What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Help choosing bubblebags

<>AXLE<>

Hello IC,
I am looking to purchase some bubblebags, and am curious as to which set is best for me. At the most I have 4 plants at a time to trim so I dont really get too much trim. Can I get away with using 1 gal bags, or do I get the 3 bag 5 gal set? Any thoughts or experience you all have on this will help thanks all.

KanMan

I use the XXXTractor bags 5 gallon set 3 bag system and it works real well.
They paid for themselves the first batch i made with them. I use to use a two bag set but i prefer the 3 bag set myself.

Good Kannabis Growing!

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
From what I have heard in the complaints area is that the one gallon bags are more difficult to work with when you have more than a few. Four plants would make a nice batch for the five gallon kit. Others complained it was hard to find a suitable bucket size and shape for the one gallon, not the same issue with the five gallon size.

As far as how many bags? Sure the three bag system works but ask anyone that has the multibag system and they'll tell you about better ranges of full melt and their variety of hash from a single run.

As for the bag mfg's out there, put down the pipe and come out with a 100u bag already.

G

Hey wassup Axle :wave: if you dont have the money now just get the 3 bag set(but get the 5 gal ones from SeedBay or BubbleMan ) you can always buy a bag to add on,there pretty much the same price for one as when you buy them all.Thats what i did,i have 5 bags now cuz i added two and i get great melty hash,but i will be adding the last 2 bags soon,just waitin for my O Kief BHO tube to get here so i can try some Oil makin's then mix it with some Bubble(can we say Jelly...yumm,lol).Good luck Bro.Peace DWW

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we love our bubblebags...we have the 5 gallon size and the 7 bags, we use all the bags but sometimes we take out the 190 bag, dont really need that one all the time, there are also schwag bags that are just as good and a little bit cheaper, i think, but either way you go cant go wrong, bubblebags are the greatest ever!

G

Them's SourBubble Terd's,lol.I wonder if thats what it looked like when Chong had to follow his Lab around for day's so he could get his stash back man,lol.Betcha Cheech n Chong woulda loved to have them some BubbleBag's back in the day :woohoo: .Peace DWW

<>AXLE<>

Thanks for the replys all. I am going to go with the 5 gal 3 bag kit, as BB said I can always add more bags. I was thinking the 1 gal bags would be a bit hard to work with, so if the 5 gal bags are easier that makes up for the extra cost.

Yup <>AXLE<>, you cant go wrong with any of the 5 gal sets, i have the older 6 bag kit[no 120u bag] and in the 4 years i've had them i've made lotsa bubble and they still look like new, one of the best stoner toy investments i've ever made :smile:

Happy Bubbling :D

:Bolt:

G

I had the 5gal 3bag set and loved it. I got the Bubbleman bags and they are super strong. I plan on buy another set, since the cops have my set now. As long as you keep them clean after using them and don't through any stems in there. They are going to last forever. I really liked the 3bag set alot. Bubbleman did a great job making these bags. Looking forward to running a large bag of trim through a washer maching and then pumping the water through the bubble bags. Can't wait to see how that worls. Enjoy your bags, because you'll be happy with them.
Take care

I have both the 1 and 5 gal. 7 bag Bubblebag kits. I use the 1 gal. pretty much exclusively. I trim 5 to 7 plants per harvest which gets me two good runs thru the 1 gal. kit. I find the smaller bags easier to work with when it comes to bending the sides down after pulling the bags. The larger bags are stiffer making it harder to access the screens. If I’m going to run 3 or 4 ounces, I’ll use the 5 gal. kit, but for anything less, I’ll use the smaller bags. For a 1 gal. bucket, I use a plastic ice cream bucket, fits perfectly.

Forfingoz

Last edited:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
If money is an issue i'd get the 1 gallon 7bag set and order a 220µ work bag in 5 gallon size. For larger batches use the big bag for the mixing, and then pour the water through the 1 gallon bags.

raygun

That sir, is a great idea! Especially for those of us who run cab style grows.
Thanks
~raygun~

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a five gallon bucket for mixing and then pour everything through my 7 bag set. I try not to mix much while in the bag as it is tough even on the mixing bag.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Mrs Babba is right, the 190u is overkill as theres no good reason to seperate the trash between the working bag and the 160u bag. Its not like its going to taint the 120u bag which I find isnt all that great to begin with.[ must be my lights ] So I keep the 190u bag as an unused spare working bag should the 220u blow out.

Latest posts

Latest posts