Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Green House Seeds > Super Lemon Haze @ 49 days (hey that rhymes!)

Thread Title Search
Super Lemon Haze @ 49 days (hey that rhymes!) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM #1
m00nchild

Super Lemon Haze @ 49 days (hey that rhymes!)

Well, this was merely a freebie seed that I decided I would go ahead and plant, since I've never grown any Green House seeds' gear before. Well, I am extremely impressed so far!!! It was HAPPILY handling 105 degrees (F) temperatures for several weeks back in the beginning before I fixed my temperature issues... where certain Mandala genetics (that are advertised as "heat resistant") were definitely showing me they were not happy being that hot, the SLH was just THRIVING AWAY!!!!!

Anyway, I think, as long as I get a reasonable yield from this one, I will be revegging and keeping as a mother plant. I am very impressed with GH seeds now, and most likely will purchase some on my next run. Here are a few pics of this plant on day 49 of flowering:

That discoloration you see on some of the leaves is NOT a deficiency or anything like that... it's purely light bleaching. That one particular bud on this plant grew kindof tall and is really close to the HPS bulb now. But it's not suffering from it, and temps don't ever get higher than 93 degrees, at the end of the light cycle, so this is one happy plant!! Can anyone tell me if it looks like it will actually be finished in under 11 weeks? I'm starting to think I got a 12+ week pheno?

All organic, in FFOF soil with Big Bloom liquid fert, under 250w HPS.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:24 PM #2
TEX
"All plants are our brothers and sisters. They talk to us and if we listen, we can hear them."

TEX has a spectacular aura aboutTEX has a spectacular aura aboutTEX has a spectacular aura aboutTEX has a spectacular aura aboutTEX has a spectacular aura about
niceeeeee!

Old 07-18-2010, 06:07 PM #3
m00nchild

Thanks!

Here's a few new shots, from day 53:

Gettin' frosty!!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:06 PM #4
enter sandman

enter sandman is a jewel in the roughenter sandman is a jewel in the roughenter sandman is a jewel in the roughenter sandman is a jewel in the roughenter sandman is a jewel in the roughenter sandman is a jewel in the rough
nice...you will love the high
enter sandman is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2010, 06:07 PM #5
Painfull

Painfull has a spectacular aura aboutPainfull has a spectacular aura aboutPainfull has a spectacular aura aboutPainfull has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Nice pics man. Mine are in 44 days of flowering. I heard 10 weeks is the best. I wonder if this strain is like the white widow and puts on weight in the late weeks. I am doing tie-down, bending, fimm, to get the best yeild out of her. Out of 5 fem. seeds only one made it. From what i read and seen, she is not a big yielder. Not looking for amber trics, cloudy or milky would be best for this sativa. Save that for the indicas.
Keep the reports coming and good luck.
Painfull
Painfull is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 PM #6
m00nchild

Thanks! Yes, I'll keep with the photo updates on through harvest. I definitely hope this plant fills out soon and is ready in 10 weeks. I have to admit, I'm seeing the buds get thicker and more colorful every day!

I can't wait. The smell of this plant is very complex... here's what I have: I remember back in like weeks 2-3 of flowering, it smelled like a mix of lemon peel and lime peel. There was a bitterness there, so emphasis on the peel. Well, that is still there, but there is also a strange, sweet-putrid type of a smell there also. My girlfriend took a whiff of it and she almost choked at first, so her it's too strong. Maybe even a bit of a rotten smell. That's sort of starting to take over. But when I manipulate the flowers with my hands, it does seem to release more of the lemon-lime smell.

Lemon lime indeed. Not only does it smell that way, but for some strange reason it also resembles the colors of a can of sprite! It's funny to me. As the leaves are yellowing, there is a beautiful transition from green to yellow, and it really does make me think of a can of lemon-lime soda. Overall I'm impressed with the plant, so it really boils down now to how much it yields, and what the high is like.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:13 PM #7
local

local is on a distinguished road
Your SLH looks O'so Tasty. Great job.
local is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2010, 12:37 AM #8
barth
Daaaaa I heard that!

barth has a spectacular aura aboutbarth has a spectacular aura aboutbarth has a spectacular aura aboutbarth has a spectacular aura about
Super lemon haze is definatly a keep for me. Mine smells just like lemon heads with a hint of skunky goodness. The smell gets more intense after a month cure.

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.
barth is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2010, 07:41 AM #9
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivor
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
You def had some issues with that grow. I can tell you will not see the full potential that SLH can do. If you like the way she looks like that think how much more you would like her if she was in good health. I grew this strain and it was absolutely AAA Lemon goodness. Some very impressive smoke from GHS

#hammerhead_genetics
Hammer's haze craze
Flashbang- C x Firestorm #18 test grow
Hammerhead is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2010, 07:53 AM #10
IPuFF

IPuFF is on a distinguished road
ya, either seems premature or you got a long going pheno, my slh had decent nugs by week 5-6.

Overdosing on N and getting leaf curl seams common with this strain

IPuFF is offline Quote