What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Darwin's 2010-2011 Guerrilla Grow

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
so i was incredibly inspired today when i read kangativa's new thread about his outdoor grow getting started for this year, no doubt it is going to be as impressive if not more so than his last one! haha hopefully it doesn't put mine to shame too much :D can't wait to see it grow kangativa! anyway i felt like a lazy prick having done nothing recently with my guerrilla efforts on the outside front, plenty of plants growing indoors ready to be unleashed outside, but hadn't found a suitable location. so i hit up google maps and scoured the bush within 100kms of where i live and found some amazing spots. good north facing hills with creeks in the valleys, thick heath/grassland bush that will well hide my spot, some distance from any walking tracks, roads or other facilities that would bring people anywhere near my grow. so with a few locations loosely sorted i chucked my gardening tools in the car and hit the road. picked up a few mates on the way who know the story and have been a part of this stuff since the beginning, unfortunately penguin had other things to attend to (ie. work and women lol you slacker...!) so the 3 of us drove there and went walkabout and relatively soon stumbled upon an amazing spot! it was on a slight hill descending down to the north, will get good sun light this way and the water will drain slowly down the hill after it rains. the shrubs and trees were thick enough so that you had about 30m or so visibility in front of you at most times, until we reached our spot where several big gum trees had died leaving the canopy really open facing the north where we were met with a wall of thick heath/brush and smaller seedling gum-trees about the 3-4m high PERFECT camouflage i reckon! we worked clearing the patch of debris like roots, branches, grasses etc and dup up all the soil, flipping it over for about 1hr as the sun set (so the photos are a little blurry as i didn't have a proper camera with me).

the first patch i'm going to name Jay's Patch. i think i'll be putting a lot of my indica stuff here, probably white widow mainly as i have a few clones ready to go.

the second patch i'll call Sat Patch as i'll be putting all the sativa dom strains i have there. so far it looks like nirvana's pure power plant and sam skunkman's original haze x skunk #1, they have longer flowering times in the 11-13 week mark i believe, so i'll have them spaced out a fair bit in this much bigger patch and hopefully we get some giants going!

i'll be going back later this week or weekend to prepare the other patch nearby for the sativa, as well as begin amending the soil at the first patch. the soil there was really sandy and had a bit of clay in it too i believe so i'll have to add a bit of soil, organic ferts and dolomite to it. it should drain pretty well once they're added and it's all mixed up together.

the ratio of added amendments will probably be approx:
- 60% organic soil
- 40% organic ferts (5in1)
- and 1 or 2 tbsp dolomite/square ft
- i'll also be adding some water absorbing crystals, slow release fert pellets and as time goes by adding compost and more 5in1 organic ferts on the surface.

i think drainage should be fine because of the sand that will be mixed in with the amendments. it's been raining heavily the last month or two, but even today after raining most of the day the ground wasn't soaked through so there's decent drainage there for sure.

i'm debating setting up fences around the patches if i have the funds to do so, as kangaroos and wallabies may be an issue for the first month or two if they find these plants, however i didn't notice any macropod scats anywhere in or around the area today so i'm unsure if they'll really be much of an issue, might play that by ear. anyway sorry for the essay. i'll add some photos now :D

ps. any advice, criticism, pointers etc are more than welcome! also massive thanks to my two mates who helped me heaps today, as well as all my friends here on icmag from whom i've learned so much from in such a short time! much respect to you all guys! i hope to do you proud :D

darwin

Preparation of Jay's Patch

this patch looks to be about 4m x 4m so 16m2. so i'll probably have 1 indica plant per 1m2. hopefully that's plenty of space for them to grow for the coming 6-7months

picture.php

plenty of sky sky sky and sun sun sun! (nothing screams australia to me more than the silhouette/shape of gum leaves!)

Location of Sat Patch

picture.php

this patch has plenty of space. so i think i'll probably amend a large area of maybe 25-30m2 or more (there's easily 100m2 here) and put in 10 sativa plants with at least 2m2 each if not more. i wanna grow some sequoias!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ahaha thanks guys :D can't believe you came across this one already i only just put it up minutes ago! :D i'll take some photos tonight of the girls i'm planning on putting out there soon!

gavin2511

hey m8
your patch looks great, wishing you all the best for the coming months, ill be following your exploits lol

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
What did you blur out in that second pic where you're bending over?
Some plumbers crack? Lol.

Good luck with things!
I'll be watching

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ahaha yeah bit of a plumbers grin my mate decided to show for the camera lol. thought it'd be best to keep it away from the eyes of the innocent icmag users! cheers mate :D

hey hey dread! :D

THC123

Veteran
very nice patch and the soil there sure looks good! so i don't think you will need to make very large holes per plant

tagged mate and lol bout the plumberscrack n thanks for blurring that ;)

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
white widow seedling
picture.php

white widow reveg clone
picture.php

this one's interesting because it had 3 main stems coming out of it and they continued to all grow out hehe

white widow clone
picture.php

sam the skunkman's original haze x skunk #1 seedlings
picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey darwinsbulldog,

glad i saw this thread, i have a feeling this one will end with some giants!

you lucky buggers over there with that crazy long growing season. why do the first pics make it look dark? is it late or still winter? so you amended and loosened the local soil? you didn't bring any soil?

looking forward to seeing how it goes........TAG!.......pass popcorn, pipe and beer pls :laughing: