What's new

Diesel Ryder grow

High!

Thanks for checking in on my first grow here as a med patient. I am gonna need some help here so i figured I would be best off starting a "diary" and maybe someone else can learn something too :dance013:

So ill go over the basics.....

They r currently under 24/0. I started them from seeds that I got from a friend who has done a couple seed runs with this strain. They were germed using 3" cocotek liners under 2 25 watt hydrofarm CFLs. the medium used in the cocotek liners was fox farms light warrior. I just put them down into the main room today.

Down there I have a 600 watt hps, air cooled reflector, 6" fan.....

I put the cocotek pots into 5 gallon grow bags..... I used LC mix #2 with the FFOF and im hoping that works well. I have heard people having problems with FFOF and I may try and mix my own next time. 2" layer of hydrotons on top and bottom.

Got 5 babies now so im hoping for 3 girls that be nice :thank you:

I am gonna switch to 18/6 here soon..... not sure when but i would like some input there...... well im gonna start loading some pics :jump:

Attachments

• grow bags.jpg
    grow bags.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 15
  • cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Room.jpg
    Room.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Seedling.jpg
    Seedling.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 13

turbo14

Veteran
High,

:wave:.

Nice setup, are you going to run the 600w in the closet or a tent? I know that's a 600w bulb, but if it's air cooled you should see if you can lower the light any? This will reduce that stretchynesss by a ton.

What week do you start looking for the sex on Autoflowers?

"I used to smoke pot with Johnny Hopkins, we we're blazing that shit up everyday"

Hi Turbo :wave:

My veg cabinet has two 2" t5's w/ reflectors and then the 600 is in the crawlspace..... I decided not to use the tent for a little while..... maybe after summer temps go away because it gets a little on the hot side upstairs where i would have to set up the tent.

My friend that bred these seeds said like 14-17 days after they break ground they will show their private parts.

Im gonna take some more pics once the lights come back on. i put em on 18/6 today:jump:

Hi

Update!

Update!

I was so excited to wake up my kids when the lights came back on today..... ive had em on 24/0 till this morning so 6 hours was a long time to not see em :kissgrin:

Its staying nice and cool down there! I moved the lights down pretty far I think they'll appreciate that :jump: well heres some pics!

Attachments

• bags.jpg
    bags.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 14
  • bags1.jpg
    bags1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 16
  • crawl space.jpg
    crawl space.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 13
  • hygro.jpg
    hygro.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 12
What goin on in the cab? A few backups that im gonna let grow out a lot more under the floros before moving them under the HID.

Attachments

• One.jpg
    One.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 12
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 15

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
the majority of auto-flowering threads I have read, plus most manufacturers that bother to recommend a lighting schedule, use a 20/4 schedule. I am not saying it's like the law but a million Chinese growers can't be wrong.
either way I will try to send you good vibes and wish you a good 1st med grow

I tried to give you +rep but my browser doesn't want to let the rep window pop-up. I will try again later.

the majority of auto-flowering threads I have read, plus most manufacturers that bother to recommend a lighting schedule, use a 20/4 schedule. I am not saying it's like the law but a million Chinese growers can't be wrong.
either way I will try to send you good vibes and wish you a good 1st med grow

I tried to give you +rep but my browser doesn't want to let the rep window pop-up. I will try again later.

Thank you for the positive vibes I appreciate it!

I think you sold me on the 20/4 light schedule as I had already been debating....

I have also been thinking more about what I want to do with these babies in the party cups..... have been looking at other peoples threads and may just flower em out in the party cups for the hell of it. Keep em in the cabinet the whole time and throw a few more cfls in there. I saw on another site a guy pulled close to an ounce off one party cup with LA Conf..... pretty cool something to keep me occupied and learning at same time.

High

So im having a hard time deciding what i want to do at this point.....

I culled one of the babies in the flowering room so now I have 4 down there and three up in the cabinet in party cups. I feel like the ones in the cab are doing way better. Im thinking for two reasons.... 1. they were started are in 16oz cups, not 3" inch little cocotek liners (which i think is stressing out the roots because they have to try so hard to grow through the liner?) 2. They are under a cool white floro while the others r under the 600 watt hps.

Ill put up the pics and I would like to hear some suggestions
:thank you:

These r the three from the cab that were started 3 days after the ones downstairs.

Oh and i dont know y that one has claw leaves?

Attachments

• one1.jpg
    one1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 12
  • two2.jpg
    two2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 15
  • three3.jpg
    three3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 13
Here r the other ones

I think i want to install some outlets for a few cfl Cool white bulbs maybe that will make them veg better?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 15
Havent updated this in a bit but I ended up killing those little things in the cocotek pots because I just didnt like how small those pots were and my Diesel Ryders in the party cups were doing so much better under a fraction of the lights (2 25 watt t5's). Any how here r the 3 im left with

Attachments

• Auto 3some.jpg
    Auto 3some.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Auto #3.jpg
    Auto #3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Auto #2.jpg
    Auto #2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Auto #1.jpg
    Auto #1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 12
Here are some pics i just took..... Two of the DR's are looking great and then the other one looks great but its different. I've been told by the breeder that its a mutant and to just keep growing it out. Im getting excited! Im also gonna put up some pics of the "21" I started :jump:

Attachments

• 21 3some.jpg
    21 3some.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 21o.jpg
    21o.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Centennial seeds.jpg
    Centennial seeds.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 14
  • Centennial seeds 2.jpg
    Centennial seeds 2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 13
Update!

Hi!

Well my babies have been under the big light now since Saturday and I think they r liking it. I only had em under 2 25 watt T5's in the cabinet so I felt like that wasnt enough (gonna get two or 3 more t5's before next germination). One of my DR's got light burn from me being a noob and foilar spraying during the middle of lights on..... wont happen again! It's weird how only one of the 6 plants were affected by it. The three "21"s are all looking the same..... healthy and happy :dance013:

Here are the DR's

Attachments

• DR1.jpg
    DR1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DR2.jpg
    DR2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DR3.jpg
    DR3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 10
  • grow room.jpg