What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mendels figure on Auto crossings.

offthehook

Veteran
During a long time standing attempt to produce my own autoflowering strains I came to the conclusion that "Mendels"(google?!?) findings on peas does seem to work on autoflowering traits as well.

All you need to do is to take a look at the genetical make up of your plants.(seeds)

*Whereas "a" = recessive autoflowering trait and "A" = dominant regular flowering trait.

aa = fully automatic flowerer

aA = intermediar flowerer (It'll start to bloom later then an Auto, but earlyer then a regular bloomer and in disregard of decreasing day length.

Aa = intermediar flowerer (same as aA but only flowers under influence of decreasing daylength.)

AA = regular photo period responding plant.

Note, only these 4 types of different genetical make up for auto or photo period responding bloomers are to be found amongst cannabis. aa,aA,Aa,AA.

aa x aa = aa,aa,aa,aa = 100% autoflowering plants that will produce 100% autoflowering offspring.

aA x aA = aa,aA,Aa,AA = 25% auto, 50% intermediar,25% regular.

Aa X Aa = AA,Aa,aA,aa = 25% regular, 50% intermediar, 25% auto.

aa X aA = aa,aA,aa,aA = 50% auto and 50% intermediar that 'll bloom in disregard of daylenght.

aa X Aa = aA,aa,aA,aa = 50% auto and 50% intermediar that 'll bloom in regard of daylenght.

aa x AA = (auto x regular) = aA,aA,aA,aA. 100% intermediair that will all bloom at aproximately the same time but in regard of daylenght.

When you know this, there will be ways to find out the genetical make up from your seed.

An aa will always be 100% autoflowering and it's offspring while crossed with an other aa will do so too.

With the Aa's and the aA seeds mixed in with the Aa's and/or AA's on a bud, it will only be possible to know what the auto seeds are after germinating them and causing them to bloom on a 24 hour light cycle.
Auto bloomers (aa and aA's) will respond by blooming in disregard of day length.

The fastes way to make a pure auto flowering plant out of a regular one is to take their offspring and cross it numerous times back on an aa while exclusively using the automatically blooming feno that 'll show up in f2 and beyond .
Note: Only some of their first aa's will show up in their f2 generation. Never in their f1! But if you breed these back on an other aa, you'll get 100% automatic flowering plants of which the offspring will be 100% autoflowering too.

This however, will cause much of other benevolent traits of the regular plant to disappear, and therefore does "fast" not always equal "better".
Besides, that way... you've got to keep selecting afterwards for benevolent traits to maintain.

For breeding tecnical reasons it makes more sense to do it the slower way and therefore it is better to focus on the aA ones as well. (Since they are more likely to inherit some of the better aspects of the regular strain too.)

What takes longer, eventually gets better ;)

Dig it when interested, Never mind when buying seeds from the doc :)

Last edited:

Siberian

Nuohan on perusristeytys judansseja..moneen kertaan tälläkin foorumilta jo luettu, minä ainakin.
Muutta onhan se hyvä että se on myös Suomi-osiossa englanniksi niille suomalaisille jotka eivät ymmärrä suomea, eivätkä jaksa sitä muualta ICeen kätköistä etsiä..så där.:)

offthehook

Veteran
Thanks for sarcasm :)

Feel free to translate tho ! :D For my part I already did my best to keep it as simple and accurate as possible...

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Muutta onhan se hyvä että se on myös Suomi-osiossa englanniksi niille suomalaisille jotka eivät ymmärrä suomea, eivätkä jaksa sitä muualta ICeen kätköistä etsiä..så där.:)

That was good :D
ONhan meillä esmes Perza, joka on jo niin kansainvälinen hetsu, ettei edes myönnä bamlaavansa suomea enää :)

offthehook

Veteran
I tried the search engine to bring up some older posts on this topic in the Finnish language, but unfortunatly my Finnish vocabulary is n 't large enough to get me somewhere.

@BadTicket or Siberian, Could you please help find one of those old ones in Finnish language and get it copy pasted into this thread?

Thanks in advance.