Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > International Forums > Australia/New Zealand > The sacred ghee

Thread Title Search
The sacred ghee Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 03:07 AM #1
Squiggles

Squiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the rough
The sacred ghee

thought id share a recipe for canna butter ive had floating around
came from a men at work mag around 92 before they pulled there pot section

Section 1

1. To make 1 cup of clarified butter you'll need 1¼ cup of butter. (You will lose approximately 25% of the original butter's total volume when clarifying.)
2. Place butter in a saucepan over a very low heat. Let the butter melt slowly, do not stir the butter while it is melting.

3. As the butter melts, it will separate into three layers. The top layer is a thin layer of foam, the middle layer contains the bulk of the liquid (weighing in at about 80% of the total), and the bottom layer is where the water and most of the milk solids are. This natural separation is what makes clarifying possible.
4. Skim the foam off the surface of the butter, discard the foam. Be cautious to avoid dipping the ladle into the butterfat while skimming, as the fat should remain intact.
5. At this point, there are two possible methods for removing the butterfat from the water on the bottom of the pan. The method i chose to illustrate is to decant the fat from the water.

6. Carefully and slowly pour the fat into another container. You can see the water underneath the clear yellow butterfat. If you notice any of the water slipping into the fat, you may need to re-decant your new batch of clarified butter. If there is any water in the clarified butter, and you try adding it to a hot pan, the water will immediately boil when it hits the pan, causing the hot clarified butter to splatter out of the pan and potentially burning the cook.

An alternate method for separating the fat from the water is to use a ladle and skim the fat up and out of the pan, making sure not to let any of the water get into the ladle.

Pour your newly clarified butter to a separate container, and discard the water and small amount of remaining milk fat.

7. If the clarified butter sits for a moment, you might notice more foam float to the top; use a spoon to remove this last bit of foam.

Section 2 now we have our clarified butter

1. add 300 mls water to a saucepan together with your desired extraction material id say around an oz would do

2. bring your saucepan to a low simmer add your ghee(clarified butter)

3. simmer gently for 1 hour and i mean simmer patience here will pay off

4. bring saucepan off the heat and setup your strainer and cheese cloth

strain your ghee to remove any impurites and all the plant material(careful here not to burn oneself )

Section 3

1. place fat/oil suspension into the freezer to let the Ghee set

2. place the set ghee into another pot with 1L water
and Gently simmer for 1 hour refreeze and discard water

3. repeat step 2 for 3-4 times you will have the sacred ghee

Enjoy
Squiggles is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:11 PM #2
rexamus616
I GOTA LUST FOR LIFE!!

rexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of light
you got any pictures of the process? sounds fairly simple.... but it would be handy.

nevermind that.... i found a site with pictures.

https://www.asiarecipe.com/clarbutter.html

and an explanation of clarified butter:

Quote:
Clarified butter is anhydrous milk fat rendered from butter to separate the milk solids and water from the butterfat.[1] Typically, it is produced by melting butter and allowing the different components to separate by density. The water evaporates, some solids float to the surface and are skimmed off, and the remainder of the milk solids sink to the bottom and are left behind when the butter fat (which would then be on top) is poured off.
Commercial methods of production also include direct evaporation, but may also be accomplished by decantation and centrifugation followed by vacuum drying; or direct from cream by de-emulsification followed by centrifugation.
also:

Quote:
Clarified butter has a higher smoke point than regular butter and is, therefore, preferred in some cooking applications, such as sautéing. Clarified butter also has a much longer shelf life than fresh butter.

interesting shit, man. I'll try this next time.....
rexamus616 is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 PM #3
SOTF420
Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Breeder, Med Patient, & 420% Sweet Tooth Fanatic!

SOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant future
You can buy cans of Ghee too, yummy

Thanks for the post

S.O.T.F.S FORUM HERE

SWEET TOOTH #4 - IBL PROJECT ORGANIC *LED* GROW!

Please join the ~SWEET TOOTH SOCIETY~ on ICMag! 323 Members STRONG & GROWING!

Prop. 215 fully compliant legal medical Cannabis user, proud to live in California!

I SUFFER FROM A MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER WITH ILLUSIONS & FANTASY OF EVENTS THAT NEVER TOOK PLACE AND I MAKE UP THESE STORIES TO ENTERTAIN MYSELF, SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME OFFICER! I NEED MY SWEET GREEN MEDICATION. WHY BOTHER A PEACEFUL MEDICAL USER ANYWAYS? THANKS & KEEP IT GRAPEFRUITY!

The Pen is far mightier than the Sword!

Spread your knowledge of Cannabis to all!

Sweet Tooth, will sure cure whatever ails ya!

SOTF420 is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 10:58 PM #4
kerlito
"Tibet freedom"

kerlito is a jewel in the roughkerlito is a jewel in the roughkerlito is a jewel in the roughkerlito is a jewel in the roughkerlito is a jewel in the roughkerlito is a jewel in the roughkerlito is a jewel in the roughkerlito is a jewel in the rough
i don´t see yummy for long time, lol

Big party in syria . let's go to dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN984Z2IZ2U

God only work 7 days
and we all fucking life

The world don´t help Tibet , becose their don´t have black oil

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=193299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ1yX1X4u4
----------------------------------------------------
Maxibloom at 1 tsp (~ 7 grams) per gal is the same as this mix at 1 gal.
---------------------------------------------------
Only use about 10 ml of Florabloom and 5 ml of Floramicro per gallon. Without a conductivity meter

The best media take in water fast and give it back fast, creating more air space as they do so.
kerlito is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:16 AM #5
Technique

Technique will become famous soon enoughTechnique will become famous soon enough
Wowzers thats some good effort..

i generally do it this way.. in the biggest pot i can find..

place water half fill it or so boil water. place two blocks of butter. let it melt.
add all the weed. let it boil for a bit then simmer for hours.. usually use the bbq wok outside..

allow to cool.

find similar sized container.. pour thru a pasta strainer, press thru the strainer all the butter out with potato masher or similar.

Discard the junk..

put in fridge come back hours later when butter has turned solid again.

pierce hole in butter and tip out all the water. break up butter put in microwave to melt into whatever size container you want.

put back in fridge and allow to set and enjoy!!

about 50 grams into a cake/cookies that needs 80 or so grams usually and your out for hours.... 6-7 i believe..

happy times!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:07 AM #6
Squiggles

Squiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the roughSquiggles is a jewel in the rough
thanks for dropping in crew

the reason i like the ghee so much is the fact you can't detect the cannabis
if you follow the recipe to a "T" it should just taste like Ghee

Old 10-06-2010, 10:25 AM #7
High Country
Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll go anywhere

Location: High Country NE Victoria, where Indica reigns supreme.
High Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to allHigh Country is a name known to all
I've got some spare stuff lying around and might have to try this.

NOT ANOTHER CLONING THREAD!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=173419

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=176233

CLONING WITH SPHAGNUM MOSS BY HIGH COUNTRY
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=188106

THE COLLOIDAL SILVER EXPERIMENT
MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W - Page 27 - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

LET'S CLONE IN DIRT, WTF!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=214596

KOG - A GROWER'S LOT
High Country is offline Quote

Old 10-06-2010, 12:48 PM #8
shroomyshroom
Doing what we do because we are who we are

shroomyshroom is just really niceshroomyshroom is just really niceshroomyshroom is just really niceshroomyshroom is just really niceshroomyshroom is just really niceshroomyshroom is just really niceshroomyshroom is just really niceshroomyshroom is just really niceshroomyshroom is just really niceshroomyshroom is just really nice
best canna butter i have seen so far might have to give it a go with some trim

just dont ever eat ghee and sea food in the same day unless you wanna be sick for many many days

"I paused and then gained composure
I was curious I wanted some form of closure
So I moved closer and I asked her "Are you God?"
She replied "No I'm just that part of you you're yet to get to know
Your moment of clarity"

Disclaimer: Warning! Information related to the use of illegal drugs are for information purposes only and are the sole expressions of the individual authors opinion only. I do not promote the use of these substances and the information contained within this publication is not intended to persuade or encourage the use or possession of illegal substances. These substances should be used only under the advice and supervision of a qualified, licensed physician

shroomyshroom is offline Quote

Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 PM #9
dgr

dgr is a jewel in the roughdgr is a jewel in the roughdgr is a jewel in the roughdgr is a jewel in the roughdgr is a jewel in the roughdgr is a jewel in the rough
Squiggles,
you're putting an ounce of bud into about 1 1/4 cups of clarified butter? Is that about right? And from that, I could make a couple batches of brownies?

Thanks. Only cooked once with cannabutter. It took a lot of brownies to feel the effects.
dgr is offline Quote

Old 10-06-2010, 02:54 PM #10
Squiggles

thats pretty much it mate, the amount of cannabis material is up to you dependant on strength desired in the end, i work on an ounce as if say the ghee is used in brownies you would only need 1-2 pieces

you can also use it in garlic prawns, stirfry, curry any number of baked goods
as long as there is a butter/ghee componet to the recipe

ghee has a higher burning temp which is a god send in most fryed/baked savory dishes

"EDIT" Shroomy id say your experiance with Ghee and seafood would come down to bad seafood or cooking practices mate
in my resturant days i used ghee alot and im happy to say ive never poisoned anyone ...