What's new

Mixnball grinder - Quality Control?

Cheeba

I purchased the MixNBall 3 screen grinder (600, 285, and 170) and was excited about opening the box. The presserII and purilizer came w/ it.

Now after further inspection, check this out.

Anybody else have this?

G

Not sure I understand, they don't screw tight together?

I'm asking because I'm looking for one too, and I've been thinking about buying a cheap coffee grinder to use...

Nope never had it? Are we looking at cracked threads? If so, it comes from someone misalligning the threads and trying to screw it together.

So whatcha plan to do about it? Sweet kit none the less. Hope you get a relacement or get it fixed.

~GB~

G

so it doesn't work?

rad idea, if it worke,d the baron would cop one

Cheeba

The threads are able to close, though, I would've thought that the quality of of the threads would've been better.

I just took it out of the box again and noticed something I didn't yesterday.

Here's the underside of another screen.

On the other hand, the grinder part looks great and I wish it was better made. I will be returning this product and maybe just get the MegaLeaf II (the one w/OUT screens)

Well then it's officially a peice of shit! Sucks man. I have myself a 70$ dollar one with a catcher screen and all. The only thing that sucks is...........It doesn't work! A year of grinding and not even enough to top a bowl. :wallbash: Well at least it grinds.

Buyer Beware! Make sure it works before buying it!

~GB~

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I got a great one, its a knock off of the space case cyrtal catcher, a straight rip off, the milling inside is identical, it works great and i got some nice polm from it withng= a week....im not emptying it again till after xmas now though....
the one i got is called the crystal twist... I also got a plastic one which comes with 3 different screen sizes but it broke, the top section which is a stash compartment has a small triangle shaped chunk missing from the side where the lid fits in...... that one works great...i got a nice lump friom gronding the weed for 9 joints...i think i got simething like 0.7 of nice blonde product using the middle sized mesh.... pressed it in the cellophane from a cig pack with my pliers whic i had heated in the oven...worked great for that little bit...bu i usuall keep it loose in vials for bowls...

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive got one but in order to get the pot down onto the screen they expect you to grind it down pretty fine..... secret to a good joint is texture and with this ....it just aint happening. Has to be fine enough to drop down through some holes onto the screen and as far as im concerned once it will drop on the screen it is too fine for my liking....ok for a vape but not joints that taste and burn well.
Prolly just sit here on the table and never get used. I like the simpe sweetleaf one better. If i want kief i know how to make it :)

G

this is why i LOVE my spacecase grinder/trich catcher combo.

man and i really wanted one of these cuz i lovvvvvvvvve dry sieve and the fact they have more screens/screen size options than spacecase made me want one.. this is actually the 1st time.. the very first time i've heard anything wrong about these mixnballs.. perhaps yours was made by someone having a very bad day. hehe. take care.

C

Chamba

70 bucks and it falls apart!....what a rip-off!....thanks for letting us know, I will avoid MixNball products like the plague!

and anyway.... those Mixnball grinders with multiple screens are a copy of the "Kannastor" line of aluminium grinders...Mixnballs not only produce a shitty product, they are design stealing unoriginal bastards as well!

Kannastor grinders were the first to offer multi mesh screen grinders......it's almost always best to buy the originals....

Cheeba, the best advice is to politely demand a refund from your retailer in written form and return the faulty item ....use that money to buy a well made grinder...if they won't offer a refund then hopefully use the credit they offer you to purchase something else from that retailer.

and while those aluminium grinders with screens are a novel idea and are an good introduction into the art of kiffing, they are at best a gimmick...but a kif or stash box with a much larger screen area, the correct size mesh combined with and a standard grinder are where it's at for effective kif production. (see Gypsy Nirvana's stash boxes at seedboutique.com)

the bud can be ground up in the grinder and then tapped out over the screen frame.....the bud can then be rolled or bonged ...or can be carded back and forth over the screen to extract the trichomes.....smaller stash boxes can be shaken

the problem with those mesh grinders is the mesh surface area is too small for effective dry sifting and the mesh hole openings are too large.....a small mesh area like those little grinders have with the correct mesh size would easily get clogged up on such a small surface area so they use a mesh or meshes with larger size holes so they won't get clogged up...but the down side is with clogg free meshes you get a more contaminated kif as the large holes let through lots of broken up veg matter as well as resin heads...most metal grinders use a 60 or 80 mesh and most kif or stash boxes use 100 ~ 140 mesh..so you can see how ineffective they are compared to a stash box

the answer is to make a grinder with a larger mesh surface area ..but this would cost too much and be too heavy to use.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
u got to remember that all of these resin collecting grinders are meant as a nice novelty thing to have and its cool that you can collect a little bit of hash, but it was never meant forany large scale hah making so comparing it to a proper screen set up is unfair really......any1 with an iota of common sensewill know theyre not going to make the best or the most hash with these...they are a grinder 1st and foremost and any thing else is a bonus........ My crystal twist works great and doesnt take long to build up to something that can be pressed into a nice lump of about a gram....
the plastic one with multiple screens is still useful so i can put what i colect from the metal grinder, through the tightest screen to get any small green buts out, which are inectiably going to get in there--its a grinder remember.....I laughed at someone complaining about one a few weeks ago that it takes a longtime to get anything....but the dude only smokes 1 joint in the evening and 1 more at bedtime .....
the grinder that this thread was about was bady made though....someone in a rush to leave the factory and get home to his wife probably.... Id definately take it to the shop and at least ask for a replacement item of equal value......

mixnball helper

mixnball grinders comes with a warranty for 5 years

mixnball grinders comes with a warranty for 5 years

you should have contacted us to get your product replaced. instead of being disappointed.
why didnt you read the instructions on the packaging i do not know.
you can alwayes mail us and we'll take good care of you.
mixnball helper

p.s. here is a picture of the package... please read it and find it out for yourself

G

Just get a tray/box with a sreen. Like the Gypsy Nirvana box or bubblemans bubble box. Use a 3 inch sweet leaf grinder or electric krups or black n decker coffee grinder. After you break your stash up with one of these grinders and sift over your screen you will be left with a good reward. Much better than an f'n grinder with a screen.

G

I've got the exact same thing, had it for like a year now, no problems at all! I guess you just got an unlucky unit?

Latest posts

Latest posts