What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2kw Alternating Mod-Scrogs!

DevilWeed

Hello IC!

My last hydro run turned into a nightmare so I decided to go a whole new route this time around. I'll still give the various hydro methods a shot at some point but for now I'm all about organic soil(ess).

It's getting too late to post up the details now, but I'll leave you with a present day shot of the first set of Scrogs. I'm a heavy de-leafer so keep that in mind. They're kind of bushy right now. ;) This is 7 days from 12/12 with continual training (will keep bending 'em till about 12 days).

6 plants, heavy LST under 2 2'x4' modular Scrog trays.

Strains:
Top left: GH Cheese
Middle left: Ult Indica
Bottom left: GH Cheese
Top right: Chocolope
Middle right: GH TrainWreck (A+++++!!!:D)
Bottom right: Chocolope

Food:
EWC tea is base liquid for all waterings (Tea is 1 cup EWC, 5 tsp BS Molasses, 5 tbsp Liquid Karma bubbled 24 hours)
Veg nutes are high N bat & seabird quano and kelp with the tea
Flower nute is higher PK guanos and kelp with the tea
Some feedings I use fish as a substitute... All depends on the plants. They are in 3gal pots and need watering every other day. I went two days and they suffered. Bigger pots next run...maybe...

I'll add more info as time permits. Feel free to ask questions if I don't make sense. :smokey:

DevilWeed

Tonight was feeding time at the zoo! I delayed lights on for 30 mins and sprayed all but two plants (1 Cheese and 1 Choc) with Snow Storm Ultra. I'm not sure what to make of this product so I'm doing a little test. We'll see if the two plants that didn't get sprayed look any different than their sisters.

All six flower girls are looking great. Did some more bending then hit them with the flower tea. I brew without a sock so when I'm done watering everything, I take the left over slurry and top dress.

No new pics but I'll post some shots leading up to this time in.

DevilWeed

Well I can't seem to upload anything right now. Been having some issues with ICMag today, anyone else?

Might as well explain the "Alternating" in the post title...
With my current room setup I have space to run two 1kw lights if each covers a 4'x4' area. I will run these two spaces in staggered cycles and with any luck I'll harvest every 5 weeks or so. In the meantime, I veg out whatever I plan to run in the next cycle so it's ready to go into flower as soon as I harvest one of the spots. I'll probably make this confusing but here's a go at the cycle schedule:

X number of plants (let's call then group 1) start veg in prep for a 4'x4' area (Spot A) in the flower room.
When ready group 1 goes into flower in spot A. Group 2 starts vegging.
5 weeks or so later group 2 goes into spot B in flower. Group 3 starts vegging.
5 weeks or so later, group 1 is harvested and group 3 goes into Spot A.
Rinse and repeat....

Think that makes sense. It gives me 10 weeks flower for each crop which is fine for anything I have right now. I'm not locked into any one growing style with this either. Right now I'm going to stick with the organics but eventually I hope to do some same-strain side by sides to compare yield and quality using different growing techniques.

Let's see if the pic posting gizmo is working again...

DevilWeed

These are from 7/8 when I first placed the girls in each screen.

Attachments

• Scrog A Indica Veg July8.jpg
    Scrog A Indica Veg July8.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Scrog A Indica Low July8.jpg
    Scrog A Indica Low July8.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 18
  • Scrog A Sativa Veg July8.jpg
    Scrog A Sativa Veg July8.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Scrog A Sativa Low July8.jpg
    Scrog A Sativa Low July8.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 16

DevilWeed

Here's my DIY cloner and poop brewer. :D

The cloner has a ~360gph pump with a manifold and 10 or 15 spray heads. Also has an air pump with a stone to keep O2 up in the water.

The tea brewer is as simple as it looks. Right now I've added 3 more airlines as I had a spare 4 outlet pump lying around. This is one item I need to work on. It foams over too often and is too small for what I have going. I'm thinking of doing a 20gal drum of some sort with a PVC air manifold. Do 10 gal batches with no chance of overflow... Plus I have a piston pump that will bubble that real good.

Attachments

• Poop Bubbler.jpg
    Poop Bubbler.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DIY Cloner.jpg
    DIY Cloner.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 16

DevilWeed

And here's some present day flower shots of the first set of Scrogs. I'm a heavy de-leafer so keep that in mind. :D I did a very light trim as you can see by the last two pics. This is 7 days from 12/12 with continual training (will keep bending 'em till about 12 days).

Attachments

• Scrog A Indica July23.jpg
    Scrog A Indica July23.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Scrog A Sativa July23.jpg
    Scrog A Sativa July23.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Scrog A Post Trim July 23.jpg
    Scrog A Post Trim July 23.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Scrog A Post Trim2 July23.jpg
    Scrog A Post Trim2 July23.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 18

DevilWeed

Gratuitous nug shot!

This is what the cheese looks like when you nute burn it repeatedly, then light burn it. :wallbash: I'm looking forward to some healthy cheese this time, should be awesome!

Attachments

• GH Cheese.jpg
    GH Cheese.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 16

angel4us

ICMag Donor
awesome scrogs

awesome scrogs

thats how its done !!! number one you got it going on. checking in on this ride !!! whats in your poop soup???? got any wheels under them scrogs????? let the budding begin!! peace

DevilWeed

Glad to have you on board!

Poop soups are straight from BurnOnes Organics for beginers thread, I just use 5 tsp black strap instead of 5 tbsp:

Veg mix-
1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 1 cup of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tsp. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:
2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 2 cups of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tsp. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with EVERY watering.

Tonights entree was the flower tea. I mix it up a bit for the girls with some fish and seaweed once in a while too.

No wheels...lol...but they slide out nice and easy for maintenance. It's going to be nice having a crop I can actually work on without killing myself.

DevilWeed

:plant grow:

Everything continues to go swimmingly...lol! :)

Took a few more pics last night...

I had a couple Dinafem Diesels hanging around. They started life as lab experiments...gone well. Last clone run I took too many. Gave away what I could but ended up with these two pitiful looking clones left in the cloner. They basically looked like sticks as they hadn't rooted after 20 days or so. I was feeling too lazy to shutdown and clean the cloner so I just left it for a while. After another week or so they actually rooted. Then they grew...fast! I dumped some nutes in the cloner and left them there. They got to almost 12" before I finally pulled them out. Cut most of the roots back as they were huge and stuck them in coco. Straight, unrinsed CocoGrow. They stunted for a bit then took off. Can't bring myself to kill them so I'm just going to leave them in the flower room and dump a modified Lucas formula (6ml Micro/9ml Bloom) on them every other day. Goes to show ya how resilient this plant can be... They'll be good for butter if nothing else.

Attachments

• DF Diesels.jpg
    DF Diesels.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 16

DevilWeed

This is my Cheese mom. I love the way this plant branches out. It has nice tight internoding and seems very resilient. Grew well in hydro even with my bumbling...

Attachments

• GH Cheese Mom1.jpg
    GH Cheese Mom1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 15
  • GH Cheese Mom2.jpg
    GH Cheese Mom2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 15

DevilWeed

And now for some flower shots! Everyone got a drink tonight, just plain water this time around. Screens are filling out nice. In fact, it's getting tough to find spots for the tall shoots.

Attachments

• Scrog A Flower 5 July26.jpg
    Scrog A Flower 5 July26.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Scrog A Flower 4 July26.jpg
    Scrog A Flower 4 July26.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Scrog A Sativa July26.JPG
    Scrog A Sativa July26.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 15
  • Scrog A Indica July26.JPG
    Scrog A Indica July26.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 15

DevilWeed

And a few more...

Attachments

• GH CHeese July26.jpg
    GH CHeese July26.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Scrog A Flower 1 July26.jpg
    Scrog A Flower 1 July26.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Scrog A Flower 2 July26.jpg
    Scrog A Flower 2 July26.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Scrog A July 26 1.jpg
    Scrog A July 26 1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 17

DevilWeed

Don't have time for a full post right now but I do have a couple new shots. Last night I finally got around to some de-leafing. I did as much as my back could handle. I still need to get everything under the screen cleaned up. Definitely a drastic improvment in light penetration and air movement.

15 days from 12/12
Before:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

DevilWeed

Not much to update right now. Everything still looks great. My clones finally rooted and I got 8 of them planted. Still have 4 more I need to take care of but their roots were a bit small. Not sure what I did differently this time but my clones took a beating. Look pretty shitty but they'll all pull through. What little leaves they had browned up pretty bad though...

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

lookin good my gh cheese should start throwing calyx's here in a few days im assuming....looks like we will have the same harvest time near abouts LOL good luck and lookin good

DevilWeed

Thanks man, same to you! The Cheese I'm smoking now...right now...this very instant...hahahahaha...is getting better every day. It's absolutely rank, the kind of weed that stinks out a room when it's in your pocket.

DevilWeed

19 Days from 12/12

19 Days from 12/12

Update time. Feel like a broken record, everythings doing great! They are starting to trich up a bit and the smell is coming around. Everything is a nice lush green. Only issue I have is keeping them from drying out. Every other day is almost too long. I'm planning on building something like the Pico manifold posted somewhere around here. Heading to Jamaica :)dance013:) in a few weeks so I need to automate a bit. I'll have a garden tender while I'm gone but I like to keep it as simple as possible for him.

The SCROGs!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DevilWeed

And a few more for fun...

Random Screen Shots
picture.php

picture.php

The two Diesels I threw in
picture.php