Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > B.O.G. Seeds > BOG's Blush aka blue kush from seed

Thread Title Search
Click to buy Cannabis Seeds at Fast Buds
BOG's Blush aka blue kush from seed Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2010, 05:57 AM #1
surphin

surphin is on a distinguished road
BOG's Blush aka blue kush from seed

This journal is starting three weeks in, I was waiting to start the thread further along but I couldn't help myself. The thread will get updated on the weekends with pics. This is going to be a hydro grow using GH 3-part nutes.

Five seeds were soaked in distilled water for a few hours. Then placed into a wet paper towel overnight. The next afternoon four out of five seeds were cracked and starting to show white tails. I used the last three rapid rooters I had and turned them upside down and split them open, and used them for three of the seeds. The other two seeds went into oasis cubes.

Within a day three had sprouted, with a fourth beginning to show three days later. The fifth never germed. The fourth grew incredibly slow the first 15 days or so. It's growth seems to have sped up but it's still the straggler.

These first set of shots are 1 week from the time the were all planted into their plugs/cubes. They had only been fed ph'd RO water and under 108 watts of T-5's, placed about 14 inches away.

The first 14 days they were fed every other day and alternated between feeding with RO water and 1/4 strength nutes. From day 7 on I put another pair of T-5 bulbs above them for a total of 216 watts in the fixture, then started gradually lower the lamps closer everyday. Days 14 - 21 they were fed 1/2 strength nutes everyday. Now these next set of pics are three weeks out from planting, well actually they're 20 days out.

Yeah, #4 looks rough, but I promise it's looking better now. This last set of pics are a few days old and next weekends pics are going to be good, the growth just in the last few days is crazy. They don't seem to be getting taller really, it's like the height they are getting is just from the new growth just stacking up. This is just top notch genetics and BOG all the thanks in the world to you.
surphin is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 AM #2
surphin

Sorry everyone for the no picture update, my computer caught an STD a few days ago and it's been a joy getting it sorted out. So, I'll add the pics in a day or two when the computer is 100%.

All four are doing great, they have been getting fed once a day with GH 3-part at around 800 ppms. They all seem to be growing bushy and not much vertical growth for now.
surphin is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2010, 08:40 AM #3
surphin

Oops, double post.

Last edited by surphin; 08-10-2010 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: double post
surphin is offline Quote

Old 08-16-2010, 11:29 PM #4
surphin

Here are the pic updates for week four. The pics are in order 1-4.

Now here are the pics for them at week 5. They are starting to gain some height and I'm amazed at how these things are bushing out like they've been topped.

Sorry for the first pic, wasn't paying attention. You can see #4 the runt trying to catch-up, looks great just several days behind in growth compared to the rest.

Everything thing else has been the same for the last several weeks, being fed once a day with the solution strength @ 800 ppms and under the T-5's. Although I had to make some room so I moved them yesterday to under a 400mh for the next week or so.
surphin is offline Quote

Old 08-21-2010, 06:40 AM #5
koolace

koolace is on a distinguished road
looking good, ill be following!
koolace is offline Quote

Old 08-21-2010, 08:10 PM #6
Dreamz_Of_Green
Banned

Dreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the rough
14 inches away get them closer then that maybe 3 or 4 inches away if they are tube style floros unless your hand feels really hot that close to the bulb get them closer warm is acceptble burning hot isnt
Dreamz_Of_Green is offline Quote

Old 08-21-2010, 09:52 PM #7
surphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz_Of_Green View Post
14 inches away get them closer then that maybe 3 or 4 inches away if they are tube style floros unless your hand feels really hot that close to the bulb get them closer warm is acceptble burning hot isnt
The lamps were only that far away during the first week, when they were seedlings.

Thanks for following along fellas. I'm not going to post pics this week, too much of a pain right now where they're at under the MH. I'll post pics next week when it is a little easier to get good shots of them.

Other than that, the four plants are doing great. Since being put under the MH for the last week they seem to be putting on a little height and not so much bushing out like they were under the T-5. My plan is to top/clone them in about 2-3 weeks, give them another week or two to veg, then the real fun will begin.
surphin is offline Quote

Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 PM #8
surphin

week 7 update

I took these pics right before I topped them. In order from #1 - #4.

They weren't to happy being under the MH in crowded conditions, but they are back under the t-5's now, for about three - four more weeks of veg.

#2 is by far the bushiest of the four plants, the other three just have the dominant main stem growth. Still bushy, just nothing like #2. There are a few spots on each plant that I think are going to be pre-flower's, but I never been good at identifing early pre-flower growth.

They're being flooded twice a day now. GH 3-part with protek at around 750 - 800 ppm.
surphin is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2010, 01:15 AM #9
surphin

week 8

Here is a group shot of the four, I numbered and tried to seperate them in the pic. They have been getting fed twice daily and I increased the strength to 1150 ppm.

There is some very minor nute burn on a few leaf tips and a few others got a little cooked from getting to close to the lamps, but other than that everything's great.
surphin is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2010, 11:10 PM #10
surphin

week 9

Here they are at 9 weeks. Been feeding on the same schedule, they plants are doing fine other than a few burnt leaves from touching the bulbs.

On a side note clones I took off of #2 & #3 rooted in 13 days, the other two haven't shown their roots yet.
surphin is offline Quote