What's new

My Double 28 gallon plastic totes OFF GASSING...

Endur

Veteran
He is my situation, I am a semi micro grower, and decided to move from a small PC case, with 3 24 watt CFL's, to a 100 HPS double stacked 28 gallon totes.
My problem started 2 weeks into flowering. The plant was lush and healthy. Then out of no where, the leaves started to look like over fertilized, and starting to get dis colored. The tops were looking nice too, but after the following week of flowering, the buds were not looking right. They are really small and immature. I knew something was not right.
I checked soil, PH, temps, water, ppm, tds, everything.
then i starting to think how the totes really smelled strong of fresh melted plastic. I looked into the threads about the tents, and hose that have been giving other growers problems.
So my conclusion is... these totes are not good for growing in.
Tell me what ya think?

The 2 totes...
picture.php

The Damage...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Disappointing flowers...
picture.php

picture.php

ohh the strain..Sativa Seeds .Raspberry Cough (Fem)

peace
Endur

compost

I just used those containers for grow pots(with thousand quarter inch holes in it). Can't say they were off gassing though. Went 5 weeks veg and 10 weeks flowering in a 85+ degree room.

compost

thousand is just an estimate but yes. I drilled holes about an inch apart over the entire container. I didn't like the big air or smart pots for what I am doing.

Are you running hydro in that setup? If so I would be curious what your water temps are.

Latest posts

Latest posts