What's new

Marijuana plants worth $100 million seized on Indian reservation in San Diego County

bigbrokush

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...eservation-in-northeast-san-diego-county.html

Marijuana plants worth $100 million seized on Indian reservation in San Diego County
August 25, 2010 | 3:48 pm

Federal agents seized more than 25,000 marijuana plants with a street value upward of $100 million during a raid on the Santa Ysabel Indian Reservation in northeast San Diego County, officials announced Wednesday.

The raid, which occurred Tuesday, involved the second-largest pot field found this year in the county by the Drug Enforcement Administration. The operation included water diversion from a natural spring and chemicals to aid the plants' growth, officials said.

No arrests were made, but evidence suggested that four to five people lived at the field, along California Highways 76 and 79, apparently to tend the crop.

memphis man

i thought indian reservations were free from federal laws. unless this was some type of guerilla grow by the mexican mafia i dont see how the feds could raid it. now if it turns out that chief totem pole says they were his tribes and they were wrongfully taken i wonder if the indians can sue the government and get the 100 million back. just a thought

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Well, the Indians I know have to answer to the Feds and their local-level law enforcement but not the state they reside.

memphis man

cool i learn somethin new everyday. can local leo go on the reservation or do they have like reservation leo? i mean what im saying is they would have to answer to local leo when off the res but always heard that the res was off limits to everyone even fed.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
cool i learn somethin new everyday. can local leo go on the reservation or do they have like reservation leo? i mean what im saying is they would have to answer to local leo when off the res but always heard that the res was off limits to everyone even fed.

You could be right, mm. I said they answer to feds, that may be only when off the reservation. But they do have reservation leo. I'm ~55 miles from the reservation but they often visit our local pd.

memphis man

i know indians always got diff laws then we did, and the truly deserve it. but now my brain just got to rollin and was thinking on what disco biscut was sayin about not answering to state but to the feds. imagin this lol ok the res was in cali and cali allows mmj use and growing, so the indians were in a mmj state and were allowed to grow. now since they dont have to abide by state quidelines they will have no plant counts they have to go by. now say that if each indian was growing 99 plants to stay under fed and go by what feds are tollerent of in cali. it would only take 250 or so indians to say they were growing the plants in a collective to count for the 25000 plants. now since the leo put a price tag on the shit and its def ruined now if the indians could somehow pull this shit off each one of em would get a lil over 4 million dollars each lmmfao

damm i should really lay the bong down

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe the Native American will take up the torch to put the fire under the fed govnt's ass in regards to cannabis cultivation?

Hmmm....an interesting concept indeed.....

Classic Seeds

Veteran
hey what did you think was in a peace pipe leave the reservations alone its a tribal matter not a federal matter as long as it stays with the tribe who has any right to come on a seperate nations land and tell them what to do that is what a reservation is a seperate nation

memphis man

hey what did you think was in a peace pipe leave the reservations alone its a tribal matter not a federal matter as long as it stays with the tribe who has any right to come on a seperate nations land and tell them what to do that is what a reservation is a seperate nation
thats what i always thought

memphis man

Maybe the Native American will take up the torch to put the fire under the fed govnt's ass in regards to cannabis cultivation?

Hmmm....an interesting concept indeed.....

think about it the could get their attorney to take it all the way to the supreme court which will more than likely bullshit them out of it but then they could have one more appeal since they are a nation in our gov eyes and appeal to the un and let the other countries of the world decide their fate. that would be fucking epic could you imagine watching cnn while all that shits playin out.

thinking i oughta write a reality show

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I saw this article on another site, that one said they were pretty sure it was a cartel grow. They are usually done in the same way and huge numbers. Fuck the cartels and their shitty weed!

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
To bad the Indians didn't give the feds the Leonard Peltier treatment when they showed up to do their raid.

memphis man

I saw this article on another site, that one said they were pretty sure it was a cartel grow. They are usually done in the same way and huge numbers. Fuck the cartels and their shitty weed!
dig that but still just think if the indians just staked claim to it and said it was theirs. what they could have the possibilities of pulling off

how the hell are you gonna charge 250 native americans for growing bud on their piece of this land. dude they would do everything they could do to keep this shit outta main stream media. and if the were found guilty how would the american people feel about our government fucking the indians again. the indians would definately win the sympathy card from a jury. im telling you this shit could almost happen lol

If it was DEA, it had to be cartels and/or gangs. They don't have the money or manpower to do much else, and the cartels and gangs are way more than they can handle. They're fighting a losing war against them as it is . . . .