What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

foilar feeding durring flower

Lots of different views on this...

I have always been afraid to foliar feed past streach, however i am thinking about trying a side by side grow, one with no foliar and one that gets 1 application of lights-on/diamond necture/snow storm and 1 application of benificials/diamond necture/b1 per week....

Any thoughts?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Make sure whatever you're using is food safe and don't foilar feed 2 weeks before harvest to avoid harsh bud. I think spraying water on pistils kills them (turns them brown prematurely,) might wanna test this out on a few branches first.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
I was just talking to somebody about this in another thread.I dont foliar feed at all in flowering.I think it will cause buds to mold.Your putting moister in the buds (one way or another) and you dont have good airflow that can get inside them to keep them dry.To me that equals mold so I avoid it.I could be wrong though..So I will read what everybody has to say about this issue.

I totaly agree guys, thats why i never have... But ive seen some nice flowers that have been sprayed. Anyone out there that IS foliar feeding late in flower?

STUPPA

I rekon you should foliar feed into the 5th week of flower, personally i will do one last spray in the middle of week 5 ,i dont see that mold should be a problem as i've never seen bud mold before week seven of flower and they will have had plenty of time to dry up by then.

I think they are feeding stronger in week 5-6 of bloom than they are at any other time in their life so it makes sense to have as much food available as posssible in that period . If the plants are growing really hard in week 3, 4 and 5 then they might need that bit of extra help ffrom foliar feeding to stay really healthy.

darthvapor

I like to use purple max, or snow storm during flowering to add more oils and make the nugs sparkle. but Im outdoors in soil in a hot climate during the summer. I sparay in the morning about 1-2 hours before the sun comes up and it has all day to dry so I dont get mold

G

Ganja D

I rekon you should foliar feed into the 5th week of flower, personally i will do one last spray in the middle of week 5 ,i dont see that mold should be a problem as i've never seen bud mold before week seven of flower and they will have had plenty of time to dry up by then.

I think they are feeding stronger in week 5-6 of bloom than they are at any other time in their life so it makes sense to have as much food available as posssible in that period . If the plants are growing really hard in week 3, 4 and 5 then they might need that bit of extra help ffrom foliar feeding to stay really healthy.

I agree,with proper air flow you can foliar through 5th week of flowering. Thing is, the plants needs are different each week so you need to change up what your using and the strengths of the feeding. I like to reverse foliar with plain water every third spray to clean off stomata. It's a bit different for outdoor though,you can't control humidity and climate in general.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
Make sure whatever you're using is food safe and don't foilar feed 2 weeks before harvest to avoid harsh bud. I think spraying water on pistils kills them (turns them brown prematurely,) might wanna test this out on a few branches first.[/QUOT

that's why ya never see any outdoor weed- its the rain!!!

so how long are you going for Darth? you stopping around week 5 as well?

I always stoped around week 2-3, gonna go through week 5 this time and see...

Anyone going longer?

Psuper

I agree,with proper air flow you can foliar through 5th week of flowering. Thing is, the plants needs are different each week so you need to change up what your using and the strengths of the feeding. I like to reverse foliar with plain water every third spray to clean off stomata. It's a bit different for outdoor though,you can't control humidity and climate in general.

Stuppa & Ganja D, What are you guys using as foliar nutes? How often are you spraying?

I'd love to hear any feedback on your methods.

STUPPA

Well for me it's a 4 day cycle of foliar feeding thru veg ,this consists of:

Day 1 foliar feed spray
Day 2 ph'd water
Day 3 Root stimulator spray
Day 4 ph'd water again

ph is set at 6.0

I keep this routine up untill the second week of flower when i switch to a flower feed spray and stop spraying with root stimulator, basically i foliar feed every 4 days.

The flower feed spray will get used in the 5th week of bloom then it's stopped.

I use hydrotops leaf and flower feed and i don't just give them a light spraying i absolutely soak them and try to cover every leaf surface top and bottom .

grapeman

Veteran
I spray up through about week 5 all the time. I always spray at sun up. My room has great air movement with a rh of @ 30%. Never had a problem.

STUPPA

PH of 6 for foliar? Is that optimal or just what your waters already PHed at?

My waters at a ph of 7.5 so i lower it to 6.0 with acid . Thats the best level i have found for foliar as well as nutes, it might be different for others but you should aim to keep the ph in the 5.5 - 6.3 range somewhere .

darthvapor

yeah I go to week 5 desertsquirrel. The foliar gets lighter as the density in flowers increase

Im not trying to feed them, just increase the oils and terpenes and resin

Alright ill keep that purpose in mind thanks darth...

Thank you too stuppa ill PH the foliars to 6.0.... (i shoot for 5.2 for the hydro rezz btw..still working out issues with the benies/acids/carbs though)

i foliar feed right up till my last watering 3-4 days before chop, but the only thing i foliar feed is mollasses and water, but i had some heat issues and the girls loved to get the moisture, it helped keep them cool, i grow sativa dominant strains and had a shitload of air movement. i foliar fed 3-5 times a day during lights on. never had mold. i doubt i would do this with dense indica strains, and my next grow will be with a 400W HPS with a cool tube for flowering, so i doubt i will be doing it more than once or twice a day in the future.