This journal is starting three weeks in, I was waiting to start the thread further along but I couldn't help myself. The thread will get updated on the weekends with pics. This is going to be a hydro grow using GH 3-part nutes.
Five seeds were soaked in distilled water for a few hours. Then placed into a wet paper towel overnight. The next afternoon four out of five seeds were cracked and starting to show white tails. I used the last three rapid rooters I had and turned them upside down and split them open, and used them for three of the seeds. The other two seeds went into oasis cubes.
Within a day three had sprouted, with a fourth beginning to show three days later. The fifth never germed. The fourth grew incredibly slow the first 15 days or so. It's growth seems to have sped up but it's still the straggler.
These first set of shots are 1 week from the time the were all planted into their plugs/cubes. They had only been fed ph'd RO water and under 108 watts of T-5's, placed about 14 inches away.
The first 14 days they were fed every other day and alternated between feeding with RO water and 1/4 strength nutes. From day 7 on I put another pair of T-5 bulbs above them for a total of 216 watts in the fixture, then started gradually lower the lamps closer everyday. Days 14 - 21 they were fed 1/2 strength nutes everyday. Now these next set of pics are three weeks out from planting, well actually they're 20 days out.
Yeah, #4 looks rough, but I promise it's looking better now. This last set of pics are a few days old and next weekends pics are going to be good, the growth just in the last few days is crazy. They don't seem to be getting taller really, it's like the height they are getting is just from the new growth just stacking up. This is just top notch genetics and BOG all the thanks in the world to you.