What's new

YUCCA EXTRACT

Craven_au

I was just at my local hardware store looking for a drain cleaner and found this a organic non-toxic drain cleaner made from the Yucca plant contains vegetable steroids that act as a catalyst to aerobic bacteria helping to speed the natural breakdown of organic wastes.

No Drain Smell (ORGANIC) http://www.heinigerhg.com.au/products/plumbing.html

Which got me thinking can this product or YUCCA EXTRACT be used instead of ZYME and how well would it work with molasses in coco? I did a search and found that it is being used for organic tea and more.

http://greenplantfuel.com/products/liquid-yucca-extract/

from swampdank thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=74843&highlight=yucca
YUCCA EXTRACT:

THIS EXTRACT FUNCTIONS IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:

Wetting Agent (or Soil Penetrant)

Makes the fertilizer solution and water "wetter" by reducing its surface tension and thus assisting the plant nutrients in penetrating the root zone more quickly.

Soil Flocculant

For best plant growth the soil should be in a "crumb" like form, rather than Fine Grained ot hard adobe-like particles.
The crumbs are known as "flocs".
The YUCCA helps promote the formation of the soil "crumbs" and thus open up the soil for better plant absorption of nutrients and water.

Botanical Chelate

The base also function as a chelating agent in that it helps grasp the trace elements already in the soil and prevents their being leached out or locked up.
There are synthetic chelate's, but the botanical chelate's furnished in the organic base are of greater benefit.

Trace Elements

Minor Elements are available ion small amounts in the yucca base.
Iron, Zinc, Manganese and Copper are but a few minors that have been found in the extract base.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Therm X70 Yucca Extract:
Yucca extract not only makes sprays stick to crop foliage, it is also a great nutritional foliar in itself.
The active ingredients are steroid saponins which are complex sugar structures which help plants assimilate nutrients and develop stress resistance.
When Therm X70 is applied to a stressed area, effects are noticeable immediately.
.25 tsp/gal per foliar application when Therm X70 is applied alone or in combination with other foliar materials.
Product foams heavily and should be added last...
Can also be sprayed on the soil as a soil penetrant and stress aid.

http://www.groworganic.com/item_PSA000_Therm_X70_Yucca_Extract_Quart.html
http://www.biconet.com/soil/thermX70.html
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

An excellent selection of Organic Fertilizers @ Peaceful Valley Farm Supply
http://www.groworganic.com/browse_all.html?sCategory=347

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Liquinox" brand of fish emulsion has a ten percent Yucca extract base as do their other (mostly non-organic) products.
Their 0-10-10 Bloom Booster companion (to the emulsion) product offered also has a 10% Yucca cactus extract base.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Yucca Root Powder"
( "YUCCA SCHIDIGERA" ) is a commonly available nutritional supplement.

LOL, I hate it when that happens. ;) :D

:)

So guys is any one using YUCCA EXTRACT in coco?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
yucca is actually in a few things earth juice catalyst is one for example...

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
thx for dropping in clackamas coot :thank you:
Craven_au

You're welcome.

I can speak to the overall quality of this product as I've been using this specific yucca extract for over 4 years.

Recently I found a source for 'yucca root powder' which differs from the various yucca extract products in that it's made from the root vs. the leaves.

Probably a difference without distinction in the whole scheme of things.

HTH

CC

floral

Bought a quart of yucca extract last year and it's still 99% full. Trying to think of more ways to use it so I get some more benefit out of it before it gets old. Assume it won't go bad anytime soon, but I prefer to use fresher ingredients - too bad the place where I got the yucca didn't have individual-sized containers. Started spraying it on dry patches on our property to enhance soil texture, though biochar has drastically reduced the number of dry patches so that'll only help a little. I have been adding it to foliar feeds but in very small concentration, and a drip or two to enhance fungal growth in compost teas.

What else are you all using it for?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well tanker truck is just a wee bit too much, do you sell anything smaller than a 5g pail?

Bought a quart of yucca extract last year and it's still 99% full. Trying to think of more ways to use it so I get some more benefit out of it before it gets old. Assume it won't go bad anytime soon, but I prefer to use fresher ingredients - too bad the place where I got the yucca didn't have individual-sized containers. Started spraying it on dry patches on our property to enhance soil texture, though biochar has drastically reduced the number of dry patches so that'll only help a little. I have been adding it to foliar feeds but in very small concentration, and a drip or two to enhance fungal growth in compost teas.

What else are you all using it for?

Spurr was/is testing out surfactants alone as pest control on Logical Gardener. You may enjoy reading his observations or giving him a poke to see how it went.

I just got some Peak Harvest Calmag (my calmag+ kept going bad) that contains Yucca. The Yucca in the new calmag makes my rez super foamy. I am only adding 3 ml/gal as recommended. Does the foam cause any negative effects?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beyond creating a bit of a crust i dont believe there are issues.

A wetting agent in nutrient solution is beneficial to my thinking, especially with peat based medium.

Granger2

Veteran
Speaking of foaming, I used a little yucca in an ACT once-ONCE. Reminded me of I Love Lucy. Thick waves going down the side of my tall 15 gal tank, way overflowed my overflow basin. Good luck. -granger