What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2.6k hps 9 bucket RDWC

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Hi All :wave:

Well Im back again!!! So after gettin jacked for litterly everything grow related while in the hospital im startin to recoop from it,for those who payed any attention to my last grow it was comin down and mighty nice but my wife went into labor and while we were in there someone broke in and took it AAALLLLLLLL!!! filthy fuckin rats!!!! they took all my plants AAALLLLLLL of em they also took all my nutes and lights,hoods,chiller,rdwc system,fans pumps and the entire harvest besides what i was able to smoke and the fucks just dumped the hydro system out up stairs in the bedroom so i also came back to about 25gallons upstairs and down stairs.

anywho karmas a muther fucker.

so iv re acquiered 2k hps in batwing hoods,600w hps also in a batwing hood,400w hps in a coolsun hood,2 8 bulb 4ft T5's 1 4bulb 4ft T5,another 1/4 hp chiller,fans,carbon filter,another veg tent,some poly,pumps air/water,9 lowes buckets,3/4 vinyl tubing,1/2 vinyl tubing and all sorts of elbows and Tees and E&F fittings,still need MLC-4XT light controller and get it wired. :jump: :jump:

so my space is just over 8x8 and like 9ft tall,this is gonna be a garage run of the last stuff i grew in the rdwc.

my nutes are gonna be sensi grow A&B with some calmag,aquashield and maybe some bushmaster,for bloom im gonna be workin with conni bloom A&B,AN BigBud,AN Bud Candy,AN Nirvana,and GH Koolbloom for a ripener.

I'll get pix up of the build as soon as i can find my camera.

F

firefox

glad to see your back up and running nearly will be waiting and watching for your grow .chair pulled up and good luck all the way:tiphat:

green_thumb...

Veteran
Thanks firefox,I'm ready to get this shit goin asap,I don't know what the strain is but its a pretty fuckin awesome one.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whoever stole your shit was someone close, they knew you were gone...Sorry to hear about the loss, grats on the baby, and grats on getting set backup

green_thumb...

Veteran
whoever stole your shit was someone close, they knew you were gone...Sorry to hear about the loss, grats on the baby, and grats on getting set backup

Yeah but that shit wont happen again,iv already got 9 cameras up and a pistol in every nook and cranny in this bitch.

also thanks for the congrats on my little boy,and i am almost up and running just waiting on a few things in the mail and tryin to sell a couple yota motors to get the mlc-4xt lighting controller.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
WOW thats fucked up. I got motion cameras all over that run to a computers hard drive. Looks like your back in business. Sorry about your loss. Ill be right here to see this one. Picz?

T

Tarus Bulbar

Oh Boy!! Sorry to hear about the rip of Green Thumb!!
On a positive vibe your a dad!!! Congrats!!
Hope to see your room up and running soon!!
Goodluck Good vibes!!!
Cheers bro

green_thumb...

Veteran
WOW thats fucked up. I got motion cameras all over that run to a computers hard drive. Looks like your back in business. Sorry about your loss. Ill be right here to see this one. Picz?

yeah i need to find a security system like that,im gettin pretty darn close to to back in action and picz right up!!

Oh Boy!! Sorry to hear about the rip of Green Thumb!!
On a positive vibe your a dad!!! Congrats!!
Hope to see your room up and running soon!!
Goodluck Good vibes!!!
Cheers bro

thanks Greenadian,im very happy to be a pop,and room is almost up and going.

CIMG9863.jpg

got 2 k hung need to spread em out so i can get the 600 in the middle
CIMG9862.jpg

got another evc-2 controlling my veg tent at the moment,was thinking of using that flip box with the 2k but im just gonna run 2 ballast
CIMG9861.jpg

my fan and carbon filter,got the same shait i had last time,it worked great
CIMG9859.jpg

and my 9 bucket config. wiating on fittings and elbows/Tee's

CIMG9860.jpg

and this is the strain thats going in,this bud was upon the jacked ones it was my last rdwc project
CIMG9291.jpg

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Nice looks great. Hey check out my 5 PPP grow. I'm having problems with drainage and feed lines? I thought I should ask the professional. Thanks. PS I'm a Halo only player if your interested. Gamer tag - john halo13

green_thumb...

Veteran
Lol GWE I'm a noob just like you,I'm no pro,just a efficient researcher and I'm pretty good at building shit and seeing how things work in my head kinda like a CAD system..

greenwithenvy

Veteran
I try to think like that and i am also a builder. Im a maintenance man. I just figured that this system would work even better than the last. Theres always something. Thanks for the info in my thread. I think ill be making something like that ring.

green_thumb...

Veteran
I try to think like that and i am also a builder. Im a maintenance man. I just figured that this system would work even better than the last. Theres always something. Thanks for the info in my thread. I think ill be making something like that ring.

yeah im actually trying to think up something simular but a little different like using 2 or 3 1/2"-1/4" Tees like 1 on each side of the bucket or something.

I got my fittings this morning so time to bust out a 9 bucket rdwc system today.

I'm still tryin to figure out if i just wana get a 1200gph mag drive pump to run the entire system or just get another 633gph and run 2 of those to the 9 buckets?

what do you guys think?

also i got the 600 hung in between the 2k's check it out...

CIMG9880.jpg

CIMG9875.jpg

CIMG9873.jpg

green_thumb...

Veteran
ok here we go GWE!!! heres a little picturial ov my build

they should be self explanitory but i will add notes.

CIMG9883.jpg

1-1/4" hole saw
CIMG9886.jpg

CIMG9887.jpg

CIMG9889.jpg

De burred on the left and burred on the right,i also take a flame to smooth it out completely
CIMG9891.jpg

3/4" E&F fitting,10/bag for like $8
CIMG9892.jpg

CIMG9894.jpg

Tee's & Elbows layed out for 3/4" vinyl measurements
CIMG9895.jpg

6pcs 20" long 3/4" DIA
CIMG9898.jpg

9pcs 2.5" long 3/4" DIA,connects elbows and Tee's to bucket outlets
CIMG9899.jpg

see...
CIMG9900.jpg

all buckets fitted with 3/4" drainage
CIMG9901.jpg

CIMG9902.jpg

RC lexan body reamer,works tits!! these holes are for the 1/2" feed lines

CIMG9903.jpg

CIMG9904.jpg

this is the feed line manifold,i cut a 4ft length of 1/2" vinyl and spliced Tee's where the buckets were
CIMG9905.jpg

i then added 17" lengths of 1/2" vinyl to the tees,these will hook up to the elbows in the buckets
CIMG9907.jpg

installed
CIMG9908.jpg

CIMG9912.jpg

CIMG9913.jpg

hope this helps anyone who gets into rdwc,this system worked almost flawlessly last time.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Thats basically what i did. The feed line manifold was just up instead of down and the lines ran strait accross instead of up to the top of the buckets. Ive rebuilt my feed line agian and still the same prob.

BigGreen

Veteran
Nice to see ya back in action
Man thats some fucked up shit. Now you know dont tell anybody shit. Sometimes you have to but I try to keep it to family if I really need a hand.
Well the new room looks like its gonna be better off for ya. Get em up and running and blow them bitches up
BG

green_thumb...

Veteran
thanks BG!!!! the enthusiasm is appreciated. yeah still need to order some things,waiting on funds to catch up to the project.

last run with the 4 bucket rdwc i got roughly 16+ oz under 1k hps and i didnt have a chiller for the first 3 weeks AND i burnt em,this run should be cake walk as i still have all my notes and i reacquired that strain from a buddy. this run im shootin for 5-6oz per plant under 2600w hps maybe 3k if i can score another 1000w 240v ballast.

I also re acquired that LVPK from a buddy i gave 2 of those 10 cuts to so thats back in my garden just only 3" tall and in soil.

so next run should be pretty sick,thinking 8 mystry kush haze and 8 LVPK all rdwc unless i can afford a UC set up then I'll do a side by side with the LVPK UC vs RDWC same strain same nutes.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
whats up gt glad to see ya back up and just wanna say those pics of the setup bein put together are great and gonna help loads of ppl. props to u for takin the time to do it. im gonna be puttin a recirc system 2 gether in a few wks and this just made it that much easier. best of luck what is the strain u runnin first in it. the lvpk is gonna kill . i just startin to flower myne now for the first tyme and cant wait to see her for herself.
best of luck with ur new setup even though it sux that it has to be new, good karma ur way and may that sob who got ya shit get his.
also i been using the conni line for 7 harvests now and love it.

Boosted

Dont know if you have filled the system with water yet, but from my experience I can tell you it is most like going to leak at threads of the drain fittings without the aid of teflon tape. It does not appear that you have done so. It will be a lot easier to do this now vs. when the system if full. Just thought I would add.

MyGreenToe

Boosted if you look closer, you'll see the threads aren't doing the sealing, the gasket is, on the inside of the bucket.

Looking great green thumb! That's the kind of rdwc flow setup I like best, you will do great this round I bet! Can't wait to see how it goes.

Keep it Green
MGT