What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Homemade Bud Trimmer - $14 rotary tool plus household objects

VWFringe

it took twenty minutes to make
it lasted an hour
it was basically free
got some ideas for next time

Rotary Tool Bud Trimmer

youtube video - pretty funny when you hear it grinding my buds (150w so they're way loose)

reckon

nice idea,...I saw another one where a guy used a computer fan with sharpened blades,...worked pretty good for a few harvests.

what do you run the rpm's at?

I would think some kind of blade would do it with that, as the "prop wash" could be used to pull the leaf material into the waste bucket.

great example of on the fly engineering,...nice work.

Dregs

Was that the rotary Dremel?

Nice DIY, looks like it worked reasonable well. Worked GREAT for $14! What failed after 20 mins?

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
The more weed you grow, the quicker you realize McGuyver HAD to be a grower :D

VWFringe

i think it will work better next time to use wire instead of a thin flat strip of metal, because it will not hit the leaf sideways - mine deformed in use somewhat. also i really liked the high RPM's of this tool, but it shouldn't have the flex neck, too much - if i can find a motor i'll just attach pulleys to step it up, whatever cheap, but without the flexible neck.
and a narrower opening grill or screen, my buds were too fricken loose from being grown under 150's, and too much of them could fit down through the metal grill.
i see on the pro units they create suction to pull the leaf through, that seems smart, but i may do it differently, leave only a thin wire to cut, create suction by hooking up the home vacuum cleaner to the bucket i perch the cutter over

i wonder if i could make something hand-held that would have a screen...? an electric razor for buds, leafs you smooth without cutting into your bud...hehe

ps: the RPM's aren't marked, but there are numbers 0-6 and i ran it between 5-6. the rotary tool seems like before, so it just had to cool off for a few hours i guess. if you watch the video i posted on youtube remember it's the absolutely first time i used it - oh, what a tool, hehe

Latest posts

Latest posts