What's new

Just add water

Y

Yankee Grower

Putting this thread up mainly for a friend here at IC to show him something. What you see is a plant brought full term in a small pot by just adding water...no top dressings, bottle feedings, etc...only water mainly but found out he did use a bit of tea leftovers like twice. This is truly 100% organic done mainly with recycled soil, compost and worm casting plus a few 'tricks' :D

Hey bro...I think you can easily do this in a 500 gallon pot and probably no worrying about root issues...heh heh. This is a friend's male he's using to make some personal stash.

picture.php

I

Iron_Lion

thats pretty amazing, here is a pic of the male I did in the same size pot using fox farm soil and water, this guy was in a dark corner of the closet, might have been able to get him bigger if he had more light.

NSPB

I am a firm believer in the concept of plants being grown with everything all ready mixed into the medium. Just add water, is as simple as it gets...

All kinds of different ways to achieve that result...

NSPB

Y

Yankee Grower

Found out he did use a bit of left over tea twice but mainly driven by the concentrated nute layers and spikes.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I agree with NSPB. Everything is in the soil so i just have to water. The only time i ever add things is if they need it or i feel they could use a boost(transplant or trans-stage).

NSPB

I add 17 different things to my soil mix in order to get a truly just add water mix, that is not missing anything...

I've known people that only add 3 or 4 things to their mix and achieve similar results.

Like I was saying, there are MANY countless ways to amend any medium...

NSPB

Y

Yankee Grower

i like to think the possibilities are endless :)
As many ways as there are growers and never implied what I posted is 'the' way to do organics...just 'a' way...lol.

I should change the thread title though cause he did use a bit of tea leftovers.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep, im a 'just add water' grower nearly all the time - i use much bigger pots that that though which imo is the secret ;)

because i run new strains from seed regularly i do keep a bottle of some bloom fert handy just in case i mis-judge the mix for a particular new strain, but 90% of the plants i grow just get water (pH'ed to around 6 with citric acid of course :D )

major nutes, your NPK's are best covered by at least two different amendment i have found, but i keep the 'variables' in my mix down to just two things - N guano and P guano - everything else is exactly the same for all my mixes

VG

IGrowMedicine

Cool thread guys. I just finished up a grow in LC's mix with the blood/bone/kelp/greensand with pretty good results. I want to start incorporating rock phosphates, azomite, and guanos into my mix as well. Would any of you mind sharing your different water only soil mixes,

Y

Yankee Grower

i use much bigger pots that that though which imo is the secret ;)
Do you use any concentrated nute layers or spikes and not just rely on global additions?

That's a different secret...lol. Layers and spikes rock indoors and out.

I'm not saying peeps 'should' 'just add water' or grow in smaller containers...just another way of doing things then you don't need to push your mix too much and can cool it down a bit. You can also set up a container for multi-month growing and even do veg and flower in the same pot if you wish :)

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
YG- I'm assuming you're speaking of vertical nute layers throughout your mix. Anything more to say on that? In a large diameter outdoor bed, might it be beneficial to 'layer' the nutes differently, outward, and not necessarily throughout the soil depth?

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Here's a water only plant - the seed meal that I always used was fermented down to <2.8 pH

Not to worry though because I'll be 'flushing' with molasses! LMAO

5018590090_1621699e3f.jpg

5018590090_1621699e3f.jpg

partly cloudy

i just finnished out a grow with only organic soil and water. fantastic!

I used a comercial bag of organic soil 4.99 usd from a home store, no nutes whatsoever, only what was in the soil..... had worm castings, kelp, bat guano.. ect....already n it so I didnt mix anything in. faded perfectly right at the end.

I'm putting away all my hydro gear and ph crap and going organic soil always from now on, thnkin I'll try some soil recipes next time to make it even better.

Great thread to show it can be done - without being a scientist or chemist. "Just add water" Actually came out better than any of my hydro or coco runs, and was alot easier!

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Uhhh...nice plants bro...very nice! So I assume you used Big Bob's Super Duper Steroid Enhanced Master Blaster Flower Formula...eh?
That and molasses!

Oh yeah - and some hydrogen peroxide to kill all that fungi and stuff too! I read about it on the in-ter-net! Thank Gawd for browsers and such! I'm finally home!

Or something like that...................

CC

Y

Yankee Grower

Oh yeah CC...those plants are too green and will suck when they are done...lol.

YG- I'm assuming you're speaking of vertical nute layers throughout your mix. Anything more to say on that? In a large diameter outdoor bed, might it be beneficial to 'layer' the nutes differently, outward, and not necessarily throughout the soil depth?
Horizontal layers and vertical spikes mainly. Yes it can be beneficial to layer nutes horizontally and also use spikes outdoors. Salts down low in the hole like K-Mag and steer manure.