Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > MICRO HAZE / SATIVA THREAD

Thread Title Search
MICRO HAZE / SATIVA THREAD Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2010, 11:25 PM #1
mostnonymouse

mostnonymouse has a spectacular aura aboutmostnonymouse has a spectacular aura aboutmostnonymouse has a spectacular aura about
MICRO HAZE / SATIVA THREAD

I think the micro forum deserves a thread on how to tame these tricky beasts within the confines of our miniature grow boxes. The fact that we grow mini shouldn't rule out the ability to grow the heady, long-flowering sativa-dom strains we all know and love, so how about we use this thread as a place to share all the successful (and unsuccessful) method's we've used to try to grow these bad girls. I will be starting my first grow under my 150 watt in a mini fridge very soon and will be starting off easy with a strawberry cough clone from a friend. After that, I plan to try a haze and then onto a pure landrace sativa.
mostnonymouse is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 11:35 PM #2
Fuzz420
Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire

Fuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really nice
I grow mine is 16oz cups, under cfl's in two PC's. I start off by lst'ing first, to get some type of non-vertical growth. Once thats established and the new growth is vertical again, i top it and tie it back down. From here on out i wont tie down any more, but ill top again, and any new growth after that point that continues to stretch, ill proceed with supercropping. This is a slow long process, over about a 6-8 week period in flower. Strains were Kali Most and MOD bx(destroyer x kali mist). Ill be updrading to a rubbermaid setup with 250w hps soon, so im anxious to run those again, and then ill add something like "jack"herer f6 and SSSDH. Growing haze is fun
Fuzz420 is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 12:39 AM #3
bonsai
impatient tortoise

bonsai has a spectacular aura aboutbonsai has a spectacular aura aboutbonsai has a spectacular aura about
To grow small plants in general, both from my own experience with bonsai[*] and from what I've read here[^] from multiple people's experiences

* Pinch back heavily during veg (tighter internodes)
* defoliate large leaves during veg -- cut where leaf joins stem, not where stem joins trunk; very important not to damage new growth at base of leaf stem (tighter internodes)
^ Keep as close to lights as possible
^ Move to flower slowly (20/4, 18/6, 14/10, 12/12)
^ Change lights slowly if possible (one CFL at a time)

I'll get a new pic tonight of an Arjan's Haze #3 I'm growing as small as I can manage using the above techniques. It's tiny and 3 weeks into flower
bonsai is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 02:28 AM #4
coloradomedical
I r So silly!

coloradomedical will become famous soon enoughcoloradomedical will become famous soon enough
I am definitely very interested in that arjan bonsai... for sure.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:30 AM #5
coloradomedical
I r So silly!

coloradomedical will become famous soon enoughcoloradomedical will become famous soon enough
Oh, btw. I am totally down for voting this as a sticky Though, there is a lot of knowledge in a lot of other training threads.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:42 AM #6
mostnonymouse

mostnonymouse has a spectacular aura aboutmostnonymouse has a spectacular aura aboutmostnonymouse has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradomedical View Post
I am definitely very interested in that arjan bonsai... for sure.
yea get those pics on here.

Anyone limit size through root-binding and then potting up huge after the initial flowering stretch?
mostnonymouse is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 03:01 AM #7
catman
half cat half man half baked

catman is just really nicecatman is just really nicecatman is just really nicecatman is just really nicecatman is just really nicecatman is just really nicecatman is just really nicecatman is just really nicecatman is just really nicecatman is just really nicecatman is just really nice
Merlin's Magic (Acapulco Gold x C99)

Cab 16x18x28.5''. 150w HPS.

Flower as soon as the clones have a stable root mass.

Top Plants

Sativa goodness.

I did 16oz party cups one time as well.

Bubble Gum - Sativa Pheno

Veg: 24/0. Straight to 12/12 flower. Keep Nitrogen as low as possible during the first 2 weeks. You will need to add some where around week 6 depending on the strain, but be careful to only as little as needed. Control the stretch by the height of the container, topping, and LST.
catman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 AM #8
oldone

oldone has a spectacular aura aboutoldone has a spectacular aura aboutoldone has a spectacular aura about
I just finished a 90 day flower of Arjan's haze #3 here...it was a battle to say the least!

She's supposed to be 80% Laos sativa...she's my first.

OO

personal grows:
OldOne's 4th cab run - PPK/PLL and a mystery clone *finished*
OldOne's 3rd cab run - almost same as 2nd, but better *finished*
OldOne's 2nd cab run - PLL / PPK / Arjan's Haze 3 *finished*
1st PLL / Cab Grow *finished*

fav threads:
Delta9nxs's: passive plant killer
ImaginaryFriend's: INTERPRETATION of Delta9nxs' PASSIVE PLANT KILLERS
ScrubNiga's: The ultimate beginner's guide to PC FANS

the best single line of advice I've seen yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfinger View Post
You also don't want something ridiculous like a lack of patience ruining your grow when there's so many other, more complicated ways to do it. :P
Canada: more square feet of awesome per person than anywhere else in the world. Go TML!
oldone is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:29 AM #9
coloradomedical
I r So silly!

I was going to say oldone, you just need to post your recent grow in here. :P

Old 10-24-2010, 01:20 PM #10
bonsai
impatient tortoise

bonsai has a spectacular aura aboutbonsai has a spectacular aura aboutbonsai has a spectacular aura about
Arjan's Haze #3, 9.5cm tall, day 18 of flower, 54 days from seed. No topping, LST from single point half way up the trunk.
It looks thirsty because it's about to receive a big drink of 1-9-1 guano + fermented flower extract + worm bin juice.

Northern Lights x Haze, 9cm tall, day 18 of flower, 54 days from seed. Topped once, no LST.

These are an experiment, not a crop
It's a test grow using an automated environment monitoring/scheduling/compensation system I designed and built. It's also the first time I've grown anything under lights. Both plants are in orchid pots (excellent drainage, highly recommended) approx 20cm in diameter by 10cm tall. The plants have been transplanted 4 times, starting their lives in seedling tubes and working up. I'm going to let them grow as much as they want from now on, only removing sun leaves that are totally blocking bud sites.
bonsai is offline Quote