is 18,000 btu wall mount.

No carbon yet

No emergency heat exhaust yet

50 gallon resovoir plumbed into the room to a wand for hand water

The strains

50 Chernobyl from Dark Heart Nursery (Oakland) trinity x trainwreck x jack the ripper. 5 different phenos in this batch. Very heathy on delivery.

40 XJ-13 Oakland, Jack Herer (from grow nerd personally many thanks) Anything he touches is gold.:thank you:

5 Blue Dream

5 Romulan

Also have a few "my dog" it is shiva skunk backcrossed into chem D.

Loving these strains.

Here are pictures of room day 15 flower. We started flower 10/6/10

The lights are up on those big red hooks out of the way so we could takes pics and water etc.:wave:
009sr.jpg

009ief.jpg
007ysq.jpg

004zi.jpg
003tdr.jpg

002hgq.jpg
010ote.jpg

C

CFL_Grow

Nice. gluck on your goal im sure you will exceed it. Going to watch this one.

Throwgar

Maintenance must be a bitch! Looking like the equatorial rain forests in there. BTW, what do you think of the lumitek ballasts? I just added my 5th and 6th 1000 watter, both powered by the lumitek. I wish I could have afforded 6 of them.

Securityfirst

M4N and Zendo thanks

Throwgar.......up until now maintenance has been simple. I have a lot more confidence on what is going to happen round 3. My grow partner is a man that can install/fix anything so that makes it easy too! Its funny when I cant afford anything I just sell some weed and then ta dah!! I can afford it. The lumateks have worked well for us so far...

Suomi thanks for stopping in

Dj digigrow...it is a jungle yes..I lollipopped them on day 17...more defoliation to follow.

mdk ktm

looks great! I have the same thing planned in the near future.

What are you using for a medium, and nutes?

Securityfirst

looks great! I have the same thing planned in the near future.

What are you using for a medium, and nutes?

I am using mostly 3 gallon grow bags, however the top tiers house 5 gallon grow bags. You would probably be dissapointed if you used straight coco coir.

I used basement mix mixed with plain "just coir" and I threw in a bag of bat guano just for shits and giggles and also 2 bags or about 6 gallons of earth worm castings. Used about 20 bags of basement mix and just coir all together.

For nutes I vegged with gh 3 part , superthrive, and a must have roots excelerator and dripclean, another must have. For bloom I am using gh 3 part , roots excel, liquid karma and koolbloom powder and dripclean. If I had extra money I would have gone with house and garden lineup like the last 2 times.

D

DHF

That`s a helluva setup SF.....Respect.....and I totally understand about using less bare bulbs to control heat issues , but.......are you sure you`ll get enough lumen penetration into the plants at only 25 watts per sq ft with 5 ft from the centers of the bulbs sideways ?........

160 sq ft needs 8000 watts for minimum 50 watts per sq ft and at least 32000 btu`s of a/c for a dialed environment IME for dense nugs.......Not saying you can`t yield decently with 102 plants cuz plant numbers dictate yield .....period.......

Bare bulbs don`t project down very well and only blast sideways so far before diminishing into less and less lumens per sq ft past a couple ft circumference from the bulbs.....

Saw where you`re planning on cleanin em out underneath and strippin flarf for budsite selection and I`m sure that`ll help , and if yas pull oz and a half per plant you`ll have at least 9 lbs dried and cured per the numbers game........2 oz plants will pull yas 12 lbs +.....that`d be sweet......

I grew krusty buckets with 34 watts per sq ft for over 8 yrs , but when Heath Robinson convinced me to up it to 50 per minimum when I moved into ebb and flow buckets , yields didn`t increase so much as the quality of the end product did.........

Also saw you were limited to amperage on your panel as well so again......I totally understand where you`re comin from and by no means tryin ta tell yas somethin I`m sure you prolly know already.....just puttin it out there for the others ta ponder so they`ll know for future reference.........

I remember the first stadium setup I saw on the forums was almost straight up with narrow walls sideways and long with wall banger 24000 btu a/c`s in both ends controlling the heat.......

200 plus plants on 4 shelves each side and did well over 1 gpw with 5KW in a 6 x 16 room.....seems like it was almost 12 lbs maybe lil less......

Guy handwatered em and could barely get down the middle aisle ta do so after the stretch all the way till finish........Then HG went down and the grow was lost forever.......

Nuttin wrong with GH3 part once dialed as I used it exclusively for 15 yrs inside with dialed results....Tell me bout dripclean`s function........Sure am pullin for yas.....Hope harvey`s twice whatcher lookin for......Good luck.......

Peace.....DHF.........:ying:......

mdk ktm

I am using mostly 3 gallon grow bags, however the top tiers house 5 gallon grow bags. You would probably be dissapointed if you used straight coco coir.

I used basement mix mixed with plain "just coir" and I threw in a bag of bat guano just for shits and giggles and also 2 bags or about 6 gallons of earth worm castings. Used about 20 bags of basement mix and just coir all together.

For nutes I vegged with gh 3 part , superthrive, and a must have roots excelerator and dripclean, another must have. For bloom I am using gh 3 part , roots excel, liquid karma and koolbloom powder and dripclean. If I had extra money I would have gone with house and garden lineup like the last 2 times.

Why would I be disappointed with straight coco?

I use floranova bloom, with floralicious plus, liquid kool bloom, powder koolbloom, and drip clean. I have used coco before and it worked pretty good with that combo?

I like the 8" botanicare trays for dripping, It would be pretty damn cool to run a stadium with them, dripping in hydroton or perlite...

Is it a pain in the ass trying to handwater with those bare bulbs hanging there?

I could see things getting sketchy, i hit my head on hoods all the time, My hair would be melted to the shape of a 1000w hps hahah.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
hahaha that deadbolt is gona stop the swat!!!(joke!)
nice room cant wait too see this monster flower the ish out.

Securityfirst

Why would I be disappointed with straight coco?

I use floranova bloom, with floralicious plus, liquid kool bloom, powder koolbloom, and drip clean. I have used coco before and it worked pretty good with that combo?

I like the 8" botanicare trays for dripping, It would be pretty damn cool to run a stadium with them, dripping in hydroton or perlite...

Is it a pain in the ass trying to handwater with those bare bulbs hanging there?

I could see things getting sketchy, i hit my head on hoods all the time, My hair would be melted to the shape of a 1000w hps hahah.

Sorry, I meant the product "just coir" if you use just coir it tends to need some perlite mixed in as it matts down in the growbags that I use. IMO it suffocates the roots and makes growth slow.

It is not hard to handwater because we take the bulb and socket and tug on it as it is on a yo yo and place the socket up on one of the big red hooks that you can by at home depot.If you look at the plant pics closely they are up on them. I've gotten burned before by the bulbs tho, all part of the game. Mr Celcius has a thread about going blind by looking at the bulbs. I believe him.

Securityfirst

That`s a helluva setup SF.....Respect.....and I totally understand about using less bare bulbs to control heat issues , but.......are you sure you`ll get enough lumen penetration into the plants at only 25 watts per sq ft with 5 ft from the centers of the bulbs sideways ?........

160 sq ft needs 8000 watts for minimum 50 watts per sq ft and at least 32000 btu`s of a/c for a dialed environment IME for dense nugs.......Not saying you can`t yield decently with 102 plants cuz plant numbers dictate yield .....period.......

Bare bulbs don`t project down very well and only blast sideways so far before diminishing into less and less lumens per sq ft past a couple ft circumference from the bulbs.....

Saw where you`re planning on cleanin em out underneath and strippin flarf for budsite selection and I`m sure that`ll help , and if yas pull oz and a half per plant you`ll have at least 9 lbs dried and cured per the numbers game........2 oz plants will pull yas 12 lbs +.....that`d be sweet......

I grew krusty buckets with 34 watts per sq ft for over 8 yrs , but when Heath Robinson convinced me to up it to 50 per minimum when I moved into ebb and flow buckets , yields didn`t increase so much as the quality of the end product did.........

Also saw you were limited to amperage on your panel as well so again......I totally understand where you`re comin from and by no means tryin ta tell yas somethin I`m sure you prolly know already.....just puttin it out there for the others ta ponder so they`ll know for future reference.........

I remember the first stadium setup I saw on the forums was almost straight up with narrow walls sideways and long with wall banger 24000 btu a/c`s in both ends controlling the heat.......

200 plus plants on 4 shelves each side and did well over 1 gpw with 5KW in a 6 x 16 room.....seems like it was almost 12 lbs maybe lil less......

Guy handwatered em and could barely get down the middle aisle ta do so after the stretch all the way till finish........Then HG went down and the grow was lost forever.......

Nuttin wrong with GH3 part once dialed as I used it exclusively for 15 yrs inside with dialed results....Tell me bout dripclean`s function........Sure am pullin for yas.....Hope harvey`s twice whatcher lookin for......Good luck.......

Peace.....DHF.........:ying:......

Yo what up bro?

Good considerations from you. To anyone starting a vert stadium in this type of space I would most def suggest 5 or 6 bulbs ok maybe 5 for a beginner. Especially with 102 HEALTHY MOTHERFUCKIN PLANTS!! We initially installed 6 but then agreed on 5 due to the heat. When we built this room I was straight ballin and could have afforded even a split ac but then the electrical card came up. I dont want any extra heat in my room cant stand it. Then I came into the room one day and my partner had reduced it to 4 lights. I have to respect the man. He turned me on to peyote and rediscovering various good things in life and it is his property so again just working with a partner. So we ended up with 4 lights. I would rather have 5. I however am remaining optimistic about harvesting 12 pds and so is he. Lots of good things can happen in a vert stadium!!

To get an oz and a half a plant would be an extraordinary acheivement for this setup.

Dripclean is a funny product it cleans your grow medium so there is no need to flush at the end. Every joint we smoke burns to a clear grey ash. And that happens with sic no curing as well.:jump:

Securityfirst

hahaha that deadbolt is gona stop the swat!!!(joke!)
nice room cant wait too see this monster flower the ish out.

That is a funny joke. The only mofo's round here that get scooped on cultivation charges are running over 300 plants in their backyard. I've been surrounded by swat several times in my youth. Not too much fun but funny to look back on. Dont you have a tray to go harvest?(joke!)