What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ScrOG Hawaiian snow & AUH#2

fatass

Hello all & please join me in my first grow,
After smoking weed for the past 25 years I finally came to the conclusion that I have to grow my own.
I had enough smoking commercial shit; it is time to smoke my own qualitative weed.
I picked up these strains because I prefer cerebral Sativas then couch-locking indicas – Stuff that I cannot find in local commercial growers.
I read a lot of gossip about Green-house seeds– but frankly it looks like some people just don’t like GHS being commercially successful.
On the other hand I read may reviews that praise GH seeds for being hermaphrodite free and best quality smoke.

I read some grow reports claiming that these strains are not for newbie like me, but got encouraged & inspired by Freezer Boy’s amazing grows
:thank you:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99905
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=77833

and counting on you good-heartedness experts made me launched this challenging 1st grow.

I started collecting info about a year ago – so I’ve got most of the theoretical knowledge -exclude the use of nuts which I guess you really learn only by practice.

My growing tent is located in humid basement (80 – 90%) with temperatures around
20-25C or 68-77F.
The tent is 80X80X160cm or 31X31X63inch, 2 plastic boxes with calcium chloride lower humidity down to 40% when the lights are on and up to 70% at darkness.
400w HPS Philips GreenPower in a cool-tube + 80W DL CFL as a side light.
Inline fan 230 m3\hour and a carbon filter keeps temp at 33C\90F when the lights are on and 23C\73F at dark.

Both girls are 4 weeks old and just got out of 72 hours of darkness to 12\12 cycle.
They reside in 3 gallon pots filled with soil-less mix made mostly out of peat moss.

Hawaiian snow:

HS.jpg HS_2.jpg
& Arjan's Ultra haze #2
AHU2.jpg

I plan to use the CFL as bottom light when the screen will get full and block the light for the undergrowth.
I need the undergrowth buds to keep me satisfied and away for the upper buds for the next 13 weeks.

top.jpg

I used BoiBizz fish-mix root-juice for the past 4 weeks.
And I just feed them with BioGrow, Biobloom & Alg-A-Mic according to the feeding schedule.
I keep the solution at ~5.8PH and ~1.7EC – my runoff water PH is ~6.2

Advices and mental support posts are most welcome

fatass

Outdoor grow

Outdoor grow

Besides all the indoor fun above I'm also running some GHS seeds in the sunny wilds
Here is "the Church" - now 7 weeks old and 50cm (20inch) tall
Ch.jpg

She is a sunny valley with AH#1 and another AUH#2 two weeks seedlings

Oh – and 4 little Lowryders#2 that just started to flower (6 weeks to harvest)

fatass

3rd day under 12\12

3rd day under 12\12

I got some pictures when the HPS light is off -
looks better.
HS:
HS_1.jpg HS_2.jpg

And the AUH2
AUH2.jpg

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Hey Fat, Thanks 'fer the kind words. Break a stem and all that.

While undergrowth will aid in keeping your hands off the real stash, Be wary of letting it get too thick. Keep your eye on it, especially in such a humid environment. The photos fail to do justice to the undead, zombie appearance, pale, gray...yuck but, that's the result of overcrowding under the screen without keeping an eye on things

fatass

Thanks Freezer,
Just when I started to think I'm all alone here...

Thanks for the tip - I thought of using my 80w cfl to light up the under growth and add another fan beneath the screen.
I hope this will avoid such zombies?

dev0n

You are a brave soul - I haven't ventured into Arjan-land yet, but then again I'll definitely do that where the weather will let me grow some serious outdoor trees.

Yeah watch that temp + humidity. 90F and 70% are both in the danger zone. I've found that, while the plant may be less fragile and requires less mothering than a lot of people are inclined to give, a lot of sustained heat will definitely cause problems with stretching in the near term and underdeveloped buds later, and high humidity will slow transpiration and therefore development now and can rot your buds come flower time.

fatass

Thanks devOn
I hope I'm a brave soul and not a stupid one :headbange
I also got an AUH#2 & AH#1 along with "the church" growing in the outdoors.
We never get the frost here and actually they grow in a place where is doesn't get below 12C\53F in winter.
What do you use to fed your outdoors grow?
I’ll bankrupt if I’ll use BioBizz to water 6 gallon pots…

fatass

4th day under 12\12

4th day under 12\12

Boy I’m glad I started this thread.
I was sure my girls are not growing – till I compared these shots with those I placed 4 days ago.
The AUH2 actually started to smell, and it smells delicious.
So here is the AUH2

And the Hawaiian Snow

I added bottle dripping vinegar over a bowl with baking soda and another one filled with water, yeast and sugar to enrich my tent with CO2.
I must admit it looks pathetic, but as long it makes my maternal instinct happy so why not.:gaga:

fatass

CO2 enrichment

CO2 enrichment

I added bottle dripping vinegar over a bowl with baking soda and another one filled with water, yeast and sugar to enrich my tent with CO2.
I must admit it looks pathetic, but as long it makes my maternal instinct happy so why not.:gaga:

I take is back, the yeast stuff seems to work.
I made a small hole at the tap of the bottle and I keep seeing bubbles getting out.

fatass

An update from the field

An update from the field

Here is a low quality picture (take by my friend phone camera)
Of one of three LR2 we've got.
She is in her second week of flowering - 4 more to go
Img5E4602D0.jpg

fatass

Day 9 flowering

Day 9 flowering

All is looking very well.
The AUH2 is beautiful, I can spend hours just staring at her.
As you can see she is getting bigger and thicker in an amazing pace and just crossed the canopy – I guess I’ll need to start training her in the next couple of days.

The Hawaiian Snow is also doing great – she is not as big as her friend (thank goodness) My initial plan was that she will consume less net space and harvested first allowing the giant AUH2 to spread out and use her space.

Anyway I don’t like to talk about harvest now – there is a long way to go…
Check out this guy actually waited for 16 weeks(!!!) before he harvested his AUH2
http://greenhouseseeds.nl/shop/grow-reviews/arjans-ultra-haze-2-by-pukkeltje.html
I really hope my lady will be ready sooner

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
congrads on your grow man i love sativas i heard the auh2 tastes and smells mango 16 wks is a long time but i would def wait her out i had a hs pheno that went 15 wks and was some of the best smoke i ever had i wish i still had her but she had to go do to a fucked up situtation ill be growin some sativas in the future and along with the hs i may be considerin the auh2 best of luck with your grow and ill be waitn for a smoke report
peace stonE

S

Shtote

Howaiian Snow is the way to go !

Howaiian Snow is the way to go !

Hey,
Thanks for invitation.
I am growing outdoor (at +44N) this year HS and i am very excited too >
I will watch your updates with much interest
Good Luck with your Girls :tiphat: !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks promising fatass :) the ah2 looks like a nice plant.

scrog with more than one strain, or even more than 1 pheno of a strain, can be tricky because of the differences in stretch, thats why i use a modular system with a separate screen attached to each pot.

thats all part of the fun though and learning though :D

VG

fatass

Hey,
Thanks for invitation.
I am growing outdoor (at +44N) this year HS and i am very excited too >
I will watch your updates with much interest
Good Luck with your Girls :tiphat: !

Thanks for stopping by Shtote.
Actually I have another outdoor grow I'm doing with a friend that includes:
One plant of “the church” - last time I checked it got to 32 inches
One Arjan's Haze #1 – which is still a seedling – we germinated it late at session so it will not get too high
And 3 LR2 – that should be ready in 4 weeks to feed us so we will keep our hands from the real stash.
I posted some pictures in the previous posts check them out