What's new

Bueno Time's Vertical 150 w/ CFLs Cab & Grows

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well the time has come to start my own thread for my cabinet and grows. I hope that I learn and that viewers will learn as well because that is what it is all about at the end of the day. I will try to keep the rambling to a minimum and get to business.

The cab I am using has 14"x22"x57" inside dimensions and a usable grow space of roughyl 14"x22"x36". The basics of my ventilation are 6 2" I.D. PVC pipes with 90 degree elbows for intake, 1 120mm pc fan hung below the wire rack, an 80mm pc fan for the cooltube, and an 80cfm Panasonic Whiser Fan with homemade scrubber tray. Lighting consists of a 150hps vertically in a cooltube in the center of the cabinet and two 42w daylight "blue" CFLs so roughly 234 watts in 2 sq feet or roughly 117 watts per sq ft! HEHE A little overkill but I like it and more importantly so do the plants and my temps stay in the mid to upper 70s.

A pic of the cab from the outside.

picture.php

A pic of the cab from the outside in dark room.
picture.php

A pic showing the socket end of cooltube and top of plants.
picture.php

A pic of the cab empty to show how this is setup.
picture.php

A pic of the Utility Area.
picture.php

A pic of the intakes.
picture.php

A pic with the plants in.
picture.php

A pic showing the bottom of cooltube with 80mm pc fan sealed to end with foil tape (a little ghetto but it works great).
picture.php

A pic to show the bottom of the scrubber where the air gets sucked in and out the exhaust.
picture.php

Temperature/Humidity
picture.php

A pic of the rear of the cab. Very stealth nothing mounted on back or sticking out. You can only see where i used crappy ductape to seal the exhaust to the back wall and should probably fix that...
picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is my 5th grow overall and my 2nd grow in this cab. This will be my second and last run of autos atleast for now. I have 3 auto seeds left but 13 different kinds of photoperiod strains to run so that is going to be fun and exciting as well. There are four autos in the cab. 2 Buddah Seeds White Dwarfs, 1 Short Stuff Seeds Blue Himalaya Diesel, and 1 Dinafem Haze.

A group shot White Dwarfs Day 45, Blue Himalaya Diesel Day 30, and Haze Day 22 from seed.
picture.php

Dinafem Haze at Day 22 from seed. Lank SOB! Smells real lemony.
picture.php

Blue Himalaya Diesel Day 30 from seed. Smells like diesel...
picture.php

And some pics of the White Dwarfs they are 45 days old from seed. Second grow of these. Smells very fruit but kinda weird. Smells like bananas and rotten meat...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Plenty more pics to come as my grows continue. Also have pics of last grow probably post some pics of the harvested buds and stuff like that as well as updates so stay tuned this is going to be fun!

:thank you:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Fantastic work on the cab Bueno Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love it !!
plants seem to love it too!!! I still have Onyx seeds I've never tried..Have you??
Anyways, I am very happy you started a thread bro!! You have helped me so much!!
Take care

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks alot guys Im glad you like it. I am really liking the vertical setup. Ill have more pics to post when I am not so lazy. :)

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fantastic work on the cab Bueno Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love it !!
plants seem to love it too!!! I still have Onyx seeds I've never tried..Have you??
Anyways, I am very happy you started a thread bro!! You have helped me so much!!
Take care

Never grew the Onyx but I have heard that it is a good yielder and a pretty good smoke as well.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok people I put together a little strains list of the beans I have. Needless to say I wont need to order any for a long time...

Feminized
Green House Seeds K Train (Trainwreck x Original Kush)
Green House Seeds Damn Sour (Sour Sage Hybrid)
Wolrd of Seeds Legend Collection Strawberry Blue (Pure Strawberry x New Blue Line)
World of Seeds Landraces Pakistan Valley (Pure Landrace from Pakistan Kush Zone)
DNA Genetics Sour Cream (Original Sour Diesel x G13 Haze)
DNA Genetics Lemon Skunk
Reserva Privada Kandy Kush (OG Kush x Trainwreck)
TH Seeds A-Train (Afghanistan Mazar I Sharif x Arcata E-32 Trainwreck)
TH Seeds Wreckage (Arcata Trainwreck x S.A.G.E)
G13 Labs Pineapple Express

Regulars
White Label Seeds White Skunk (White Widow x Super Skunk)
Paradise Seeds Belladonna (Super Skunk x Mostly Sativa Male)

Auto Feminized
Short Stuff Seeds Blue Himalaya Diesel
Short Stuff Seeds Snowryder
Dinafem Roadrunner

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I figured that since I dont need the cooltube to keep the heat from the bulb out of the cabinet I made a cylinder out of some metal screen material I have left (hardware cloth). I put the 120mm pc fan on the bottom of the cylinder blowing upwards over the bulb and temps in the cab remain the same and it is quite a bit brighter now that the light isnt going through the glass tube. I will get some pics up in a little bit of what I have done. The screen basically performs the function of the glass tube by keeping the leaves off the bulb and it doesnt reduce light intensity like the glass does. I will be saving the tube for either a dual 150 hps or 250 or maybe even 400 cabinet that I might make in the future.

Penguin59

Wow man you really know the meaning of the world 'stealth'! I love how secret this grow is but also how well ur cab blends into ur room. You've got everything covered from the exhaust smell to the intakes, to the separate utility area. You've also got some kick ass plants to show for it, very impressive.

Have you considered using the scrog technique in any future grows? Might be something to think about.

Penguin

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have only done one scrog so far and that was with a 400 MH. I thought about doing a scrog but when I saw someones results using a 150 vertical in roughly the same space it got me excited to try some "verticalness". I think I am going to be vertical for next grow but really not sure yet. I plan to either top after 3rd node and LST 2-4 bushes so I have 6 main colas on each of the plants LSTd around the cylinder so I would have 6 fat main colas on each plant positioned around the cylinder and assume that I could get a larger yield that way than doing a flat scrog in the cab since it is only 2 square feet of screen space which is kind of small I feel like I can maximize no only the available light from the bulb in all directions but also more budding area if done correctly than a flat scrog could do in 2 sq ft. I might change my mind but for now that is what I am thinking and have seen done in vertical setups I have looked at. I would love to do a scrog in the future though I love them they just take so long to veg...

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time for some more pictures and a little update!

I took out the glass tube and made a cylinder or metal screen material and put that in to keep the leaves off the bulb. I used the 120mm fan on the bottom of that instead of the 80mm that was on the bottom of the glass tube simply for more airflow over the bulb to keep it cool. Temps are the same in the screen area as with the glass tube but there is some yellowing pretty bad especially on the Dinafem Haze in the area where the bulb is located I assume it is bleachin out the chlorophyll because it is a little too intense that close to the bulb (not heat but too many lumens). Thats just my guess though I wish my cab was square shaped footprint rather than rectangular so I could have equal distance from bulb to walls all the way around so the plants are cramped in there around the cylinder and probably a little too close in some areas. I tied the Haze back to the dowels better to keep the area that is yellowing a little further back off the cylinder. I dont like the way that Haze has grown since day 1 anyway I would no recommend that strain it is lanky and the leaves grow weird until they are older then they flatten out hard to explain but also it takes 11 weeks from seed an for an auto that is a little outrageous IMO and the buds seem to be forming smaller and slower than any of the other autos I have tried so far.

picture.php

Pics taken on 10-10 Day 51 (White Dwarfs) Day 36 (Blue Himalaya Diesel) and Day 28 (Dinafem Haze).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Blue Himalaya Diesel (I can see the NYCD in the bud structure already no blueberry or kush smells yet smells more like diesel than anything. Fan got ahold of another leaf if you notice the chunks missing toward the bottom.)
picture.php

Dinafem Haze - Looks pretty ugly I wont lie...had a ph issue earlier that was fixed when I got my new meter 5 days or so after the issue arose and the light bleaching out the leaves up top more you can see. Streched quite a bit and all the bud growth is near the top you can see that in the second pic I think it has reflected its Sativa side of the cross to say the least.
picture.php

picture.php

And some budshot I dont remember if I ever posted yet or not from a few days ago. These are the White Dwarfs.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My camera sucks at life and doesnt do macros so sorry about the crappy close up attempts. :laughing:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where did you find that treasure of a cabinet, anywho? if you dont mind my asking :D

Are you ready for this...Wal-Mart! I think it was about $56 after tax. Its "fake" wood laminated particle board but I didnt want to buy a nice piece of furniture if I was going to cut holes and crap in it anyway.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
sweet deal on the cab Bueno!!
very smart idea too in not buying expensive furniture...I thought the same thing so thats why I got one from the thrift store:)
hows your plants coming along??
take care bro:)

Latest posts

Latest posts