Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Maj.Cottonmouth's First Vertical Grow

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Maj.Cottonmouth's First Vertical Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2010, 03:49 AM #1
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

Maj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant future
Maj.Cottonmouth's First Vertical Grow

Welcome all!

I am changing up a couple of things and I have decided to go all hydro as well vertical for my fifth go round.

I have seven 5 gallon buckets with a 27 gallon controller and a 550 GPH pump feeding 1/2" lines straight to each bucket that are restricted to 1/4" inside the bucket. Drain system is 3/4" with two paths back to the controller.

Getting this RDWC setup so it doesn't leak took a lot more time than I expected and damn near killed me not to mention the wasted money but hey the damn thing works now

You can see the three different iterations I went through in my album for this grow before finding one that works.

I am not quite done yet but getting very close so I thought I would start my grow log now.

I started germinating the following seeds on 10/14 -
1x Nirvana Feminized White Castle
1x GHS Feminized Cheese
1x GHS Feminized The Church
2x Nirvana Maui Waui
4x Mosca Negra C99 BX-1

If they all pop I will be gifting one of the Maui Waui and one of the C99's to a friend.

Picture time

Working drain system and feed side that will leak

Feed side changed to all 1/2" and no freakin' leaks

Controller bucket and feed line

Pipe insulation almost done

The lights, 3x 400 watt CMH

Rehung the carbon filter

I still need to cover the buckets with Reflectix and run some extension cords for two of the air pumps and the ac.
Maj.Cottonmouth is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:33 AM #2
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

Maj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant future
Finished up everything except putting the hydroton and plants into the net pots.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:25 PM #3
redspaghetti
love machine

redspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud of
tagged let see how these babies gonna turn out maj.

cheers,
red.
redspaghetti is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2010, 10:30 PM #4
TrichyTrichy

subscribed

Old 10-22-2010, 08:07 AM #5
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrichyTrichy View Post
subscribed
Welcome TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by redspaghetti View Post
tagged let see how these babies gonna turn out maj.

cheers,
red.
I am pretty excited (and scared shitless) about this run

Thanks for stopping by, much appreciated.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 AM #6
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

10/21/2010

So the Cheese seed has not popped and I killed the Maui Waui #1 sprout when I was trying to get the shell off of it. (might have been a wee bit drunk but I was emboldened because I had just successfully gotten the shell off of the Church seed.)

On with the pics

Left side

The Church

C99-BX1 #1

C99-BX1 #3

Right side

White Castle

C99-BX1 #2

C99-BX1 #4

Maui Waui #1 & #2 - #1 is the probably dead one sitting on top

Old 10-22-2010, 08:34 AM #7
whodair
Banned

whodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.Cottonmouth View Post
So the Cheese seed has not popped and I killed the Maui Waui #1 sprout when I was trying to get the shell off of it. (might have been a wee bit drunk but I was emboldened because I had just successfully gotten the shell off of the Church seed.)
ahhh a little drunken gardening mishap ?? i was hammered and lost my balance, ended up crowd surfing over my garden while crushing plants and smashing buckets...so you did pretty good maj cottonmouth !!!
whodair is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2010, 01:32 AM #8
InNvBoarder
Legalize It!

InNvBoarder has a spectacular aura aboutInNvBoarder has a spectacular aura aboutInNvBoarder has a spectacular aura aboutInNvBoarder has a spectacular aura aboutInNvBoarder has a spectacular aura about
Im stoked to see how this work out for you maj!

Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 AM #9
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

Thanks everyone

Finally some action in the garden worth showing, had some early issues with water temps getting too high and the water would start getting funky and I would change out all the water and refill. I fill my system with straight out of the tap water and the pH is 8.1 to 8.4 and I have to pH down it over a few days until it stabilizes so the poor little plants were getting bounced all over the place. Shit is settled down now because I spent $350 I don't have on a chiller but it will be worth it, hell it already is. pH is stable at 5.7, water temps drop to 66 at lights off and run at 70 with lights on. EC has been .4 but I will be feeding soon. I plan to bump up to around .6 and see what they do. Anyway, pics.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:00 PM #10
redspaghetti
love machine

redspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud of
finally we got some update from you ahhha, bout time!

ladies looking good maj, plz keep on update so i can watch them ladies grow up

cheers,
red/
redspaghetti is offline Quote