Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

Thread Title Search
VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

hi all, check this out

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
this is a custom made LED unit from Hydro Grow, it uses the same chassis as the standard 63w unit, but has the maximum number of LED's in it - one in every hole - which amounts to 120 (it draws 104w total from the wall). the lens angle is 90 degrees rather than the standard 60 and the colour ratios are from the 3rd generation units which are currently in development and testing. i cant tell you what the exact rations are because i dont know yet but i can tell you that the spectrum contains (yes you may have guessed) green!
it turns out that as i was looking into green light for my other cab, LEDgirl was also considering using green in her next generation of lights - so when i started talking to her about a custom light and asking about green she told me about their plans and asked if i wanted to try these out. i should also point out that i paid for this light.
the reason why i wanted a custom light was mainly due to the triangular shape of the space i had available to me - so a smaller unit would allow me to place it higher and get more headroom in the cab. the actual cab for this light is not yet built, but in the meantime i have swapped it with the 63w unit in my existing micro cab to see how it goes flowering out a sharksbreath that was 16 days in. this cab is only 12" by 20" so i may get some nice big buds or i may cook the plant. time will tell
hope that all makes sense.

NB - on page 7 of this thread the light s moved into a bigger cab, 2' x 16", at the start of the original haze grow.

so here is the plant in question - already at 16 days flower and so far flowered under the 63w unit. sharksbreath goes 10 weeks or more so plenty of time left.

and here it is under the light - as you can see the colou ratios make the overall colour look different. to the naked eye it looks more white than the second gen units - even though there are no white LED's in there

cheers

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

Last edited by VerdantGreen; 10-07-2010 at 04:22 PM..
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 PM #2
SmilinBob
Super Lurker

SmilinBob will become famous soon enoughSmilinBob will become famous soon enough
LED seem to be gaining momentum. I just don't like their price tag. I'll watch these buds blow up with ya.
SmilinBob is offline Quote

Old 07-30-2010, 07:03 PM #3
Irie_Lion
Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!

Irie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to all
nice....i like how there are more leds packed into the smaller panel! If that could be done with the 63w unit then hopefully she can do the same with some of the other wattages. I already got 2 of the 2nd gen 126w models but am interested in seeing the new models now that u tease us with this Thanks for starting this thread VG always a pleasure watching your grows. Take care

Irie_Lion is offline Quote

Old 07-31-2010, 02:34 AM #4
Cojito
La mota no mata, las balas sí

Cojito has a spectacular aura aboutCojito has a spectacular aura aboutCojito has a spectacular aura aboutCojito has a spectacular aura aboutCojito has a spectacular aura about
cool light VG.

but what made you consider adding green? and why did you move away from the 60 degree model? more coverage?
Cojito is offline Quote

Old 07-31-2010, 03:33 AM #5
Sleepy

Sleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud of
nice unit, VG!!

do 'em proud, i know you will.
Sleepy is offline Quote

Old 07-31-2010, 04:12 AM #6
m00nchild

Tagged!

Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 AM #7
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
SmilinBob - thanks - i hope i can put up a good show. you are right, LED's are still quite expensive in comparison to other lights. Im not a person that regularly pays a premium for stuff. i wouldnt pay double for a pair of trainers or clothes just because they have a certain logo on them (in fact i would expect them to pay me to become a walking billboard for their products ) i wouldnt pay loads for the latest mobile phone, or vintage bottle of wine. But when it comes to growing weed i dont mind investing a bit extra because that is one of my real passions, the product is of a very high value and in this case you get the money back in future savings on power and bulbs. LED will also allow you to grow in places where you just couldnt use an HPS due to temp issues.

Irie! - always a pleasure to have you along mate

Cojito - if you go to page 17 of my 205w LED grow and read a bit, you will see some discussion and links about green light for growing.
as for the 90 degree lenses it means that the light/footprint will spread quicker and allow me to have the plant closer to the light (currently 7-8 inches away) if i had used the standard 60 degrees i would probably have to keep the plants a foot away and in a cabinet with about 2' of height that is way too much.

Sleepy - i hope so
m00nchild - hi

im just about to go up and see if my plants are ok under this light

cheers - i also should hsve mentioned that this grow will be using organic soil as usual. my method is to mix a very good and complete soil and just add water (pH corrected to around 6 with citric acid) for most of the grow.

VG.

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

Last edited by VerdantGreen; 07-31-2010 at 11:52 AM..
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:51 AM #8
Scrogerman

Scrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really nice
Wow buddy!
looks real Smart man, i never realised they were developing LED units with Green spectrum too, cool. Ive been looking at the new Phillips green at £45 approx, i know its HPS but obviously has adjusted Green spec added. May have to get one. But id luv one of these, beats aircooled rigs hands down &* the output aint filtered light either. imo of course!
Those SB's are looking lovely too mate, starting to pump the trichs out already, thats gonna be killa man.
Good Luck with your Grow buddy! caught this one early, finally.
Peace.....Scroger!

your gonna have to PM me your pot mix so i can get my ass sorted for the next time.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:59 AM #9
Scrogerman

Scrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really niceScrogerman is just really nice
How much are the LED units buddy?,(the new ones)?. when i get some spare cash, i gotta have one!

Old 07-31-2010, 06:21 PM #10
fatigues

fatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of light
Bring it on!

fatigues is offline Quote