Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > B.O.G. Seeds > sour bubble: air-pot vs. nursery

Thread Title Search
sour bubble: air-pot vs. nursery Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2010, 02:40 AM #1
Weird Jimmy
Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass Boss

Weird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of light
sour bubble: air-pot vs. nursery

I was going to post all of this in my other sour bubble thread, but I didn't want it to get lost in the ass-end of that thread. So it's gettin' it's own thread....

I've read lots of good things about these air pots. One of the best things I read was that you could keep plants in smaller containers and still get the same or better results as plants in larger standard containers. That interested me enough to test these bastards!!! I ordered a couple 2 gal pots to test along side the 3 gal nursery pot that I normally use...

UPS came today and dropped off the air-pots.. the plastic is a lot stiffer than I imagined... where in the fuck are the instructions???.. thank you google....

the two combatants, side by side... one looking dangerously modern and the other looking a bit more antiquated.. They're similar in diameter, but the bottoms of the air pot is raised about two inches....

here's the mix... it'll be the exact same in both pots...

here are the ladies that will be aiding in this experiment... both cuts are from the same plant and taken at the same time... they're both about 5 inches tall...

both plants were transplanted within minutes of one another, and they got watered with the same mix...

I'll veg them until one reaches 12" and then flower them both (regardless of the other plants height). Let the fight begin and may the best pot win....

Last edited by Weird Jimmy; 09-14-2010 at 04:09 AM..
Weird Jimmy is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 AM #2
johnny butt
Banned

johnny butt is a jewel in the roughjohnny butt is a jewel in the roughjohnny butt is a jewel in the roughjohnny butt is a jewel in the roughjohnny butt is a jewel in the roughjohnny butt is a jewel in the rough
johnny butt has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Fun stuff weird jimmy. I'm along for the ride
johnny butt is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2010, 02:47 AM #3
420mt

Location: alien hybrid from a galaxy of all things Sour & Co2,,
420mt is a jewel in the rough420mt is a jewel in the rough420mt is a jewel in the rough420mt is a jewel in the rough420mt is a jewel in the rough420mt is a jewel in the rough420mt is a jewel in the rough
THIS WILL BE FUN TO WATCH,
420mt is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2010, 02:49 AM #4
Weird Jimmy

Weird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of lightWeird Jimmy is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ awesome dude, should be interesting....

Old 09-14-2010, 02:51 AM #5
PuReKnOwLeDgE
Licensed Grower

PuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud of
thanks for doing this!
PuReKnOwLeDgE is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2010, 02:54 AM #6
Weird Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuReKnOwLeDgE View Post
thanks for doing this!
glad to do it...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:27 AM #7
PoopyTeaBags
State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

PoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud ofPoopyTeaBags has much to be proud of
the air pot will murder that other one .... lol

Poopy teabags Soma and Grindhouse
*Completed*

Prophets actually get flowered out *Completed*
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=180811

LVPK and Reclining Buddha RDWC
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=199088

BAAAAM! Peanut Butter & JAAAAM!
PoopyTeaBags is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2010, 05:31 AM #8
Mezz Mezzrow

Mezz Mezzrow has a spectacular aura aboutMezz Mezzrow has a spectacular aura aboutMezz Mezzrow has a spectacular aura about
You're gonna love the air pots. I have Sour Bubbles in huge 26 liter ones and they love it.
Mezz Mezzrow is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2010, 05:32 AM #9
RetroGrow

RetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant future
I have those air pots. Pretty cool, and fold flat for storage!
Interested to see how this turns out.
One hint, if using coco, it tends to fall through the yellow plastic bottoms, so you need some sort of screening in the bottom to prevent this.
RetroGrow is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2010, 05:37 AM #10
Weird Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopyTeaBags View Post
the air pot will murder that other one .... lol
that would be cool if it did. Save me a gallon of soil for every plant....

The smaller size pots in the pictures above are .8 gal... The next test I do will be one of those versus a 3 gal nursery. I have two C-99 clones that I'll do in a couple weeks.... see if I can't save myself 2 gallons of soil!!!, lol