What's new

Are these K deficient or Mg deficient? *PICS*

I am really trying hard to use the plant problem identifier guides around the net but I really cant pin it down to one thing or another. I am thinking K or Mg?

These are clones of WW that sat rooted for over a month, maybe even longer in jiffy7 plugs right in the tray (watered daily though) The roots were sad for having no wheres to go for so long. They were finally transplanted about 4-5 days ago to straight coco in hempy style buckets. I had given them a bit of 1/4 stregth Maxigrow powder and 3ml/gal of Calmag+ and the transplant amount of superthrive on the first transplant watering, with RO water.

Then I read that maybe I should use light bloom nutes to get the roots to take off, so since I have began using 1/4 strength Dutch master gold bloom with 3ml of calmag+/gal. I also foliar fed with liquid light/penetrator the 2nd day, thinking of doing it again today.

I keep the ph at 5.5-5.8. Temps stay between 87-91f. Humidity about 35-45% using 6x32 watt t8 lights daylight/sunlight bulbs.

The problem seems to be yellowing of older middle leaves, often in between veins. Some necrosis. Curling down, some twisting torward the top.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

4 more pics coming on next post

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 7
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

2 more pics coming

I know there are a few insect marking showing, but they are gone now that was from when they were sitting in the tray in the garage. There was some kind of moth looking things or some shit in the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9

Harinama

It's going to take a little while for these to come out of their deficiencies from being unplanted for 1month after rooting. You want to check the quality of the new growth.

1) make sure new coir is flushed properly
1a) water frequently(at least 2x/wk)
2) keep adding cal/mag throughout the grow, and 1 drop superthrive/gal
2a) Consider adding clearex or dripclean to remove any salt buildup.
2b) Consider adding humic/fulvic acid, which will allow your plants to absorb more nutrients without burning, and generally make them hardier.
3) lower those temps to <85! This will help a lot.
4) Watch humidity, seems those clones have been too humid for too long(maybe the sideways curly leaves?)
5) up the nutes to at least 1/2 strength, maybe more.
6) i'd stop the foliar feeding, as it probably won't help the older leaves..
7) lastly, confirm that you have good airflow, and exchange.
8) patience.. you'll see much better growth in a few weeks.

all imho, good luck with your grow!

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
probably they had nothing to eat all this time in the jiffys :biggrin:
stop using calmag and bloom nutrients..give them some root stimulants..is that Maxigrow an organic fertilizer??N-P-K rates??

10-5-14, and it's not organic. Think I should hit 'em wit a full strength of that and the root stimulant at transplant strength or daily strength?

J

jim_browsky

One thing that will help next time is uppotting properly. Try going
into a much smaller container from the peat pucks first, say a 2-4
liter pot, then after you get a good root ball, go into your hempy.

J

jim_browsky

You may see an accumulation of nutes later on, so it could be worth the transplant now. Depends on the roots.

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there, don't see any reason to transplant them..use this Maxigrow and give them a week, they will recover ;)
good luck :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts