What's new

A question about Malathion

A question about Malathion????
I was told that malathion (spelling?) is organic as it breaks down in 10 days. and that large vegie growers use it as an insectide on their crops because under fed law if it breaks down in 10 days or less it can be labeled "organic"
Any truth to this? He's started useing it on his grow for the borg and said it is great?????
anyone use it or is it complete poision?
any ideas.. Oh and bty I am not smokeing any of his stuff.
Mama didn't raise a fool....slow learner maybe But not a fool.
Good grows to all..........cw

LUDACRIS

Veteran
A question about Malathion????
I was told that malathion (spelling?) is organic as it breaks down in 10 days. and that large vegie growers use it as an insectide on their crops because under fed law if it breaks down in 10 days or less it can be labeled "organic"
Any truth to this? He's started useing it on his grow for the borg and said it is great?????
anyone use it or is it complete poision?
any ideas.. Oh and bty I am not smokeing any of his stuff.
Mama didn't raise a fool....slow learner maybe But not a fool.
Good grows to all..........cw

For spider mites ???????.

Malathion is an organophosphate, and is pretty benign as organophosphates go. It's sprayed on a widespread basis for mosquito control and does the job. It would most likely do a number on most mites .
I don't know that much about floramite except that it also has a reputation for doing the job.
With any bug a few won't screw you up, but when numbers increase to where you gotta do something (poison) about them, then you gotta do something about them.

Choose your poison.

With either of these I'd give as long a period as possible before harvest to let the stuff wear off - just common sense.

Malathion is an organophosphate, and is pretty benign as organophosphates go. It's sprayed on a widespread basis for mosquito control and does the job. It would most likely do a number on most mites .
I don't know that much about floramite except that it also has a reputation for doing the job.

With any bug a few won't screw you up, but when numbers increase to where you gotta do something (poison) about them, then you gotta do something about them.

Choose your poison.

With either of these I'd give as long a period as possible before harvest to let the stuff wear off - just common sense.

good info and I agree with you not to use it for a long while. thanks for the input and info......cw

LUDA... thanks man for following up with me
Fishnead...thank you as well. I appreiciate all the imput and the info on malathion
peace to all.........cw